No rating

St. Charles Borromeo

Private | K-8 | 259 students

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $485,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,530.

Posted June 13, 2014

You know you've done something right when your kids "thank you" for sending them here. We came from another Catholic school, looking for a better education of our kids. We found it at St. Charles. The faculty is always willing to work with both the kids and the parents to insure the child is thriving. The morals and values taught in a religious based school are priceless and valuable these days when basic decency is lacking. We couldn't be happier we decided to come to St. Charles! Jen S.

Posted May 24, 2014

My eldest daughter went to St Charles for 9 years and I have two younger children still enrolled. I love that all the teachers know the kids and that the kids know each other very well. The school has a true sense of community, with a lot of parent involvement. The teachers are not only credentialed, but many of them have their Masters Degree as well. The kids graduate from St Charles and continue on to many local high schools, including Notre Dame, Providence, Immaculate Heart and Loyola. St Charles also has an awesome swim team that is available to kids from Kinder-8th grade.

Posted August 16, 2012

Our child completed kindergarten last year. It was our first experience with St. Charles and Catholic schools. We are extremely pleased with the decision to send our child to St. Charles. Teaching staff is observant, thoughtful, organzied, caring and disciplined--the curriculum is challenging, diverse and top-notch. We were impressed, from day one, at how well run the school is overall. There are small issues with every school (no school is perfect) and I could nit-pick, but won't. The overall result of this first year is a child with well above-average reading skills, spelling, writing and math skills. Religion, Comuters, Art, Spanish and music have been nicely introduced and PE is ok. The school is in a great location, has a nice sense of community, is safe, clean and the parents are very interested/encouraged to be involved. What more could you ask for? Way to go St. Charles! Keep up the good work.

Posted August 1, 2011

As an alumnus of St. Charles, I can honestly say that I really loved the school. It really prepared me for high school. I was ready when the HSPT rolled around and I qualified for honors classes at Notre Dame High School. The teachers were wonderful and very knowledgeable. I appreciated really getting to know all my classmates in the nine or so years (nineteen of my graduating class started knidergarten there) we were together. During the year we had many fun activities and the variety of sports was fantastic. It's a great place.

Posted June 27, 2011

My family has been a St. Charles Family for 6 almost 7 years and we couldn't be happier. My oldest child has had a wonderful time there and our youngest is just beginning the journey. The warmth, the understanding, the fantastic teachers, the sports (love the sports!), the awesome Catholic community - there's not enough room here for all the incredible experiences we've had and wouldn't trade for the world; good and bad. Yes, nothing is perfect, but with the understanding that you get out of it what you put into it, life is good. it's a FAMILY!! St. Charles Borromeo School in North Hollywood ROCKS!!!

Posted June 27, 2011

Our family has been very happy with St. Charles. So far the teacher's my kids have had have been wonderful. The faculty and staff are great and they really care about our kids. We have meet very nice families and I am very impressed with the parental participation. My husband and I feel like our children are getting a great education.

Posted June 3, 2011

They need to revamp the physical ed program...the classes do not seem to be structured and organized in the lower grades and the students are not encouraged or engaged.

Posted May 23, 2011

St. Charles is a great school, and has accademically prepared my child well for high school. St. Charles is well respected with the many top Catholic High Schools in the area, and my child was well prepared for the many entry exams and requirements that go with entering the high school of her choice. The teachers are exceptional, and emphatic, and are always willing to work with families to ensure the childs success.

Posted May 19, 2011

St. Charles has been home to my daughters for 9 years. We have watched it grow and change over the years. It is a wonderful school that not only prepares our children for High School, but teaches them how to be active participants in the community. If I had to do it all over again, I would most certainly choose St. Charles Borromeo!

