Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 26, 2014
Excellent school, my daughters enjoyed this school for 10 & 7 years with excellent performances academically confirmed by outside testing even in France. Sports have taken their takeoffs now and are well recognized in California as well as nationally with several athletes and players evolving outside of california during their vacations..

Posted October 02, 2014
Our son loves this school and is thriving in his second year here. His French is great. There is a well rounded curriculum and yes it's strict however I believe they turn out wonderful people that are ready to take on the world with a global perspective. They learn not to be selfish or insecure culturally. Everyone comments on how sophisticated our some is at such a young age and the manors, etiquette and values here are in line with our vision for our family. It certainly won't be right for all students and is perhaps "old school" but we think that's a good thing. We highly recommend the school. I'm American and my husband Is bFrench but most of the children in our class of 14, yes that's right not 28 or higher do not speak French at home. My one complaint is that sometimes it's hard to figure out what homework was assigned however they just implemented a new log in system where the assignments are on line and that has helped us stay on track with our sons studies. The parents are great & work hard to make the school year fun & exciting fot the children and the parents. I feel lucky to be able to provide this education to our son.

Posted September 28, 2014
Mes enfants ( p re am ricain, maman qu b coise ) ont v cu que de bons moment et maintenant 23/26 ans succ s ! Anyway if you comment please SIGN with your name, anonymity is not healthy ? H l ne Rioux

Posted September 18, 2014
We decided to quit in june. This school is turning into a joke and embarrassment to bilingual families. So behind compared to other private schools (they should visit them!) Administration is "outdated" with very unclear job positions. The accountant is the worth and so rude. The discipline: yelling and humiliating mostly, putting kids in molds. The "international" curriculum is pitiful, starting middle school. The school doesn't publish or give to parents national tests results! It is called "the club med of LA": after your money and fame. Ridiculously "cliched" old fashion, major car pollution by refusing older kids to walk home, no basic recycling, filthy restrooms, overpowering superficiel president privileges opportunistic staff. Lost a lot of "real" french kids, France cutting down on fr. tuitions (and the school doesn't offer tuitions openly). "This family school" doesn't offer any discount to siblings! Sad, they could have created a great school! A couple of good teachers, a lot of abusive ones. Nice middle school director but without power. Favored families with money are put together in same class and catered to! Class rep are "designated" long before school starts...
5 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 2

Posted August 17, 2014
Ok, lets get to the point. The school sucks. My daughter and son went to lyc e for high school and had a terrible experience! The teachers are extremely impatient and scream at the students. The academics are a joke! The american section (which my children were in) were treated like they were complete idiots compared to the french section. If you're thinking about sending your kids here... think again!
9 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2014
My child went to the lycee for high school in the American section and hated it. The teachers and curriculum are a joke, I even tried to talk to a few of them to complain and they shouted at me. The class numbers are too small and lack necessary items such as computers. If you are thinking about sending your child to this school, don't, you're better off just saving your money and sending them to public school
10 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 4

Posted March 27, 2014
My daughter came to Lycee in 6th grade. She has absolutely flourished at this school. She has a small class, with nice kids (they are all friends!) The teachers are very accessible as is the administration. There was a problem with a teacher last year, and after many parents complained, the teacher is not there this year. Most of the teachers are amazing. There are a few that are just okay, but my daughter is getting what she needs academically and has earned the best grades of her life. She is shy by nature, but at Lycee she has blossomed and made many friends. Yes its a little old fashioned and I think they school could use improvements in the use of technology, but really she is not lacking in any computer skills. I feel she will graduate and go on to college fully prepared from having attended Lycee.

Posted December 23, 2013
Awesome. I really like it. It is a great place to learn and grow and become a more well rounded individual. I don't regret it.

Posted November 20, 2013
I am a very proud parent at Le Lyc e Fran ais de Los Angeles - Middle School. It is very strong academically with a perfect blend of making children autonomous and self-reliant with great care and nurturing on behalf of the faculty. It truly is a HOME AWAY FROM HOME. As a 21st century parent, I want a school that will deliver on its message of being worldly and both culturally and intellectually sophisticated. Again, a perfect marriage of the best America and France have to offer. The school has evolved with the times we live in. My child has grown in confidence and is simply blossoming. My child LOVES the school and his wonderful friends, all very polite and super smarts. There is a healthy competition amongst them that does not divide them thanks to the school philosophy and directors' approach to pedagogy. My husband (American) and I want a well-rounded child and we know Le Lyc e helps us achieve this goal.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 10, 2013
Now the truth. My daughter went to le lyc e , we took her out after elementary. I read all the comments bellow and this is our opinion 1- someone said the school is old fashion? I would say 50 years backward. Not a French modern school 2- it is not a nurturing environment for the little ones,some of the teachers scream at them so much, it is scary, really bad for their mental health. 3- "student" said that the tuition is cheaper than most private schools. our experience is that , public american school are better than the lyc e and they are free. 4- to the "parents" who said that their kids where at the lyc e from kindergarten to hight school and it was the best, well I am sorry that you did not try another school, you do not know what you have been missing. 5- to the "parents" who say that due to the lyc e, their kids was accepted in an Ivy League school, well mine is also going to an Ivy League school even so we took her out of there. 6- "worldy"? No but instead removed from the world, this city , in a claustrophobic and un natural environment. 7- "parent" said the admin treat you the same who ever you are? NON! Period. PS. My husband and I, we are both French
8 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles
3261 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 2-8
Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top