K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter is entering her second year in Good Shepherd's CDC- Child Development Center and the teachers and staff are extremely caring and involved. They are re-enforcing manners and appreciation in the little ones at such an age where it really takes effect. The kids attend chapel on Wednesdays and learn a new bible verse each month providing a good balance amongst academics and outdoor play/social time. All this at an affordable tuition with before and after day care. I definitely recommend!

Our daughter is in high school now and thriving. We are convinced that her years at Good Shepherd (4th - 6th grades) are the main reason she turned out so well. There is a night and day difference between this school and the public schools in the Eagle Rock-Pasadena-Highland Park area. Small classes, a loving environment, and great teachers. Isn't this what all parents want for their kids?

OVERALL Speaking to the Pre-K experience, we've found it to be a diverse environment with a mix of play & basic academic learning. Little ones can enroll at 2 years, 9 months, and must be potty trained. We had an OK experience here. It is somewhat bare bones though, so if your child has any special needs, you may want to look elsewhere. SCHEDULE/COSTS The PreK/Child Development Center option offers part-time or full-time days, with care extending 7a-6p. The full-time costs $600/month. Hot lunches are optional at $3.50/meal, with $5 fund-raiser meals for school programs mixed in. OTHER STUFF There are bonus programs offered, such as soccer, Being Davinci, and 4-H at additional cost. Annual events like the Harvest Festival & celebrations around the holidays give families a chance to participate and enrich their kids' experience at the school. The school is associated with Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on the campus. Even if you're not Christian, the monthly family services are a nice chance for building community & for students to gain public speaking/performance experience.

Our daughter is now in 8th grade at Eagle Rock High. Looking back, she views the elementary school years she spent at Good Shepherd as the most formative of her life. She forged deep bonds with students and teachers which continue to the present time. And Good Shepherd gave our daughter academic and character advantages which keep her on top of her middle school classes. Taking our daughter out of a LAUSD public school and placing her at Good Shepherd was the right decision. For a middle class family like our, $4,000 tuition for a quality private school was a miracle..... Mark S.

My daughter has attended Good Shepherd Lutheran School for 3 years. She has had an exceptional experience. The teachers are top-notch and students thrive in the caring and nuturing environment provided. Parent participation is promoted and encouraged. The tuition and extended care fees are very reasonable. They also offer a summer camp program with a variety of fun activities for the children and the option of being able to attend weekly or on an 'as-needed' basis.

My daughter is in 10th grade honors classes. She graduated from 6th Grade at Good Shepherd. My son is in 4th grade at Good Shepherd. He reads at high school level. I believe students' high achievements come not only from parents but a great school with caring adults around them who teach with God on their side. This school is located in a section of Highland Park and is small enough to be called "a family." Because of its size I love to think my kids have had "private tutoring" throughout their time at Good Shepherd.

I absolutely LOVE this school. Both my sons attended , and they loved the school. We are signing up our third child to attend starting in the fall. The teachers are incredibly lovely and patient. I love that religion is embedded into their day. They have discussions about being good to one another, learn Bible verses (including the "Our Father" in pre-school... 3 years old and he memorized the verse). Everyone is sweet and loving.

this school is a wonderful place to have your children. People would be very happy if they put their child in this school

Both my children have gone through this wonderful school. It is a learning environment filled with love and respect. The children are taught the basics of being good persons and community members while also being challenged academically. We're so glad we came across this gem!

We've been part of the Good Shepard 'family' for the past six years. This is a small community full of caring, friendly, inclusive people who really care about the school and it's students. Although I was concerned about the tiny combined classes (about 7 kids per teacher in 1&2, 3&4, 5&6), this set-up worked well for my kids. There's plenty opportunity for one-on-one attention when it's needed. The children are respectful towards their elders and each other. The teachers are incredibly dedicated, always looking for ways to inspire their students and they consistently go above and beyond what's expected of them. I am so glad we found this school.

Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran is a Private school that serves grades K-6