Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 10, 2014
Attending this school had been a terrible experience. My family and i have contributed everything we can give to them and we wthought of the school staff as family. But the school secretary allows bullying and would always brush it off. I had kids cyberbullying me, saying i was "fake" or that "i wanted attention" several of my friends were bullied too and still are. One of my friends even went to the school with it and the school, liie always, brushed it off like it wasnt important. I am not the only one to transfer schools because of the nonsense that the faculty tolerated. Some of my friends even started having suicidal thoughts and when they got caught. The staff only got my friends in trouble with their parents and didnt make a move to end the bullying. This is too small a school for so much drama. I hope you find this review helpful. And take my advice when i say dont send your child here. It wouldnt make a difference in their education anyway.

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
Most of the teacher's appear dedicated and the turn over rate is low. Kids receive the basic reading, writing and math. School is also very safe. On the negative side however, the school needs a major revamping as it looks run down and there is no full or part time janitor to keep the school clean. Not sure what is going on with the school budget or where the money goes. Additionally, school needs a new principal with more energy and fresh ideas. I am certain the school can tap into the archdiocese for help with projects that could improve the school so not sure why administration has not looked into this. Lastly, the school needs to keep up with technology by providing kids with tablets for homework/reading and also by keeping website current. Oh and parents and students being able to log in to check progress/assignments.

Posted March 28, 2014
Awful school. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. I was beaten and bullied. I was too scared to tell anyone what happened and my mother saw bruises on me and immediately went to the school -- my teacher told my mother I had been crying every day in class and didn't even think to call my mother and tell her what had been going on, The principle couldn't care less. I would NEVER EVER send a child here. It is truly a god-less place with awful people running the school. Do NOT send your child here. Mean kids and mean teachers.

Posted February 07, 2014
This school has been the worst experience. All they care about is tution but when it comes to bullying they take no action in the well being of the children. Teachers that don't even have their credentials and are abusive to students. The principal is very passive and does not run the school the way it should run. This is supposed to be a private catholic school but they tolerate bullying. I would never recommend this school to no one.

Posted August 26, 2013
SBOS is one of the best school in the San Fernando Valley. I'm happy to put my son in this school.

Posted April 17, 2011
St. Bridget of Sweden is the best choice I have made for my children. I currently have a 6th grader and a 4th grader who have attended SBOS since kindergarten. The students get a well rounded education, the basics, religion and lots of oppurtunity to develop their creativity. The teachers and administrative staff are very approachable and go above and beyond when it comes to the well being of the student. I highly recommend this school and only wish that it extended to 12th grade!

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Saint Bridget offers a great education with a warm inviting family feel to it. I am proud to send my children to SB.

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School 0

Posted June 28, 2009
My son went to st brigets and we are extremily amazed of his performance . Also school gives all oppurtunities to develop academically and extra curricular y. The teachers are very dedicated ...

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted June 12, 2007

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School
7120 Whitaker Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  91406
Last modified St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top