K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are very good teachers at this school that I will remember for the rest of my life. My only complaint, again, is the work load. But that is a complaint going against Buckley and not the teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Too big of a work load; too much pressure academically will freak out the child. They're too young for this kind of pressure and work

Yes, this school is great academically and for colleges. But it doesn't even compare the pressure and torture of what the child goes through. Since most of the friend groups have been set since kindergarten, there are very few people who are accepting of a new student. The kids are pure jerks. Second of all, the work load is too much for a high schooler. High school should be a time to enjoy and should be the best times of our life. This has only caused myself pain. Tests and quizzes everyday and classes that should only be meant for a college student. Do NOT get fooled by this school's academic success and their college application rate. The kid will have to suffer 4-7 years of pure torture or hell. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!

Amount of homework: Agree

Even though i may not like teachers, faculty and the dynamic the workload is manageable and is actually very incentivizing

My child is a 9th grader and new to the school. We chose Buckley over the other five schools our child was accepted to. It was a tough first semester academically and socially but this semester has been better. There has been some issues that we have come across but so far the administrators have been supported. Yes the school is going through a transition and NO school is perfect. It's a matter of communicating and being open to changes. There needs to be more diversity though, THAT is something that needs to improve. Overall, we are happy to have chosen Buckley.

I couldn't be happier. My child gets upset if for any reason he misses school. When I pick him up and ask how his day was, every single day he replies "awesome" His teachers have a passion for teaching. We love all the positive and forward thinking changes that have been made. Here for the long run!

In the last 5 years the innovative, brilliant and engaging teachers have been driven out or fired. One of child's favorite teacher taught Biology. She was a expert in her field who also wrote a text book for the students. My child wanted to pursue Biology because of this wonderful, extraordinary teacher. The following year she was gone. No explanation. In December 2013, two wonderful teachers have been fired. The English teacher was innovative, passionate about books and writing, knew how to engage the students and had high expectations. The History teacher was a dynamic teacher who challenges the students to learn. Both teachers were inspiring to my child. Buckley has built new facilities that are innovative and beautiful but as a parent I would prefer great teachers. I do not understand why the school prefers new and beautiful facilities and promotes mediocrity for the students.

To be honest, I would give this school 0 stars. Despite the outstanding education it offers, Buckley is currently undergoing a serious moral decline. As a lifer, I have seen the school evolve for over 10 years and am very unimpressed with the direction it continues to move in. Recently, two outstanding teachers were fired for reasons unknown, as the administration must respect their privacy, which we must understand. However, for the majority of the student population, these teachers were not only significant members of our community, but also our friends. How can we call ourselves a community when our own administration keeps all of us, the student body, parents, and faculty, without any knowledge of major changes or adjustments in the school. Buckley's encouragement for students to speak up and dare to be true are nothing but complete lies, as students simply seeking to understand the school's intentions have been blown off and treated disrespectful by the administration. Unfortunately, I am in 10th grade and have no other option but to stay in the school for the rest of my high school career, but I speak for many when I say that Buckley is not a community you want to be part of.

This school's administration only cares about their image. Having fired the two most influential teachers just a few weeks ago (during finals might I add) that have been at this school for about 16 years, one of which being the best teacher I have ever had in my entire life (and i say this with utmost confidence), our trust in the administration and their decisions has fully depleted. Everything is centered around money. Yes the clientele itself has an outrageous collective net-worth, but that has virtually nothing to do with what I am referring to. Million and billion dollar loans from the state to replace old buildings with new, unnecessary, buildings. Not to mention the incessant begging for donations they truly don't need. Firing two of the best teachers to have ever graced the Buckley campus because teachers who have been there for over a certain time are more expensive... so who cares if they leave lasting impacts on students and help them with the college process, and growth in general, money is the only valuable item on the Buckley table. As a student ambassador, it has become extremely difficult for me to tour prospective families and encourage them to attend Buckley.

My son's AP US History teacher was fired on Friday even though the class has an extremely important final exam on Monday. The students have no idea who will be grading this test. The confusion has created enormous uproar on social media among parents and students. In the last few years, many of our most dedicated, outstanding, popular teachers have abruptly left on extremely short notice. Many other faculty who have been at the school for over a decade have been mysteriously demoted. It appears that the new administration has created a hostile work environment for their senior faculty members, perhaps because it's cheaper to hire new teachers, and pressure the older ones into resigning. My son is depressed and angry. Many students have respectfully confronted the administration but felt they were met with insincerity. Despite having attended Buckley for most of his education, my son has no faith in the adults who are in charge.

Last modified Buckley School, The is a Private school that serves grades K-12