No rating

Our Lady of Guadalupe Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $198,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Sweep tile

Posted July 29, 2010

The dedication, work, and personal time that Mrs. Villareal, school principal, and her staff commit to everyday for the benefit of our children and their academic and religious education is unmeasurable and greatly appreciated! To have these qualities in the staff makes the school an excellent choice for parents to commit to private education, especailly since Mrs. Villareal and some staff are also alumni of OLG! There is always a positive feeling when you walk onto the campus and the children are always polite! My kids love OLG!

Posted July 11, 2010

The school's Principal, Mrs. Villareal has shown true dedication to the children and has bent over backwards to help each family as much as possible. The support of the Alum of OLG has made a geat difference in bringing an excellent catholic education to all the students. The Alums working together with the Principal and her teachers is a great support and rarely seen in an elementary school environment. The Alum and the OLG staff are truly an asset to our neighborhood.

Posted July 7, 2010

As an alumni of OLG it has been the foundation of my education and my faith. The teachers offered us more than education. We received discipline, respect, honor, and security. I am proud to be one of seven siblings that graduated from OLG. My daughter is also an alumni of OLG and my grandchildren and product of OLG education. I thank OLG faculty today for keeping up the great work set by the Columban Nuns in our day. Thank you!

Posted June 30, 2010

I am an alumna of OLG and have seen the dedication of the principal, her staff and some of her parents to bring the school to its highest potential. Our alumni group is there to help them reach this pinnacle. We are very proud of our school and the teachings we received from the Columban Sisters and we are asking other alumni to join our cause and help us in our beloved journey to help the school in whatever needs they have.

Posted May 19, 2010

I have been a parent at Our Lady of Guadalupe School for over 11 years and I am extremely excited to see the new standards that have been set in academics. The change in administration has moved our school into a positive road of progress. Not only do we receive a weekly newsletter from our wonderful principal, but each teacher is required to provide a montly newsletter on activities and events scheduled for that specific grade and class. Our fundraising quota has been lowered and many opportunities are given to throughout the year to meet the quota. The involvement of the Alumni Association has increased so much that they purchase new playground equipment when needed for our students. Thank you to all who continue to work hard to help our school succeed!

Posted May 17, 2010

I am a current parent and I have to say I am extremely happy with the faculty and administration at Our Lady of Guadalupe. Academics are top priority in my opinion. In regards to the administration, I am so happy that transparency is the word of the day. There is a consistent weekly bulletin and many fundraising opportunities have been made available to help me meet my committment. I definitely give kudos for all the hard work taking place at OLG!!!Thank you!

Posted May 11, 2010

This is my 12th year as a Parent at OLG school and I've seen many many changes. I'm proud to send my daughter there -

Posted May 10, 2010

My son is in the 7th grade and my daughter is in the 5th grade. This school is so anti-physical Education that balls are scare in the playground. Not to mention there is nothing else to do during recess. The mismanagement of this school makes it very frustrating . Fundrasing should be clear and consistant since the begining of the school year. However, it seams that private interest and greed have taken over administration at this school.

Posted September 8, 2009

I received an excellent education along with moral and social values that enabled me to be successful academically and financially. Any body who seeks academic excellence along with social awareness making a positive impact on society should definitely consider OLG.

Posted March 17, 2009

My son attended OLG from 1st to 8th Grade.... He is now entering his first year of college at USC. Thanks OLG for the foundation of his education. My daughter has attended OLG since Kinder and is graduating this year. That's right..... parent participation is a MUST. Therefore, you get what you put in. I'll MISS OLG!

Posted October 20, 2008

My son has attended this school since he was 4 yrs old. He attended public school for a yr and didn't like it. Next semester he will be attending 6 grade. This is a great school my child test score are all above average. He was one of the top 5 in his math and reading. I would not blame the teacher, it's up to the child and the parents to ask for help if your child is struggling in a certain subject. The teacher are great and are willing to help the child and the parents. I love this school, it is small and everyone is like a family there. My 4 year old will be attending this school in Jan as well.

Posted March 26, 2006

My 13-year old 7th grade son has attended since 4th grade. He is currently behind his grade level in math and his language skills need much improvement. I credit this to the school's curriculum, the high number of students at this school who come from families that are not that involved in their children's education or who do not value education as other neighborhoods. This year, the principal allowed my son's class size to balloon up to 36 students, some of which are disruptive to the class and the learning environment. Overall, knowing what I now know, I would not have my son attend. I would recommend a different area for better schools, public or private. And while the school was greatly responsible for my son's current academic level, my wife and I could have also been more involved in our son's education.

Ethnicity This school

Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

436 North Hazard Avenue