PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 14, 2015
Our daughter is in first grade at Sinai Akiba. We have been so impressed with the school and how much she has learned this past year. The Hebrew curriculum is what really stood out to us. The kids are in daily Hebrew immersion and by the end of Kindergarten, the students were already comprehending an amazing amount of Hebrew. We've also been impressed with the assortment of terrific specialists who teach science, art, music, and PE. The kids are moving around all day, from class to class, and it keeps the days exciting and active. We really appreciate that the school is always looking ahead at new technologies and ways to incorporate them into the curriculum, Best of all, the kids learn daily about kindness, compassion and what it means to be a good person.

Posted April 10, 2015
Sinai Akiba Academy has not only been a great school for my 3 children, but a second home to us. As a parent of this school for over 19 years I have nothing but good things to say about it. The education, administration and the teaching staff are superb. They are constantly trying to be at the cutting edge of technology and teaching skills. They always listen to the parent's needs and try to work with you and your child. One of my children who was a little behind because she was the youngest in her grade and not very studious got the special help she needed on a daily basis until she reached middle school and she took off from there. Sinai Akiba Academy has given a great basis of education to all my children and has embedded the love of learning in them. I am forever grateful to them. The community is something of an exception. We have made our best friends here and have kept our friendships over the years. The peace of mind that we have had over the years of whom our kid's friends are, has been irreplaceable. I highly recommend this school!!!

Posted April 09, 2015
I have three children, all very different from one another, who are attending or graduated from Sinai Akiba Academy. For all three of my kids SAA has been a very good fit, for different reasons. Academically, there are opportunities for advanced students to excel but also support services for those who need a little bit of extra attention. Socially, each of my children have found a very nice group of friends. My daughter, who graduated from SAA three years ago, was very prepared for 9th grade and has been able to enroll in honors as well as AP classes and do well. As a parent, I have met many wonderful families though my kids. We have traveled together, shared many shabbat meals together and celebrated births and bar mitzvah's together, and supported each other through deaths. It is not a perfect place. There will be children who misbehave (sometimes even your own) but I have found the school to be pretty willing to work with us when we have had issues. The administration is available to meet with you and wants to find a resolution to problems that meets most people's needs.

Posted April 09, 2015
Sinai Akiba Acdemy has been a fantastic place for my children. Not only to get a great education, but to also develop into caring human beings. I have two children currently at Akiba and one who has graduated. The education that they are receiving is everything that I would expect and more. The way that the school nurtures our children into young adults, makes my husband and I extremely happy that they are also getting a Jewish education. My daughter who has graduated was very prepared for high school and we continually see the benefits of her going to Akiba for lower and middle school.

Posted September 04, 2012
I think this school is a great school for conservative Jews. It only has the finest teachers and faculty members. It gives the students that attend an amazing education, providing attention to any student that needs help. I think Sinai Akiba is a great school!

Sinai Akiba Academy 2

Posted August 31, 2012
This school is basically a snooty prep school masquerading as a Jewish school. They don't seem to care very much at all about providing a Jewish education, they just want your money -- and only if you have a perfect child. In order to enroll, you are forced to join their synagogue, at a cost of thousands of dollars. If your kid has any little issue, you will be blackballed and you will not be told why. What happened to the days when a Jewish school would simply admit any Jewish child? Sinai has layers of busybody women in their admissions department who serve no other purpose than to screen out kids who are not perfect. The commitment to providing a Jewish education is just not there.

Posted March 14, 2011
I have two children at Sinai Akiba and they love it. They are learning at high levels in both general and Judaic studies classes. I have seen tremendous growth in my kids not only in their knowledge, but in the way they think. The teachers are highly committed to the kids, working and communicating with parents, and continually honing their professional practice. After reading some of the other reviews, I wanted to share our appreciation for the diversity within the school. Sometimes day schools are dismissed for the lack of differences among their students, but Sinai has a wealth of families with rich backgrounds and cultures. Tied together with Judaism supplying the values component, we are truly happy with our Sinai experience!

Posted March 01, 2011
Sinai Akiba Academy is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it for a variety of reasons: Great academics in a warm and nuturing environment. A caring staff of dedicated teachers and administrators. Shared values of the families and a community of friends for both parents and children that will last a lifetime. Sinai Akiba is more than just a school, it is a community.

Posted March 01, 2011
I have had three children at Sinai Akiba. Couldn't be happier. The teachers were consistently great. Challenged my kids, and when a couple of them needed help, the school had a lot of resources to help. The ones who have graduated love to go back and visit. I wish they had a high school.

Sinai Akiba Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2010
I attended Sinai Akiba Academy for middle school and I have to say it was by far the worst decision I'd ever made. The staff didn't put much effort into teaching me or accommodating any needs I had, and the middle school Judaic studies program is just horrendous -- I still don't have a basic understanding of Hebrew even after three years. If you aren't rich and persian, chances are, you/your child will NOT get along. You are picked for not 'fitting' in. You are also outcasted if you have different interests, and don't spend $500 every weekend at the mall. I honestly feel I have learned something from my experience: if people pick on you, don't bother fitting in, because they don't care even if you try your hardest. And funny thing is, my class was considered one of the best and nicest. I definitely don't recommend Sinai Akiba Academy to anyone.

Sinai Akiba Academy