Los Angeles, CA

St. Mary Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2015
BEWARE OF THIS SCHOOL. We enrolled our son in Transitional Kinder and paid the standard (not a lower amount than the other parents) tuition in full before the school year started. Once the school year began we became aware of some factors that were not presented to us at the time of enrollment. 1) The TK class only had a licensed teacher until 11:30 am (about 2 hours of curriculum); 2) An unlicensed teacher was there the rest of the afternoon; 3) the students were not allowed to to frequently go to the restroom since there was only teacher and had many accidents; and 5) the students were supposed to only nap for 1 hour but were left to sleep for 2 or more hours. When these concerns were brought to the principal's, Sister Ana, attention she opted to only keep the 4 students, out of 13, who were the age of 4 before September 1st, and kicked out the rest of the students. Needless to say my son had to be enrolled in a new school after 2 months. It was devastating for him as he had a hard time transitioning to a new school with a new teacher and new students. I am still trying to resolve this issue with the Archdiocese after 7 months as I feel that I should be reimbursed for the additional cost of uniforms and classroom supplies that I needed to repurchase as a result of St. Mary's ending their contract with my family. Never mind all the items that we donated to the school. This school is only interested in money and taking advantage of the parents/families that do whatever they can to make the students' education better. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE.

Posted June 21, 2014
Our third year with the school and my daughter is thriving as ever. Very pleased on how they stressed on behavior formation esp while students are still young. Academic is very good as well... Challenging students to always excel and do their best.

St. Mary Catholic Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2014
St. Mary school LA is a Salesian school. Its principal and assistant principal are very kind and approachable. The parish hall serves as a cafeteria and auditorium. The school offers breakfast for $1.50 and hot lunch for $3. It also has an after school care for $6 a day except Wed which is $10. First communion is in 3rd grade. Tuition fees are lower compared to other Catholic schools. It has 2 sets of uniforms and sometimes students can wear a free dress when announced. Family Sunday mass is held once a month in St. Mary Church. Academic lessons are not that advance but students are enriched with good moral values. For most working parents like me, the school is very convenient.

Posted January 21, 2012
Are you looking for an excellent school for your child or children? Enroll them at St. Mary's School at 416 S. St. Louis Street in Los Angeles. It has loving and dedicated principal. The teachers and staff are very open and approachable. The parents are supportive and of course, the students try to study hard. It has excellent curriculum. Technology is super and modernized. Come and see. You will love this school to no end. Try it quick otherwise you might be in waiting list. Good luck!

Posted October 02, 2011
This school has a very supportive principal, Sister Anna Bui. The families are very lucky here because the teachers are hardworking and the community is very prayerful. More power to all the Salesians.

Posted July 26, 2009
I am very pleased with the spirital and academic education my child is receiving at St. Mary's. The principal and vice-principal (Sr. Ana and Mrs. Retana) are very hardworking and always have the students best interests in mind. The teachers are well prepared and truly care for the children.

Posted June 24, 2009
Saint Mary School is a Salesian institution with teachers who are trained to provide exceeding academic and moral values.

Posted March 03, 2009
I went from St. Mary's from K -8, it was a very good school. It helped me prepare and gain entry to a very prestigious local high school. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

St. Mary Catholic Elementary School

Posted January 26, 2009
The school is very diverse in it's social teachings, innovative, and all subjects are covered. I loved that all the teachers are so dedicated and the children love to learn and serve. Best investment I ever made in my son's education

Posted August 11, 2008
I am a former student. Even though i just went there for one year which was eigth grade. It was a very welcoming environment. I loved it there and really like going back and helping.

St. Mary Catholic Elementary School
416 South Saint Louis Street, Los Angeles, CA  90033
Last modified St. Mary Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mary Catholic Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top