Posted September 10, 2014
I really like this school! It is the perfect blend of structure, without being too strict. It's Catholic and private, but not judge-y and close minded. There is a wide diversity both religious and cultural at the school. I feel that there is room for my kids (7 & 8) to grow. When I was in the midst of moving to Los Angeles and looking at different schools, it was hard for me to choose in which school to enroll my kids. I know that I made the right decision. The school is like a family and the teachers work very closely with the parents to make sure that the kids are advancing as they should. I have always been able to reach out and contact my children's teachers and even Mrs. Fernandez, the principal. Mrs. Fernandez has been very patient and kind, while giving off that "principalish" make-sure-you-are-behaving demeanor toward the children. I know mine have been in trouble several times for small things (as children do) and I have always felt that she has handled the situation appropriately and fairly. I honestly do not know why there is a one star review for the school.

Posted May 31, 2014
My children currently attend St Teresa of Avila School. I of course have no idea who the previous poster is, but they must be referring to a difference school. None of the teachers have left in the last three years, since my children have begun attending. It would be difficult to find a more dedicated and accessible principal that Mrs Fernandez. Truly a great leader.

St. Teresa Of Avila Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2013
Just happened to stumble upon these reviews on St. Teresa School - glad to know that things are much better compared to the days when my boys attended this school. With the same principal (Mrs. Fernandez), the school was so mismanaged that I decided to move my boys out. I don't know what made her change but she sure was rude (very) & after school care was terrible. Anyway, good luck to all the students - I hope things continue to improve.

Posted February 10, 2010
hi. i am currently an 8th grader here at st. teresa of avila school. i have been attending sta since i was in kinder. i have enjoyed all my years. all the teachers are willing to take their own time to help student with anything. i am sad that i will be graduating this june. i have many great memories in many activities. i have been on the decathlon, softball, volleyball teams her at sta. our school is like a family. i might be leaving this year but i will always be back to visit as do many of the graduates. this school is great for any children. i will miss you all when i leave. class of 2010! :)

Posted October 09, 2009
There a lot of wonderful things about St. Teresa of Avila school. The school has had the same principal for more than 20 years and she cares very much about the students and parents. She was even a student there herself! The same teachers have been working there for long time, too. The class sizes are small and there is a great afterschool enrichment program which was organized by one of the parents. She is truly amazing. St. Teresa of Avila is truly the treasure of Silver Lake.

Posted October 03, 2009
St. Teresa of Avila School is truly a 'hidden treasure in Silver Lake'. Our school is dedicated to teaching the students to live in their world today while preparing them for the world of tomorrow. ALL OF THE TEACHERS ARE DEVOTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHOLE CHILD AND RESPECT THE DIVERSITY THAT EACH INDIVIDUAL BRINGS TO THE CLASSROOM. The parents make many sacrifices so that their children can be part of our Panther family and many are alumni themselves. Once a Panther always a Panther - Panther Pride is alive and well in this little corner of Silver Lake.

Posted June 03, 2009
hi, i attend at st teresa of avila and i am currently a 7th grader going on to 8th. this school has taught me well ever since kinder what i really think is funny is that another 7th grader wrote a review about this hahahaha. anyways i reccomend this to any kid i was in the acedemic decatholon and it was a fun learning experience. I know that any kid who comes here will gain excellent learning skills and will gain many friendships with anyone.

Posted April 23, 2009
My kids attend this school for several years now. I love this school since the teachers and staff are great and caring. This school build the intellect and character of children. By the beginning of 8th grade, the students at this school have a total grade equivalency of 9.2- one full year above their grade level.

Posted March 15, 2009
hi,im a student in t teressa of avila im a 7th grader,ive been there since kinder and so far it has been a really great school they provide everything child needs,sports,acadeic decahalon ,school choir ,and more. St teresa of avila is a good choice

St. Teresa Of Avila Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2007
i'm a class of 2004 graduate. i attended this school since k to 8th and it was a school that provided me with a small intimate commiunity that showed love and care like a family. it is the school that helped me become a successful scholar now going into college.

St. Teresa Of Avila Elementary School
2215 Fargo Street, Los Angeles, CA  90039
Last modified St. Teresa Of Avila Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Teresa Of Avila Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top