K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I attended Holy Name of Jesus before graduating and attending Loyola High School in Los Angeles. I felt prepared for the transition from elementary school to high school and was able to keep my grades up while playing sports and participating in many extra curricular activities. The school has done nothing but improve since I graduated by adding computers in each classroom that students use for Math and English computer programs. I recommend this school if you're looking for a place for your child to learn academically, grow to be a well rounded individual and be nurtured by administrators, teachers and staff that care.

Children learn about religion and it's a small school. Teachers care about their students. Students at Holy Name have great potential.

Well last year we enrolled our kids into another school and the principal acted saddened that we were making that move and then asked us to keep them there and fought to keep them there! So we went with it and found out all the program wanted to do with us was over charge us and take it out on a innocent child by making him don't walk the stage. My thing is how do you called that justify too kids!

My son currently attends the Pre-K program at Holy Name of Jesus School. I am happy with my sons teacher and impressed with how effortlessly he seems to be learning the material. I am unhappy with the amount of mandatory fundraisers we are forced to participate in. I would rather up my monthly tuition $50 than participate. You are required to sell a mandatory amount of something usually adding up to $100 which means you annoy your coworkers and family or just give the school your money. I would love to send my son here but these things are sucking my wallet dry and I feel cheated. Keep that in mind when you budget.

My child is currently attending, the school standards are high which is great for a Catholic school. My only complaint is that most of the staff and children are African American and it feels as if they get preferential treatment. There is definitely a great pride in race, but it makes it borderline racist. For example, African American month is really a big event for the school and its celebrated the whole month the church is decorated to fit, however nothing else is really celebrated. Do they do this for 4th of July? No. Do they do this for Hispanic Heritage? No. Academically, its great! if you are African American or from Belize you will feel like you are at home.

My first child attend Holy Name of Jesus from Kinder thru 8th Grade and is now a Sr. at St. Bernards High. My second child also started from Kinder and is now in the 5th Grade. Overall I am extremely happy with the school. There academics are great, Teachers really care about the children, and safety is great. This is a school where you will feel very comfortable with your child attending and no issues with other kids, it is definitely a family environment. The principal is also great. This is a school that should definitely be considered if you are looking for a great school that is reasonably priced.

Since moving from Belize almost three years ago, both our children have attended Holy Name of Jesus School. There is a disturbing trend of lessening enrollment at Catholic schools such as HNOJ as parents' priorities change and as the deepening recession take its toll on family finances. Regardless of the sacrifices it takes though, we are determined to keep them there. The teachers go over and beyond to ensure that the students learn and the Principal remains visionary in her outlook and ensures that every child receives all the attention they need and deserve.

My children attend holy name this is our families first year there. Holy name is a good school with good teachers who care about the children. Great communication between my children's teachers and our home. There is room for improvement... more outdoor time for the children. I personally like a little more progressive approach to teaching, but having caring teachers who share your values is really important to me as well.

Holy Name is a very good school. Yes things can be improved but overall it is a great place for your child/children to get there education. Holy name gives your child an opportunity to gain social kills and listening skills. Its a well disciplined school. Overall i believe that you should consider holy name as a school for your child.

Last modified Holy Name Of Jesus Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8