Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,239

Notre Dame High School 3

Posted June 25, 2015
Was a great school, especially on the athletic side. Felt that there may have not been enough empasis on academics, as athletics always took center stage. Did not like the crossover of so many teachers to coaches.

Notre Dame High School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 12, 2015
Our questions are always answered honestly and as promptly as possible. If and when a problem does arise between students or between students and teachers, it is resolved in a fair and sincere manner. We cannot tell you how much the school family means to us. Notre Dame is a great academic, religious, and sports school and we are priviledged to be a part of it.

Posted June 12, 2015
My daughter's first year at Notre Dame was AMAZING! We/she can't imagine being anywhere else. The teachers are EXCELLENT and extremely supportive. What an AWESOME school. Thank you, Notre Dame!

Posted November 11, 2014
Excellent School. My son went and he was inspired by his teachers, and made many friends. Teachers are wonderful, and the school offers many classes and activities to choose from, from theater to water polo.

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This is a horrible school. The staff and teachers are very unfriendly. I am very unhappy with how this school is run. They are racist and rude. I regret send my child here.

Posted August 26, 2014
My son graduated from this school. In response to some of the negative comments below - He was a baseball player and most of his friends were athletes. Many of them were also honors students and took a variety of AP classes. When my son misbehaved, he was given detention. When they thought it was egregious enough I was called in to discuss it. Luckily he didn't do anything so bad, but we know of many kids that were expelled for fighting, stealing, etc.- even athletes. They were actually a bit overly PC. As for the student who said parents mostly volunteer with money, they must not have had active parents because we volunteered many hours each year for sports, for science fairs, for Kairos and other events. We were at every back to school night, parent teacher meetings and mothers guild. Finally, we are not catholic, but it IS a catholic school. We didn't find the religion suffocating but they do mass, they pray a lot, they have religious education. No bid deal. Also, its a college prep school, it is not intended to be suitable for all students outside the box of those preparing for college. Overall we had a fantastic experience are thankful for all ND did for our son.
7 people found this helpful

Posted May 03, 2014
We have two young men currently enrolled at Notre Dame, and our experience has been nothing short of fantastic. From the administration to the teachers to the facilities, this school has been great. If possible, we would rate Notre Dame higher than the 5 stars allowed. While no one school is right for everyone, for our boys this one is a great fit.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2013
This is a gret school! Whatever parents or students have given this school a negative review are delusional about what high school life is! It's tough being a teen but ND makes it tolerable for any kid. If you had a bad experience here you were probably a bad student or your if you are a parent your child's teacher probably was doing their job which you resented due to your own poor parenting. This school is so much "bang for your buck!" Don't like the tuition? Must have "deep pockets/ one review stated...what a joke! Go look at Buckley or Harvard Westlake (alumni from HW there and ND is not far behind now academically!) . If you want to waste 25 K plus go for the alternative with a dose of snobbery to go. ND rocks! Get real negative reviewers! No school is perfect but my kids teachers care. They do throw out athletes too for discipline issues. That is a totally false idea whoever posted that one!

Posted October 11, 2012
I had doubts about Notre Dame when my son told us it was his first choice in a high school. We wanted him to go to Loyola. Well I was wrong. When my son started Notre Dame he was a bit of a wallflower. Now he has a million friends. What I find amazing is the diversity of his friends. They vary in culture, religion and age. There is no hierarchy at Notre Dame. His friends are freshman thru seniors, plus some are in band, theater, the varsity football captain, a member of student government. He was bullied in his last school, but here it's nowhere to be found. Mrs. Connelly has made a school into a community where everyone is equal. He loves his teachers and really excelling. His choices of colleges is amazing and I know he'll be able to get into all of them. Notre Dame is an outstanding school with much to offer in a caring environment.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 07, 2012
While no school is perfect, I find that Notre Dame is close. The administration and teachers are competent and approachable. When my daughter was falling behind in math, her teacher called immediately to bring it to our attention allowing us to step in and help her get back up to speed while she still had time. There are clicks, but aren't they everywhere? The students are good kids; the administrators insist upon a nurturing and safe environment for their students. My daughter went in without a single friend. By the end of the year, she had a dozen. I recommend the school if you want your child to have an X-period every other day - all the teachers stay in their classrooms for an open period so your child can get extra instruction from the teacher of their choice and especially if your child has an interest in theater and sports.
2 people found this helpful

Notre Dame High School
13645 Riverside Drive, Los Angeles, CA  91423
Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top