Posted May 19, 2011

We have been fortunate enough to be part of the St. Charles family for nine years now. The faculty and staff truly care about the children and their education. The teachers challenge the students at just the right level so as to never discourage them. My daughter who is graduating this year is well prepared for high school, not only academically, but also emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. They have prepared the whole child not just certain aspects. Excellent curriculum, excellent faculty and staff with a nurturing environment. They give many opportunities for extra-curricular activities also, ranging from sports teams to chess and even Latin. I would recommend St. Charles to anyone who wants to give their child a solid education and develop them into well-rounded individuals.

Posted October 10, 2010

I love St. Charles because the school creates a safe, caring, environment where students have the opportunity to fulfill their academic potential. St. Charles affords the students the highest quality instruction. The principal, and the teachers are professionals, dedicated to the religious teachings of the catholic church,and advanced academics. The staff lead by example, are well versed in the subject area he/she teaches. The classrooms reflect the subject matter being taught, at the same time, create a pleasant evironment in which the children can learn.

Posted January 28, 2009

Go the school, meet the teachers and staff. You owe it to yourself and your child. My son is blossoming at this school and I couldn't be happier. The facility may not be as 'pretty' as other schools, but the environment is truly nurturing and loving and the education is first-rate.

Posted September 11, 2008

A coworker and parent of another very expensive private school recommended St Charels Borromeo. The teachers, after school program, principal, and the office team are excellent and work well together to guide your child. Children are well behaved and not rotten spoiled.

Posted February 26, 2008

As a parent of a lower grade student at St. Charles, I have been extremely happy so far with the curricular, the staff and the overall environment. The children are respectful of eachother and it is refreshing to see NICE manners in kids that range in age from K - 8. The faculty is young, energetic and obviously tuned into their students. As a parent, the opportunities to help at the school are great and I enjoy spending time outside of the pick-up & drop-off times to see how things run - and how the students interact with each other & the staff. I completely disagree with the last posting about the principal. I find her to be very receptive and open minded and feel she is quite capable of her position. I reccommend this school if you want your child to experience quality in a smaller atmosphere. Thank you!

Posted February 22, 2008

This school appears to be a nice school, but the principal is very cold and non-caring. There is preferential treatment given to certain families, especially the large familes and children that are the 'stars' of the school. Many of the teachers should definitely not be working with children. Sorry that my child went to this school for 3 years. This school ruined my child academically.

Posted February 13, 2008

My daughter is in the 3rd grade now and has attended this school since kindergarten. She has had excellent teachers each year. The school has done a number of improvements every year, including adding a grass play area and trees. My daughter enjoys the after school chess club and band. I love the fact that it is a small school where not only do all the teachers know my kids but the kids from grades K to 8 also know each other very well. It feels like a real community.

Posted January 31, 2008

St. Charles is a wonderful school. There are many opportunuties for students to particpate in extra-curricular activities such as sports, art, band, drama, and chess. We have been here a while and the principal is great! She's - quiet and low key and sincerely listens to what parents have to say. The teachers are terrific, some of the best! The other staff, are also wonderful. Everone cares for my children. The class sizes are kept low, most under 30 per class. It's truly a Catholic school who puts students first! It seems that this may not be the school for everyone, but that's ok since it's great for us! I recommend parents check out the school for themselves and not rely only on what the comments say!

Posted December 31, 2007

St. Charles Borromeo has been such a blessing to our family. Our son is now in the 1st grade and we have the most wonderful teacher. She is one of the most outstanding teachers we have ever met. She has discpline in the classroom and our son has the outmost respect for he and he loves learning from her. We are so happy that we moved our son to this school.

Posted December 20, 2007

This used to be a great school but now needs help. Principal lacks leadership, denies most problems and ignores parent's concerns. There are some great teachers, some should not be working with children. Overcrowded classrooms keep getting bigger. Certain families and children are given special privileges. PE is less than marginal. Check your other options before enrolling here.

Posted February 20, 2007

The physical education program is marginal. So all in all, you may to check out the other Catholic schools in the area.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Rev. Robert J. Gallagher
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10850 Moorpark Street