Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 06, 2014
Our daughter is now in 8th grade at Eagle Rock High. Looking back, she views the elementary school years she spent at Good Shepherd as the most formative of her life. She forged deep bonds with students and teachers which continue to the present time. And Good Shepherd gave our daughter academic and character advantages which keep her on top of her middle school classes. Taking our daughter out of a LAUSD public school and placing her at Good Shepherd was the right decision. For a middle class family like our, $4,000 tuition for a quality private school was a miracle..... Mark S.

Good Shepherd Lutheran 4

Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter has attended Good Shepherd Lutheran School for 3 years. She has had an exceptional experience. The teachers are top-notch and students thrive in the caring and nuturing environment provided. Parent participation is promoted and encouraged. The tuition and extended care fees are very reasonable. They also offer a summer camp program with a variety of fun activities for the children and the option of being able to attend weekly or on an 'as-needed' basis.

Posted April 09, 2014
My daughter is in 10th grade honors classes. She graduated from 6th Grade at Good Shepherd. My son is in 4th grade at Good Shepherd. He reads at high school level. I believe students' high achievements come not only from parents but a great school with caring adults around them who teach with God on their side. This school is located in a section of Highland Park and is small enough to be called "a family." Because of its size I love to think my kids have had "private tutoring" throughout their time at Good Shepherd.

Posted April 09, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this school. Both my sons attended , and they loved the school. We are signing up our third child to attend starting in the fall. The teachers are incredibly lovely and patient. I love that religion is embedded into their day. They have discussions about being good to one another, learn Bible verses (including the "Our Father" in pre-school... 3 years old and he memorized the verse). Everyone is sweet and loving.

Good Shepherd Lutheran 3

Posted August 06, 2013
this school is a wonderful place to have your children. People would be very happy if they put their child in this school

Posted September 20, 2012
Both my children have gone through this wonderful school. It is a learning environment filled with love and respect. The children are taught the basics of being good persons and community members while also being challenged academically. We're so glad we came across this gem!

Posted May 27, 2012
We've been part of the Good Shepard 'family' for the past six years. This is a small community full of caring, friendly, inclusive people who really care about the school and it's students. Although I was concerned about the tiny combined classes (about 7 kids per teacher in 1&2, 3&4, 5&6), this set-up worked well for my kids. There's plenty opportunity for one-on-one attention when it's needed. The children are respectful towards their elders and each other. The teachers are incredibly dedicated, always looking for ways to inspire their students and they consistently go above and beyond what's expected of them. I am so glad we found this school.

Posted June 01, 2011
I found the perfect school, and no this is not too good to be true. Fact is, the outstanding efforts of all the teachers and principal at this school is really what makes it a great school. Their attention to academics and citizenship is what helps the kids excel. Each chlid is held to a higher standard. There is no teasing, no bullying, and no foul language. I've been to other schools where this behavior is overlooked and shrugged over. I feel my daughters are safe and cared for with a great deal of attention on academics, as both my daughters continually test at least one grade level above their current one. They may not teach them to speak French at this school, but then again, they won't be going to France anytime soon and there's always Rosetta Stone. They have a healthy, safe environment, with Christian values and a loving caring family oriented community at Good Shepherd. Find out about Good Shepherd, It's the best school in the area.

Posted February 09, 2011
We LOVE Good Shepherd Lutheran School! We had looked at many schools around the area ,for our then 3 year old daughter, and we were not happy or comfortable with any of the schools we visited until we found Good Shepherd. The preschool teachers are all caring and nurturing. They honestly care for the well being of the children. My daughter, now 4 years old, has learned so much in the year she has been attending Good Shepherd. She knew how to write her name before the age of 4 and I love all the Christian values they have instilled upon her. If you are looking for a caring, nurturing, and academically challenged school for your child, I would highly recommend Good Shepherd Lutheran School. It is the best decision we made when choosing a school for our beloved daughter.

Posted October 12, 2010
Children receive an excellent education in a caring environment. Our test scores are some of the highest in the area.

Good Shepherd Lutheran