Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 24, 2014
We have been at Berkeley Hall School for 6 happy years and more to come. This unique school has found the perfect balance in preparing "fearless scholars and conscientious citizens".

Posted April 24, 2014
Our son has thrived since coming to BHS! He was miserable at our local public school and the positive change in his attitude and academic performance since enrolling here is amazing! The teachers and staff really care and are so nurturing. We couldn't have asked for more- well maybe one thing- that BHS continued on through high school!

Posted April 18, 2014
Our two children have attended Berkeley Hall since their nursery program. (BHS is nursery - 8th grade.) We have loved the families we have met there. Berkeley Hall emphasizes academics, but equally emphasizes character education, which is very important to us. For the most part, students are kind, and there is interaction among the grades, which is sweet. The campus is beautiful - 66 acres of beautiful greenery and nature. The sports program is excellent, with a huge percentage of children playing after-school sports. The student body is quite diverse, with parents with many different backgrounds. The head of school is doing excellent work in academic strides for the school. The art program is now excellent. The only weak point is the music program, which isn't horrible but could be better. Nonetheless, the students get wonderful experience in all grades in performing and public speaking. The school is rather "low key," (in the best way,) and families are there for the well-rounded education. Overall it has been a wonderful school community for our children, and us as parents.

Posted April 17, 2014
My children joined Berkeley Hall school last year , I wish they had joined this school earlier. The school has an amazing campus perched on a sprawling 66 acres of land overlooking the LA basin with a spectacular view. Away from the bustling city noise this campus offers a peaceful nurturing environment for the children . The teachers are very friendly , professional and have free open lines of communication with the parents . The school curriculum is very well structured and organized. We have a wonderful parents community in the school and we participate in numerous activities which encourage fellowship and bonding between the school families. The school camp out, Halloween Haunting, father's tennis tournament ..to name a few. The best feature about this school is that our children come home smiling and are excited to go back to school the next morning !!

Posted April 17, 2014
I have already posted my review and have confirmed it as well. Thank you and hope BHS wins!

Posted April 16, 2014
Exceptional Junior High experience. The teachers are skilled in teaching until the child thoroughly understands and can apply the concept. We feel such confidence in them and our child has responded positively to their expectations of his competence as implied by their expert teaching skills. There are opportunities to explore all arts, sciences, music, sports and social events. Everyday is "great" and it's a relief to watch our child's confidence grow in such an organic way at such a pivotal time in their life.

Berkeley Hall 3

Posted October 30, 2013
Amazing property, nice teachers, caring staff....weak academics. Kids are bored, teachers are uninspired and teach the same boring projects that put kids to sleep. Sports-- forget it. They can't hire real coaches bc they have to be from the church. We had to leave. Too bad bc the heart of this school is wonderful.

Posted October 16, 2013
My son entered Berkeley Hall in 7th grade, and while most parents opt to have their kids settled in a school that offers high school,(so they don't have to do the application process again) we felt that our son needed the two extra years to become the student he is today. The teachers are nurtuting yet challenging. They are always available to answer questions, and are truly invested in making sure each child is grasping and excelling in the ciriculum. If a child is advanced in a topic, the instructor makes sure to give advanced coursework and assignments to keep them motivated and engaged. Dr. Staley is wonderful, and leads the school from both an educator and a parent perspective. The director of admissions, Nathalie, is equally fantastic, and is not only involved in admitting the students, but is instrumental in high school outplacement. Dr. Staley goes the extra step in preparing these middle school kids for high school by actually prepping them for their high school interviews--meeting individually with each student and having a mock interview. This is a priceless experience for the kids. My overall experience with Berkeley Hall has WELL over exceeded my expectations!

Posted June 26, 2013
Berkeley Hall's junior high program worked miracles for my daughter. The faculty here actually care about the students and really do help each child realize her or his potential. I truly felt we were on the same team as the teachers and working collaboratively to help my child excel. The social environment is nurturing as well -- my shy daughter was elected to student council twice, was in all the plays and was one of the graduation speakers. They make each child feel special here, and they were wonderful with helping us find the right high school, and my daughter was well prepared academically for the rigors of high school at one of the best schools in west LA. Berkeley Hall is the best kept secret in Los Angeles. The campus is absolutely magical and secluded, the events and dances wholesome and appropriate. I wish they had a high school!

Posted June 11, 2013
We have been part of Berkeley hall for many many years, and now that we are leaving I am so happy to say that I have a well rounded, happy, confident and prepared child who will transition tremendously to her next school. Berkeley Hall has been a wonderful environment for my daughter, and I am happy to see that although there are good progressions that are happening, the core of the school remains the same. Which is, tremendous care and love for each child, and a real desire for each one to succeed.

Berkeley Hall