Posted September 25, 2014
I see that the principal Brito is not being the principal we thought she was going to be good. she is mean and has a parents and students who she prefers. now a parent is working there and treats the students very bad. I see staff crying cause she is mean and that is not right. the academia is suffering a lot. I would like to have my child some other place but she has friends here. My family wants to leave. A parent told me to put stuff here because people know. I miss how it use to be, friendly and happy with Ms. Suelto and Ms. Sarmento We need her to go.

Posted September 06, 2014
The school just keeps getting worse. The principal has no shame. At graduation she gave the same speech as the 8th grade teacher. I guess they must be teaching the kids to copy each others work since thats what she did. She's rude to the kids and yells at them. She even yells at the employees and talk behind thier backs and does the same with parents. Its sad that great teachrers left, but i don't blame them for doing it, who would want to be there.

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
Wow, not sure how much the school has changed but from the looks of the other reviews it changed a lot. I first attended this school back in 1997 and the staff and teachers were all great. I learned a lot, everything was organized and such.

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
The school has NOT IMPROVED! The school is not academic at all. Class time is being effected with different activities. How are students able to learn if they are performing dances and etc. There is no consistency. Parents don't know what is going on until just a few days before, calendars are not given out ahead of time, and school gets cancelled with only 2 days notice twice in the same month. The last few positive comments written had to have been written by the principal herself because that is how she talks. This is not an academically prosperous environment at all.

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2014
The school has improved and glad we stayed. Principal Brito is doing an excellent job! She has a very professional demeanor, very approachable and has the passion to make the school even better in the years to come. Teachers are great. Having a Doctor in the faculty is a huge plus on top of rest of the qualified Teachers in all grade levels. Our child learns how to read as early as Pre-K. Mrs. Pi a is one of the wonderful teacher! The school has a new website and it has improved a lot. There is more parents, faculty and community participation going on. Choir, Karate, Art, Dance, Sports activities are some of the enrichment programs the school made available for the students. There is no other way for this school but moving up!

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School 5

Posted January 28, 2014
Great school! I am a proud parent of child that attends Our Lady of Loretto and I have seen the change from the previous Principal Mrs. Sarmiento to the new Principal Mrs. Brito. If I was to make an analogy I would have to choose night and day. The school underwent a period of darkness when the old principal Mrs. Sarminto ran the school. About the time when I was contemplating pulling my child out of Loretto, the news were given that Mrs. Sarmiento had resigned and there was a new principal appointed. My husband and I decided to give this new principal a try and boy we were surprise! To start the school year we had the wonderful surprise that our Lady of Loretto finally had central air. The school was repainted and the carpets were clean and floors were shinning. Thank you Mrs. Brito for accomplishing in your short term what we were told it could not be done to that school all these years.

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
The school is changing dramatically: principal, teachers and the facilities as well. Classes are well taught. Though, it still needs time for a complete make over.

Posted November 07, 2013
Horrible school!! Last principle left and this new one Mrs. Brito is worse. Always screaming at the children and has no patience for kids! Academically they don't challenge kids and it is a "bootleg" version of a private school. Teachers and principal need their credentials reviewed. Sorry to say.

Posted May 29, 2013
Terrible. Heard the principal is leaving, hopefully the next one will be able to turn it around.

Posted February 03, 2013
This school needs a lot of help. Everything is unsatisfactory. You would want to send your child where the focus is improving student learning!

Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School
258 North Union Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90026
Last modified Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Loretto Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top