Los Angeles, CA
After care: No

Posted January 05, 2015
Marymount is everything we hoped it would be. Rigorous academics but not at the expense of a student s happiness & sanity. MM encourages students to explore new interests, to find what really motivates & inspires them academically & personally, and to challenge themselves. These girls are happy, friendly, supportive & INTERESTING. No cookie cutter mold here. Yes, you can be a star athlete (MM is top rated in most sports), but you can also be into orchestra, debate, community service, etc & feel accepted. Re: clubs, they offer everything from robotics to MUN, sign language to Disney. This unbiased exposure to such diverse experiences makes the student body less about shutting out people who have different interests than appreciating the differences in each other. The teachers are patient, accessible & fair. What s great about a singlesex school that starts in 9th is that every teacher is focused on how best to teach a female of that age; it s a tailor-made education. College counseling is beyond phenomenal. Solid, unblemished, accurate advice in a proactive, kind way. All these things create an ideal environment to mold these very lucky girls into confident & impressive young women.

Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter just finished her freshman year at Marymount, and I still can't believe how lucky we are that she gets to attend this amazing school! From the personal attention that each girl receives, to the serenity on campus which provides an ideal learning environment, this is a top notch high school. The classes are rigorous but well-taught, the athletic program is well-developed and competitive, and the arts are valued as well. I expected the parents and girls to be somewhat entitled because of the income bracket the school attracts, but everyone is incredibly kind and accepting. The teachers and the administrators really know teenage girls and their issues. The school has wonderful traditions and so many opportunities for leadership and growth. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thrilled that I was able to give my daughter the opportunity to go to Marymount!

Marymount High School Los Angeles 4

Posted September 29, 2012
My point of view is largely academic. I lucked into a very elite education. Yes, It's a pretty campus, with a generally kind-hearted staff, nice parents, a variety of extracurriculars, etc. Regarding academics, a very good high-school education is possible--small classes, lunchtime personal assistance. As everywhere, teaching quality varies, average to good. A self-motivated girl will go on to a very good college--here or elsewhere. This school is NOT going to carefully assess your daughter's potential, and then proactively elicit it from her. Non-problem students are not pushed. If you want her full potential realized, you as the parent will have to expect that from her. Or, send her to a rigorous boarding school. If I were the czar of my daughter's education, I would send her to a Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, or Palisades High School, make sure she took all honors classes, and hire demanding tutors 15 hours a week. For 2/3 the cost of Marymount, I'm quite sure that I could deliver her double the education. Or, I would choose the rigorous boarding school. Alas, I don't get to be czar. She's pretty happy here, she has friends. Overly entitled? Oh, yes.

Posted February 04, 2012
This is a terrific school for daughters. The academics are tops, the nurturing honest, and the traditions are so much fun. Our daughter is growing with confidence and smarts every day. I'd like to thank the young woman who wrote the May 5 2008 review, it helped cement my decision to send my daughter to this school, and I'm hoping she'll contact me by answering this review. I'd like to interview her about her experiences for a project I'm working on. Thank you

Posted November 03, 2010
Best school in the Los Angeles area. Strong academics, amazing faculty, and an INSANELY GREAT athletic program. There are no cliques, everyone gets along with each other, and there's no girl drama. Marymount challenges each student to the highest level and they end up in the best colleges. I absolutely love this school.

Marymount High School Los Angeles 2

Posted October 01, 2010
Overall the school is wonderful, but if you saw the movie Mean Girls - I think they all came from Marymount. For a religious school it is amazing how MEAN the students are to each other. The girls are fake, self absorbed MEAN GIRLS - if you have a daughter who is not a MEAN GIRL this is not the school for your daughter.

Posted January 21, 2010
We couldn't be happier with Marymount. It's an excellent school, in an extraordinarily lovely setting (perched on a hill with views of the Bel Air Country Club, where the sports teams even have the privilege of practicing), surrounded with trees and gardens. The teachers are truly supportive, going the extra mile anytime to help your child catch up and succeed. The student body is also (from what we can tell) far less interested in troublemaking and general teenage antics than at other private schools we've attended. I think you really get what you pay for here, and our daughter is very lucky to be a student at Marymount.

Marymount High School Los Angeles

Posted September 16, 2009
Marymount High School is a wonderful place! Historic buildings, and a terrific faculty who work hard to make sure that all the students have a great start in life. There is an emphasis on service to others and the girls are just great!

Posted March 14, 2009
I love this school. Every time I walk on the campus I think how fabulous it is that my daughter is getting such an amazing education in such a serene setting.

Posted October 03, 2008
I am a former student of Marymount. This is truly a wonderful school and I recommend sending your daughter to this school. The academics were demanding yet allowed freedom to venture into athletics and clubs. In fact, I believe most girls were always involved in some sort of after school club or sport. Great sports. The campus is beautiful. The girls are kind and sweet. Because there are no boys on campus, the girls come together as a whole and avoid cliques. The only thing I was ever self conscious about was money. Because I was not given a car for my 16th birthday, I did feel 'poor' compared to all of the other girls who rolled up in the brand new BMW's. Yet at the same time, no one ever made me feel bad about not having a car. I was overly prepared for college. Now I am a teacher.

Marymount High School Los Angeles
10643 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90077
Last modified Marymount High School Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Marymount High School Los Angeles Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top