Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 25, 2015
During our parent teacher conferences they were able to communicate what they saw and how we might be able to improve our sons confidence level when it came to speaking French. An adjustment was made and his confidence has improved due to help from his teachers. I'd say the teachers are very effective.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 25, 2015
Since we've only been through second grade I can't speak to higher grades but for our family last year it was just right. The Gradelink program on line is helpful when it comes to keeping it all straight too.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted July 25, 2015
The curriculum is hard and I think creates these things. I see a desire in our son to do well and believe that this is the catalyst for creating persistence, grit and determination.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 25, 2015
The children respect each other and the adults. Children are taught some old fashioned values here and I am grateful that they take this approach.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 25, 2015
Last year a student passed away unexpectedly and the schools handling of the event could not have been better. They let the parents know what happened and aided us with ways to talk about this with our children. I was pleased with the approach.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
This school is very strict and honesty, integrity and fairness are important here. When we've had a problem with behavioral issues between our child and others the teachers have dealt with the issues well and helped us improve communication between the child and the other childs parents.

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 3

Posted May 13, 2015
My daughter is in the Middle school, over all I can say she get very good education; there are a few old fashion and a little mean teacher but she can tolerated them. A lot off mean and gossipy girl click, Not obvious to fit in, it may be the same in other school,I don't know....

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 5

Posted May 01, 2015
My daughter is finishing second grade at Lycee and she is thriving. The twelve children in her classroom have formed a cohesive, comfortable group over the years, the teachers are caring, have been wonderful at working through difficulties be they social or academic, and my daughter is happy to go to school each day. We do not speak French at home, but her French is fluent at this point. She reads and writes well in both English and French, and she has a developed both an ability to think about numbers abstractly and great computational skills. Art, drama, music are all part of the curriculum, which I think is important. The website is a mess and communication from the school can be confusing, but these things are details. Where it counts, this school is great.
5 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 4

Posted March 31, 2015
There are some wonderful teachers here, at the elementary school and in all subjects. The curriculum is strong because it combines CA law basic courses with the French curriculum. The uniforms are ugly and made of cheap materials (yet they come from one supplier and are expensive), often far too thick for hot days. There are despite appearances, some major discipline issues. I believe the teachers are sometimes afraid to assert themselves and stop disruptive behavior in the classes, and I think this is because the parents are often very powerful, wealthy people who the school does not wish to lose. Maybe its the same everywhere in LA for private school, I don't know.
5 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 5

Posted March 31, 2015
Our son if finishing second grade and we have had a few bumps as I like to have more involvement in school functions and planning however our son LOVES the school and his grades are great. He's happy...so we are happy. I learned from some of my other friends, who have older children, that this in normal as kids get older the parents become less involved with the school. I think it's my learning lesson, so I don't want to blame the school. I am actually a class parent so have more access than some and can say I observe well behaved kids that are respectful and a joy to be around and the teachers I observe care about education and our kids. The well rounded education they provide is fantastic.
2 people found this helpful

3261 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 2-8
Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top