Los Angeles, CA

Posted September 04, 2012
I think this school is a great school for conservative Jews. It only has the finest teachers and faculty members. It gives the students that attend an amazing education, providing attention to any student that needs help. I think Sinai Akiba is a great school!

Sinai Akiba Academy 2

Posted August 31, 2012
This school is basically a snooty prep school masquerading as a Jewish school. They don't seem to care very much at all about providing a Jewish education, they just want your money -- and only if you have a perfect child. In order to enroll, you are forced to join their synagogue, at a cost of thousands of dollars. If your kid has any little issue, you will be blackballed and you will not be told why. What happened to the days when a Jewish school would simply admit any Jewish child? Sinai has layers of busybody women in their admissions department who serve no other purpose than to screen out kids who are not perfect. The commitment to providing a Jewish education is just not there.

Posted March 14, 2011
I have two children at Sinai Akiba and they love it. They are learning at high levels in both general and Judaic studies classes. I have seen tremendous growth in my kids not only in their knowledge, but in the way they think. The teachers are highly committed to the kids, working and communicating with parents, and continually honing their professional practice. After reading some of the other reviews, I wanted to share our appreciation for the diversity within the school. Sometimes day schools are dismissed for the lack of differences among their students, but Sinai has a wealth of families with rich backgrounds and cultures. Tied together with Judaism supplying the values component, we are truly happy with our Sinai experience!

Posted March 01, 2011
Sinai Akiba Academy is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it for a variety of reasons: Great academics in a warm and nuturing environment. A caring staff of dedicated teachers and administrators. Shared values of the families and a community of friends for both parents and children that will last a lifetime. Sinai Akiba is more than just a school, it is a community.

Posted March 01, 2011
I have had three children at Sinai Akiba. Couldn't be happier. The teachers were consistently great. Challenged my kids, and when a couple of them needed help, the school had a lot of resources to help. The ones who have graduated love to go back and visit. I wish they had a high school.

Sinai Akiba Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2010
I attended Sinai Akiba Academy for middle school and I have to say it was by far the worst decision I'd ever made. The staff didn't put much effort into teaching me or accommodating any needs I had, and the middle school Judaic studies program is just horrendous -- I still don't have a basic understanding of Hebrew even after three years. If you aren't rich and persian, chances are, you/your child will NOT get along. You are picked for not 'fitting' in. You are also outcasted if you have different interests, and don't spend $500 every weekend at the mall. I honestly feel I have learned something from my experience: if people pick on you, don't bother fitting in, because they don't care even if you try your hardest. And funny thing is, my class was considered one of the best and nicest. I definitely don't recommend Sinai Akiba Academy to anyone.

Posted October 19, 2009
We have two children currently attending Sinai Akiba Academy and we have been very happy there. The teachers, both general AND Judaic studies, have been warm and nurturing and very supportive of both my kids..I have also found the administration to be very helpful. The lower school principal in particular has been so caring towards my kids. She really does know every kids name! I have a middle schooler too who has been very happy with the new facility and the classes she is taking. I personally love the K-8 school concept. I read one of the other parent reviews who commented on the parent's being cliquish, but I would respectfully disagree. I have found nearly everyone to be friendly and warm.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009
What an incredible place to learn! The combination of stressing values and academic excellence creates an amazing environment and incredibly impressive students and human beings.

Posted April 15, 2009
I have been in Sinai for eight years and I have made some of the best memories ever. I have made the best friends there and my teachers are the best. I highly recommend SAA.

Sinai Akiba Academy