Los Angeles, CA

Posted April 02, 2015
Ever since ive been in this school ive been miserable. THE BULLYING NEEDS TO STOP. The faculty allows foul play, and all forms of bullying to commence during school hours alone. Please take into account that ive been with this school since kindergarten, which is a mere 8 years of dedication, donations, generosity, and so much more and for that devotion of my family's time, i get nothing but a little brush whenever i try to confront the faculty about serious matters. This includes student rights, educational matters, and matters based upon the fact that bullying in any form is just sinful and should be prohibeted, especially if such matters are performed in front of an adults eyes. You might tell by the way im writing this review that the school has a generally good educational base. But the fact of the matter is that most of the education that we are taught is literally taught through arts and crafts and not as much books and notes. Serious improvements need to be made at this school!

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
Most of the teacher's appear dedicated and the turn over rate is low. Kids receive the basic reading, writing and math. School is also very safe. On the negative side however, the school needs a major revamping as it looks run down and there is no full or part time janitor to keep the school clean. Not sure what is going on with the school budget or where the money goes. Additionally, school needs a new principal with more energy and fresh ideas. I am certain the school can tap into the archdiocese for help with projects that could improve the school so not sure why administration has not looked into this. Lastly, the school needs to keep up with technology by providing kids with tablets for homework/reading and also by keeping website current. Oh and parents and students being able to log in to check progress/assignments.

Posted March 28, 2014
Awful school. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. I was beaten and bullied. I was too scared to tell anyone what happened and my mother saw bruises on me and immediately went to the school -- my teacher told my mother I had been crying every day in class and didn't even think to call my mother and tell her what had been going on, The principle couldn't care less. I would NEVER EVER send a child here. It is truly a god-less place with awful people running the school. Do NOT send your child here. Mean kids and mean teachers.

Posted February 07, 2014
This school has been the worst experience. All they care about is tution but when it comes to bullying they take no action in the well being of the children. Teachers that don't even have their credentials and are abusive to students. The principal is very passive and does not run the school the way it should run. This is supposed to be a private catholic school but they tolerate bullying. I would never recommend this school to no one.

Posted August 26, 2013
SBOS is one of the best school in the San Fernando Valley. I'm happy to put my son in this school.

Posted April 17, 2011
St. Bridget of Sweden is the best choice I have made for my children. I currently have a 6th grader and a 4th grader who have attended SBOS since kindergarten. The students get a well rounded education, the basics, religion and lots of oppurtunity to develop their creativity. The teachers and administrative staff are very approachable and go above and beyond when it comes to the well being of the student. I highly recommend this school and only wish that it extended to 12th grade!

Posted October 05, 2009
Saint Bridget offers a great education with a warm inviting family feel to it. I am proud to send my children to SB.

Posted June 28, 2009
My son went to st brigets and we are extremily amazed of his performance . Also school gives all oppurtunities to develop academically and extra curricular y. The teachers are very dedicated ...

Posted September 20, 2006
The school provides a strong family atmosphere. They have a Very caring and kind staff (i would name them all but it wouln't fit). My children actaully look forward to going to school and enjoy it don't argue about doing homework. The kids come home ecited about their daily activities. I love the school and so do my kids

St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2005
The school secretary is a very nice lady. She is extremely helpful and kind and tries to help us in any way possible. she is a great people person to have to greet prospective parents.keep up the good work mrs watsabaugh!

7120 Whitaker Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  91406
Last modified St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Bridget of Sweden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top