Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,291

Posted May 12, 2014
The school is good but that is where it stops. It seemed as though the school thought so highly of themselves when other school not in east LA are just as good. Don't make the same mistake I did and don't drink the cool aid

Posted September 30, 2013
Be very careful if your daughter wants to attend a Loyola dance. There is a lot of unwanted touching and grinding. Perhaps the absence of girls on campus has the boys believing that all girls want to be groped by strangers all the time?

Posted April 23, 2013
Loyola has taught me one valuable lesson in life -- the strong survives, the weak dies off. I went into Loyola believing I could myself and others to become better persons. I came out of Loyola knowing that this world is everybody for himself.

Posted December 18, 2011
I owe this school a lot. I attended Loyola years ago. After Loyola, I went to a top college, and eventually received a Ph.D. from a top program in engineering and went on to become a professor at one of the top 3 universities in my field. Oh, I was a b- student at Loyola. While I was not the best student in the school... perhaps because of a 'troubled family life' .. I loved the school and I took away many lessons that have served me well in life. I still remember the names of many of my teachers at Loyola, although the names of my college professors have faded from my mind long ago. After many years, I still relate stories of the integrity of the Jesuit faculty (as well as lay teachers). While I am no longer a Catholic, they still have my greatest admiration. Thanks Loyola

Posted November 23, 2011
My brother is graduating this year from Loyola high school. I can tell you that he loves the school. Loyola is well known for not only sports, but their academics. He said that the academics are rigorous, but it's all worth it. Go cubs! Their dances are amazing.

Posted October 19, 2011
My son turned down a scholarship at another all boys Catholic school to attend Loyola. Little did we know then what a great decision we had made! Loyola not only far exceeded my expectations, but prepared him incredibly well for college. Within the first week of attending Loyola, my son was coming home and whistling and singing!! He was so happy there-it was a Godsend! Not only am I happy about the education he received at Loyola, but I am ecstatic about the friends he has made there, who will no doubt be lifelong "brothers." Loyola teaches the students to be "men for others" so that education is not solely their focus, and this makes such a difference. My son was accepted at 8 excellent universities, and (again) turned down a full merit based scholarship to Fordham University and chose to attend Georgetown University. He is just as happy there as he was at Loyola...his father and I couldn't be happier either!

Posted September 01, 2011
Both of my sons attended Loyola. I had been skeptical when my wife first suggested Loyola, because of the commuting challenges of getting to and from downtown Los Angeles. But once you meet the boys on that campus and begin to observe the school's dedication to their motto, A man for others, you see that it is a special place. Any boy and family who attends will be enriched and become part of a very proud and distinctive community. They have very high standards for academics but even more so, for the young men themselves. There are numerous ways to be involved and active. Loyola graduate achievements are truly impressive. As a parent, you could not make a better decision.

Posted March 19, 2010
I am extremely impressed with Loyola High School. The faculty and administration understand young people and respond to them with respect, motivation, and determination. They care about what these young men become in life. It is a remarkable place where learning and maturing walk hand in hand.

Loyola High School Of Los Angeles 4

Posted October 02, 2009
My son attended here and I had mixed feelings about the school. Some teachers were quite good while others seemed to be marking time. I did not find an attitude of learning for its own sake. It was more like 'let's get this overwith so we can play football'. Sports program is excellent although most will not make the cut. Wealthy kids and athletes have most arrogant attitude here but school does a great job with kids from poorer neighborhoods. Administration is very good and school promotes excellent overall life values.

Posted August 10, 2009
My son currently attends Loyola and will be graduating this June. I think that Loyola has not only greatly exceeded my expectations on academics, faculty, staff and facilities on every level and every turn, but I am also so impressed with the students and their respect and manners that they not only have for their teachers and faculty but each other makes me so proud to be a Loyola parent. Not enough stars on here to show my gratitude and appreciation for the Loyola 'family'.

Loyola High School Of Los Angeles
1901 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90006
Last modified Loyola High School Of Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Loyola High School Of Los Angeles Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top