Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
As a family, we feel very blessed and grateful to have become a part of the Our Lady of Grace family. The school is helmed by Father Jay and the Principal Miss Joyce Cluess, both extrodinary in their roles. I enrolled my two boys here in 6 and 8th grade. They love it and are excelling in all aspects. The advanced technology level, academics, extra-curriculars, teachers, student body and families are just some of the reasons why this gem of a school is so stellar. I am very confident my boys are succeeding on all levels. Most importantly, they are doing so with love and kindness as guiding principals.

Posted September 05, 2014
Hi. This school was great for me until I started middle school. Even sixth grade was great. But once I got into 7th grade everything went downhill. I'll start with the new principal. Mrs. Cluess completely changed the environment, and not for the better. Quality teachers that I loved had left either on their own regard or were scared of being fired by Mrs. Cluess. So of course only a few good teachers were left. One MAJOR problem I had was the complete lack of male teachers. There are none and so a lot of the boys are outcast while the girls are played the favorites. The math department is weak. A lot of my classmates in high school for example had taken geometry already. I had barley learned algebra I. Just this year I learned that they finally had started teaching the STANDARDS. That's right, they were teaching us SUB-STANDARDS and never even told us! They also have a terrible grading system. They raised the percentage to get an A so they wouldn't have to raise the teaching standard and thus say they have a challenging curriculum. The only reason I stayed through middle school was all my friends were there. Otherwise, may I suggest St. Mel's just down Ventura.

Our Lady Of Grace 4

Posted October 17, 2013
This school used to be a great school and I give it four stars because of the great community feeling it used to have. However, ever since Joyce cluess became principal, that feeling has changed. I have been a part of the school for many years and you can tell the vibe has changed. The teachers used to be fun and carefree while doing their job with great enthusiasm and love for the students. Now, while they still have that love for their students, you can tell that she wears them down. She talks to them like a dictator unless she is in front of other parents. Many new parents think mrs.cluess is wonderful but that's because they have fallen for her fake facade. In my opinion, wait to come to this school until mrs. Cluess is gone.

Posted October 08, 2013
Hello, I'm a graduate from OLG, and I have some complaints about the school. Alright, the teachers were helpful but I learned almost nothing! The academics are anything but challenging and when I got to high school, I was completely lost! Almost all of the other students had learned way more than I had in their middle school. I was especially hindered in the math department. The sociality in my class in 8th grade was also very poor. I was more or less exiled from the class and many rumors were started about me. Honestly, I wish I had chosen a different middle school. Also, at one point in 7th grade, they forced us to write good reviews on websites such as this because they were getting low ratings. We, as students, were forced to write reviews because former graduates, such as me, rated them down because of the poor treatment, socially and educationally, we received at this school. Please please please don't send your child there! From what I learned during my time in high school, other middle schools like Saint Mels and Saint Nicholas had better education!

Posted February 15, 2013
There has never been a greater school. OLG is AMAZING!!! From day one when I walked into to look at the options for my two sons I was greeted with a warm feeling in which a child's education came first. As I met with the principal to grasp a better understanding of the school I realized all of the things my boys were missing out on at their other school. Not only is a hands on learning environment important but differentiated instruction, individualized instruction and common standards are key to a childs success. Just by taking a tour and learning about the school I could see that all this was being provided for all their students. I made the decision to send both my boys to OLG and it was the best decision ever. My younger son was struggling on learning how to read and in two weeks time he now has a love for reading, is pushing his sounds, looking at the pictures for clues and so much more. My older son is now being challeneged academically and is feeling a sense of accomplishment. All of the parents and staff at OLG are heart felt and put all their students first. This is a wonderful environment where a child can receive a successful education!

Posted October 02, 2012
When i was shopping for a school for my children i was so worried that i was going to make the wrong choice. Then i went to the open house at OLG, they didnt really try to sell the school to us, the principal said we are a Catholic School and we will expect you to be active Catholics, our children are well prepare for high school and we will treat your kids as they were our own. I took a gamble and picked the school, now looking back i realized that OLG is so much more, from the first day parents and staff made us feel special and welcomed .From the principal to the last last aide, they all strive to make OLG a very safe place for our children, the principal is highly involved in everything. I really wanted to volunteer and i fit right in, the other parents and staff welcomed me with open arms, i was even able to bring my lil one with me. However this school is not for everyone if you dont like to attend church, or if you are one of those parents that doesnt like to be bothered by their kids and expect the school to teach and raise your children. This school is not for you.

Posted August 28, 2012
This is a wonderful school where student outcome is based on teacher-parent collaboration. My child loves OLG due to the love and support given from the teachers and other school personnel. The school offers a very safe and clean environment to the students. They strive to make the school better. I am very impressed with the school - home communication. There are also many opportunities to become actively involved parents. My husband and I are very pleased with the academic program as well as the new technological advancements being put in place this upcoming school year by the new principal. Another highlight is the religious curriculum. Our Catholic faith is ever-growing in the eyes of my child. The priests welcome the children just about every morning and help make mass interesting for the students. Students participate in mass and enjoy going. I highly recommend Our Lady of Grace.

Posted August 01, 2012
I respectfully disagree with the last few reviews. As a teacher at OLG, I possess a California Clear Teaching Credential and a Master of Education degree. Most of my colleagues are qualified teachers, the very few who are not are in credentialing programs. We care about our students, whether they are on student council or not. We meet with each other and with parents to discuss our concerns about our students and how to best meet the needs of those students because our students success is our primary goal. We could not do this without the backing and support of our pastor and principals. If my children were of school age, I would not hesitate to send them to Our Lady of Grace.

Posted July 31, 2012
I agree with the last review. This school is not very good. The lack of qualified teachers is scarce. The have poor leadership coming from the parish. Don't waste your money on this school

Posted June 18, 2012
This is not a very good school, but there is a good religion program. There is extreme favoritism and if you are not on the decathlon team or student council you will be constantly reminded of it and will lose out on many special privelidges. It is a satisfactory elementary school, but the academics are not good enough to justify staying for middle school. Also, does anyone else find it strange that there are seven five star reviews posted on June 14th?

Our Lady Of Grace