9-12|Private
1,291 students

Bad
Good

My son graduated from Loyola a couple of years ago and it probably was the best experience for him and our family. He got a good foundation and great network of friends for life. This school produces fine men. This school however will not give a damn if your next son doesn't meet their Entrance score requirements, etc. It will be almost like you were a parent who did not participate in their activities and fundraising events. All of a sudden they don't know you! My other son "did not meet the requirements" and that is just it. My calls and letters were unanswered. It hurts me only because I love the school and want both my sons to have the same Jesuit education. They don't care for that. If you don't make the grade, who cares if you are already in the family! Not very Christian to me but who cares - it is Loyola High School and they have all the applicants to choose from so who are we? From a sad parent.

No one place is the best fit for everyone; however, Loyola High School gives young men the BEST chance to belong to something greater than themselves, to be part of a community that they will treasure for the rest of their lives. Attending Loyola, if you are blessed with the opportunity to do so, is a "life decision" of gargantuan significance. At 13 years of age, it is hard to comprehend what that really means. At 51, nearly 33 years after my last few days as a student on the Loyola campus, I have learned that making a "life decision" to attend Loyola means that you are at the best place to develop intellectually, socially, academically, athletically, and spiritually. Attending Loyola has meant always having brothers, brothers that are united in the service of others and each other. For the rest of your life, you will have your Loyola brothers. Loyola guys, whether they are 15, 35, or 65, always acknowledge one another, show concern for one another, and offer assistance, if needed. There is a life-long kinship that you will experience in the workplace, social circles, or just at the supermarket. At 13 years of age, you may not know how great you have it, but you will.

The school is good but that is where it stops. It seemed as though the school thought so highly of themselves when other school not in east LA are just as good. Don't make the same mistake I did and don't drink the cool aid

Be very careful if your daughter wants to attend a Loyola dance. There is a lot of unwanted touching and grinding. Perhaps the absence of girls on campus has the boys believing that all girls want to be groped by strangers all the time?

Loyola has taught me one valuable lesson in life -- the strong survives, the weak dies off. I went into Loyola believing I could myself and others to become better persons. I came out of Loyola knowing that this world is everybody for himself.

I owe this school a lot. I attended Loyola years ago. After Loyola, I went to a top college, and eventually received a Ph.D. from a top program in engineering and went on to become a professor at one of the top 3 universities in my field. Oh, I was a b- student at Loyola. While I was not the best student in the school... perhaps because of a 'troubled family life' .. I loved the school and I took away many lessons that have served me well in life. I still remember the names of many of my teachers at Loyola, although the names of my college professors have faded from my mind long ago. After many years, I still relate stories of the integrity of the Jesuit faculty (as well as lay teachers). While I am no longer a Catholic, they still have my greatest admiration. Thanks Loyola

My brother is graduating this year from Loyola high school. I can tell you that he loves the school. Loyola is well known for not only sports, but their academics. He said that the academics are rigorous, but it's all worth it. Go cubs! Their dances are amazing.

My son turned down a scholarship at another all boys Catholic school to attend Loyola. Little did we know then what a great decision we had made! Loyola not only far exceeded my expectations, but prepared him incredibly well for college. Within the first week of attending Loyola, my son was coming home and whistling and singing!! He was so happy there-it was a Godsend! Not only am I happy about the education he received at Loyola, but I am ecstatic about the friends he has made there, who will no doubt be lifelong "brothers." Loyola teaches the students to be "men for others" so that education is not solely their focus, and this makes such a difference. My son was accepted at 8 excellent universities, and (again) turned down a full merit based scholarship to Fordham University and chose to attend Georgetown University. He is just as happy there as he was at Loyola...his father and I couldn't be happier either!

Both of my sons attended Loyola. I had been skeptical when my wife first suggested Loyola, because of the commuting challenges of getting to and from downtown Los Angeles. But once you meet the boys on that campus and begin to observe the school's dedication to their motto, A man for others, you see that it is a special place. Any boy and family who attends will be enriched and become part of a very proud and distinctive community. They have very high standards for academics but even more so, for the young men themselves. There are numerous ways to be involved and active. Loyola graduate achievements are truly impressive. As a parent, you could not make a better decision.

I am extremely impressed with Loyola High School. The faculty and administration understand young people and respond to them with respect, motivation, and determination. They care about what these young men become in life. It is a remarkable place where learning and maturing walk hand in hand.

Last modified Loyola High School Of Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 9-12