Los Angeles, CA

Posted April 25, 2014
This very affordable private school has been recognized several times by several professional organizations such as the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) with their highest awards and certifications. It has an excellent and highly motivated staff, a broad-based academic curriculum, language and music arts and both on-campus and league athletic programs, and a large, beautiful campus with ultra modern buildings. Class sizes are small and year after year, the majority of our students have gone on to graduate from some of America's finest colleges and universities.

Posted April 24, 2014
The staff cares about the students a great deal. They really look out for all the students. The classes are small. They have P.E. everyday and Spanish twice a week. They also have music once a week. This is a great school.

Posted April 22, 2014
I can't say enough great things about Shepherd of the Valley. I attended this school and my children attended SOV. The teachers and staff are amazing. The community is so very friendly. We all have made life long friends.

Posted April 22, 2014
Small class sizes, attentive to each child's individual needs, fantastic 6th Grade program (this was wonderful because I wasn't ready for my child to be in a huge middle-school environment. It was an excellent time for him to mature emotionally and academically). A nurturing environment to the students, memorable events for the whole family like Mother-Son and Father-Daughter events, Roller Disco, Fall Fun Festival, and so much more. My child and I BOTH made lifelong friends at this school!

Posted April 22, 2014
My review is for the preschool. My son has been attending for a few months now, and I am very pleased with the program. The small class size has helped him grow in leaps and bounds, and the warm, caring staff is highly qualified.

Posted April 11, 2014
My child is in the transitional kindergarten program and I am thrilled with her academic progress. She is being nurtured and cared for and growing as a whole child. I have already had 3 friends join the school as well. Great school!!

Posted February 14, 2013
SOV is an exceptional school! My children love attending school here. They enjoy the small classroom size and the one on one attention they receive. Their new TK program is wonderful! As a parent, I appreciate the the teachers and staff. The teachers are great and very involved. They always make time for their students and go above what is expected of them. Mrs. Haskell is a wonderful principal.

Posted February 11, 2013
This is the best school! You can see it in the way the kids interact with each other. There is a genuine kindness that you feel the minute you walk in the door.We have been at SOV going on three years, and my children are excelling in everything they are learning. The one on one attention they get i is amazing. Everyday they are excited to go to school, and so am I. The families I've met there will be life long friends. This school is truly a gift.

Posted February 11, 2013
We are now officially well into our 2nd round with SOV. Having a daughter now 21 that went through SOV from 2-6, then on to West Valley Christian and then Chaminade, and now with 7 year old twins in the second grade, I can not say enough for the gratitude we have for Shepherd. Under the guidance of a phenom staff, headed by the principal Mrs. Haskell, through the ranks to the clubhouse staff, we have always known we made the correct choice. Currently class size is the smaller than any school I have ever encountered, which equates to a higher love/child quotient, which result in excellent academic results. One of the things I have been happiest about, is that when it is necessary to leave our children after school in clubhouse, they always come home with their homework 100% done. SOV defitinely knows how to keep its eye on the ball.

Posted February 10, 2013
We've been at SOV since my son started Kindergarten -- he is now in fourth grade and my now my daughter is in Kindergarten. We love the small classes and sense of community here. The teachers are warm and loving, and the parents are truly involved. It's hard to put into words how we feel about the school -- our kids feel safe and protected, and get plenty of attention from their teachers. The after-school sports programs -- even cheerleading -- and school activities gives everyone a chance to get involved. We love it here...I will be sad when my kids move on to middle school! This is the kind of school I wish I would have gone to growing up.

Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School
23838 Kittridge Street, Los Angeles, CA  91307
Last modified Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top