Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 11, 2014
Excellent School. My son went and he was inspired by his teachers, and made many friends. Teachers are wonderful, and the school offers many classes and activities to choose from, from theater to water polo.

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This is a horrible school. The staff and teachers are very unfriendly. I am very unhappy with how this school is run. They are racist and rude. I regret send my child here.

Posted August 26, 2014
My son graduated from this school. In response to some of the negative comments below - He was a baseball player and most of his friends were athletes. Many of them were also honors students and took a variety of AP classes. When my son misbehaved, he was given detention. When they thought it was egregious enough I was called in to discuss it. Luckily he didn't do anything so bad, but we know of many kids that were expelled for fighting, stealing, etc.- even athletes. They were actually a bit overly PC. As for the student who said parents mostly volunteer with money, they must not have had active parents because we volunteered many hours each year for sports, for science fairs, for Kairos and other events. We were at every back to school night, parent teacher meetings and mothers guild. Finally, we are not catholic, but it IS a catholic school. We didn't find the religion suffocating but they do mass, they pray a lot, they have religious education. No bid deal. Also, its a college prep school, it is not intended to be suitable for all students outside the box of those preparing for college. Overall we had a fantastic experience are thankful for all ND did for our son.

Posted May 03, 2014
We have two young men currently enrolled at Notre Dame, and our experience has been nothing short of fantastic. From the administration to the teachers to the facilities, this school has been great. If possible, we would rate Notre Dame higher than the 5 stars allowed. While no one school is right for everyone, for our boys this one is a great fit.

Posted March 06, 2013
This is a gret school! Whatever parents or students have given this school a negative review are delusional about what high school life is! It's tough being a teen but ND makes it tolerable for any kid. If you had a bad experience here you were probably a bad student or your if you are a parent your child's teacher probably was doing their job which you resented due to your own poor parenting. This school is so much "bang for your buck!" Don't like the tuition? Must have "deep pockets/ one review stated...what a joke! Go look at Buckley or Harvard Westlake (alumni from HW there and ND is not far behind now academically!) . If you want to waste 25 K plus go for the alternative with a dose of snobbery to go. ND rocks! Get real negative reviewers! No school is perfect but my kids teachers care. They do throw out athletes too for discipline issues. That is a totally false idea whoever posted that one!

Posted October 11, 2012
I had doubts about Notre Dame when my son told us it was his first choice in a high school. We wanted him to go to Loyola. Well I was wrong. When my son started Notre Dame he was a bit of a wallflower. Now he has a million friends. What I find amazing is the diversity of his friends. They vary in culture, religion and age. There is no hierarchy at Notre Dame. His friends are freshman thru seniors, plus some are in band, theater, the varsity football captain, a member of student government. He was bullied in his last school, but here it's nowhere to be found. Mrs. Connelly has made a school into a community where everyone is equal. He loves his teachers and really excelling. His choices of colleges is amazing and I know he'll be able to get into all of them. Notre Dame is an outstanding school with much to offer in a caring environment.

Posted August 07, 2012
While no school is perfect, I find that Notre Dame is close. The administration and teachers are competent and approachable. When my daughter was falling behind in math, her teacher called immediately to bring it to our attention allowing us to step in and help her get back up to speed while she still had time. There are clicks, but aren't they everywhere? The students are good kids; the administrators insist upon a nurturing and safe environment for their students. My daughter went in without a single friend. By the end of the year, she had a dozen. I recommend the school if you want your child to have an X-period every other day - all the teachers stay in their classrooms for an open period so your child can get extra instruction from the teacher of their choice and especially if your child has an interest in theater and sports.

Notre Dame High School 3

Posted November 07, 2011
Kind of a mixed bag. Amazing theatre, art and honors/AP english. Mostly strong programs. Some absolutely amazing teachers, but some totally clueless ones. Expect to pay more than tuition with all the fees and books, plus they constantly hit you up for donations. Lots of cliques, kind of a jock school. Money is important to the student body and also keeps certain kids out of trouble. If you aren't rich or a sports star, it could be hard. Too many outdated rules and too much religion for my taste. I know it is a religious school, but there was too much emphasis on it over over other things. I had trouble with anti-semitism and the deans did nothing, yet I ended up with plenty of detention for uniform violations. Parents are involved in mostly a monetary way, not much volunteering. College counselors are a joke. Told me I could not get into any school I wanted and should apply to CSUN. Happy to say, I didn't listen. This school was helpful in preparing for college. Teachers have office hours and most are helpful. It could work for you depending on what kind of person you are.

Posted September 18, 2011
I attended Notre Dame a few years ago, and had a great 4 years. I would not have attended any other high school. From academics to athletics, Notre Dame ranks among the best. Excellent teachers and administrators really make the school special. I was very prepared for college upon graduation, especially with all the honors and AP classes I took. I've been back a few times, and most of my teachers are still there and still remember me.

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted September 10, 2011
I attended this school from my freshmen year all the way through senior year. At first I thought it was a good school at first, but as I grew older I noticed it was very fake.It is all about the image.Nobody cares about the students who are under average.I was above average but still noticed how Notre Dame was all a big show.I do not regret going to Notre Dame; nevertheless, I was highly disappointed with the poor heart of the school. The students there are also your typical highschoolers with clicks based on race and money.Oh yes, I also noticed the school never punishes students who give money to the school, even if they have committed or violated school rules.Students are told you can be anything, but they are never told what to do if they get stuck or behind. Some of the teachers really have no idea what they are doing and should not even be teaching. I did have a handful of good teachers, one who did inspire me. I really do not recomment Notre Dame High school if you want a school that is fair and honest. Everytime someone asks me what school did you go to? I say "Notre Dame". They say " Wow that's a great school!" Well because they promote themselves top of the line.It's not.

Notre Dame High School
13645 Riverside Drive, Los Angeles, CA  91423
Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top