K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We found our family church and school in Our Lady of Peace. Our experience has been such a blessing from day one. Father Mike, the school administrators and teachers, coaches and even the lunch lady all have their heart vested to making OLP a place where our children can thrive academically while in a safe environment. Their conflict resolution strategy is strongly based on our Catholic values always being fair and equal. That's something I strongly rely on while I'm away at work. I regret not starting my eldest here sooner, having had endured other schools where not as kind, and treated our family like a case number. OLP is nurturing and non-pretentious. I am grateful and look forward to my two little ones who have a place I can confidently call their second home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school values strongly mirror that of Catholic values. Their conflict resolution is a clear example of that.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers work closely with each student, adjusting lessons to allow all the students to grow at an equal level.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

OLP's homework structure is easy to follow and reasonable in terms of load and policy.

I dont like this school but im graduating this upcoming year so i cant really back out . This upcoming school year will probably be a huge struggle : new teacher , same principal and no updates on books or designing in classrooms .

I read the review submitted by a kinder grandmother and, having a child in that class, I felt I needed to add mine as well. The teacher has been kind all year and I've heard of no issues with other parents or families in the class. I can imagine which grandmother made the post, and she should not guide you as to whether or not you should enroll your child at Our Lady of Peace. My daughter would tell me of the constant tantrums this child would throw and how she would run out of class. Luckily the teacher had an aide that could go after her. I'm sure that's why the student was discouraged from going on class trips. I would NOT want my child or other students being left while the teachers are chasing after a misbehaving student. It's a liability for all, so the child's family should be more understanding. And being in daycare is NOT the same as being in school. Daycare is babysitting, for students to roam around freely and play, while school is structured with rules and procedures so students can learn. I've had a good experience so far and plan to keep my child here for the upcoming year. There are many activities all year for families to be involved.

I graduated from Our Lady of Peace school a few years ago and since then I have watched the school slowly fall apart. The teachers are still great and the office staff is always very friendly and as helpful as they can be. However, the school itself has gone from being a wholesome family environment to a hostile one. Our Lady of Peace is now full of bullying - I know this because I have a family member who attends the school and is constantly being picked on. However, despite every attempt to get the principal to do something, she STILL refuses to do anything about it. She cares more about money than she does about her students or faculty. I have watched the way she talks to people and I am appalled by her rudeness. As a principal, her first priority should be to protect her students - even if that is from each other - and not brush off any little thing that comes her way. Yet that's exactly what she does. Nothing gets handled and there is no punishment for anything. So the bullying just gets worse. Honestly, at the rate it's going, I wouldn't dare send my kids there. I'm sorry to say but this school is a short jump away from completely falling apart.

I am proud to work at this school. Many of our teachers have clear teaching credentials and masters. We work hard to teach all subjects and the catholic faith to our students. We are not perfect, as every school has its strengths and weaknesses, but I feel our students receive a good education from teachers who are passionate about teaching. For us, teaching is not just a job, it's a vocation!

Our Lady Of Peace School, in North Hills CA is a horrible school. I enrolled my granddaughter and paid in advance for 1yr. When entering this school my granddaughter was familiar with school and school settings, she has been in daycare and schools since the age of 1. All of a sudden she was no longer wanting to go, we soon found out the teachers are less than qualified and refuse to show any proof of education. When the teacher began discriminating we looked for answers and got none. They refuse to let her go on field trips, and refused to let me volunteer. I was only able to get her on the field trip by taking it up with the principal, they had no valid reason to leave her out. The teacher constantly discriminated against her regarding field trips, even making her sit at a table alone while all other children were grouped during class. She did everything to break our vulnerable 5yr old. To the point that she no longer wants to go to school. I lost $4,000 worth of 'education' and am left with traumatic experiences.They are money grubbing unqualified and unethical.

Worst school ever!!!! A lot of bully, from same teachers and students!! Public school works best in all areas, I change my kids from then to public school seems to have more warm and learning environment that this catholic school! What a shame.... I like the OLP church but no the School......a lot of hate and bully!!!! Do your kids a favor and Keep them away from this negative environment!!

Last modified Our Lady Of Peace Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8