Posted December 18, 2013
Mary Star was an excellent choice for my son , who graduated in 2013 . After spending grades 1 through 8 in the Palos Verdes school system , I was reluctant to put him in a catholic /private school. It was HIS idea btw as he wanted to go to a smaller school , bottom line , best thing we ever did for his education . With the benefit of hindsight , I can compare the quality of the education he received in supposedly " one of the best school districts in the country " and MSHS , and Mary Star was by far the better institution . Ms. Dever , keep up the good work !

Posted August 28, 2013
As a parent who has had my children in catholic schools since Kindergarten, Mary Star is the absolute best. The administration and teachers give 100% to the students everyday. The students are friendly and respectful. I would highly recommend Mary Star to all parents and students. Mary Star is truly a great school with so much to offer.

Mary Star Of The Sea High School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone. The teacher are not qualified and one math teacher needs tutoring from another math teacher in order to teach her lessons. The school has a major problem with bulling that is increasing and the school seems to look the other way. several students have left Mary Star this year because of being bullied. The school's graduates rarely make it to major universities and most attend community colleges. The school is NOT worth the $900 dollars a month tuition. My family has seen the administration out eating lunch at fancy restaurants during school hours. Overall, this school has poor structure and I would never recommend Mary Star of the Sea High School to anyone

Mary Star Of The Sea High School 3

Posted March 12, 2012
It's probably a fine school if your kid is an excellent student, mine struggles academically at times and found no success there. Some teachers were at times very hard to correspond with. Mostly caring staff with a focus on excellence, maybe some to a fault? Sadly, no value for our family, disappointed.

Posted October 14, 2011
I love this school. I have 5 children and so far 3 have attended school here. The teachers are wonderful and maintain excellent control of the classrooms with the support of the administration staff and the principal. The students are taught so much more than academics at this high school where they are allowed to explore their faith and worship together. Students are held accountable for their actions, an invaluable lesson many public schools are simply too overwhelmed to teach. There is a wide range of AP courses, sports, and clubs offered. The sports program includes soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, swim team, golf, bowling, cross county, track, baseball and softball. The two high ranking public schools in the area do not offer many sports opportunities. I absolutely recommend this school. I plan on sending all five of my children there. I can t say enough about the principal who knows every student by name and has high expectations for all of them.

Posted April 06, 2011
Our son is half way through his Freshman year and the entire family is more than satisifed with this school. To say it, we are just thrilled. It is definitely worth the financial sacrifice. We find that, even in high school, families join together as we did in elementary. Long-term friendships will forever be formed. The administration and teachers have shown of and beyond what they can do for our children and continue to make that commitment. It is a wonderful gift to give to your children to give them the opportunity for a catholic education and to be able to attend MSHS! Go Stars!

Mary Star Of The Sea High School 2

Posted February 27, 2011
I, as a freshman, am extremely sorry to say how disappointing mary star is. The campus is beautiful but deceiving onve you realize that the campus is the only beautiful thing about the school. Majority of the teachers (most but not all) are actually exceptionally talented educators but the vast majority of the students lack the maturity of average high school students. THe students are more uninterested in school, immature, and lazy than the average high school student which make it hard for the students who actually care about their studies to get the most out of their education. All in all, mary star is a disappointment by all means.

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted July 08, 2009
The principal is the greatest educator I've encountered. Great staff, great students.

Mary Star Of The Sea High School
2500 North Taper Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90731
Last modified Mary Star Of The Sea High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mary Star Of The Sea High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top