Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 4

Posted March 31, 2015
There are some wonderful teachers here, at the elementary school and in all subjects. The curriculum is strong because it combines CA law basic courses with the French curriculum. The uniforms are ugly and made of cheap materials (yet they come from one supplier and are expensive), often far too thick for hot days. There are despite appearances, some major discipline issues. I believe the teachers are sometimes afraid to assert themselves and stop disruptive behavior in the classes, and I think this is because the parents are often very powerful, wealthy people who the school does not wish to lose. Maybe its the same everywhere in LA for private school, I don't know.

Posted March 31, 2015
Our son if finishing second grade and we have had a few bumps as I like to have more involvement in school functions and planning however our son LOVES the school and his grades are great. He's happy...so we are happy. I learned from some of my other friends, who have older children, that this in normal as kids get older the parents become less involved with the school. I think it's my learning lesson, so I don't want to blame the school. I am actually a class parent so have more access than some and can say I observe well behaved kids that are respectful and a joy to be around and the teachers I observe care about education and our kids. The well rounded education they provide is fantastic.

Posted February 10, 2015
my girl is in middle-school and academically I would say it is good, some teachers are really great some are so-so and a few are bad even lazy. But the worse side of this middle-school is the social! it is horrible! Girls are totally mean, there is clique! And the direction do absolutely nothing! Teacher cannot help as they got instruction from the higher level to only teach their subject! It is really sad as this school could be excellent with a better ambiance and environment. On their website their wrote: "This is why our teachers are dedicated to instilling in our students certain core human values, such as respect for others, respect for one s word, fairness, compassion, and self-reliance." Unhappily, they do not do this at all, rather the opposite. So Beware: CLIQUE and MEAN GIRLS in that school! Many left this school because of this :-(

Posted October 26, 2014
Excellent school, my daughters enjoyed this school for 10 & 7 years with excellent performances academically confirmed by outside testing even in France. Sports have taken their takeoffs now and are well recognized in California as well as nationally with several athletes and players evolving outside of california during their vacations..

Posted October 02, 2014
Our son loves this school and is thriving in his second year here. His French is great. There is a well rounded curriculum and yes it's strict however I believe they turn out wonderful people that are ready to take on the world with a global perspective. They learn not to be selfish or insecure culturally. Everyone comments on how sophisticated our some is at such a young age and the manors, etiquette and values here are in line with our vision for our family. It certainly won't be right for all students and is perhaps "old school" but we think that's a good thing. We highly recommend the school. I'm American and my husband Is bFrench but most of the children in our class of 14, yes that's right not 28 or higher do not speak French at home. My one complaint is that sometimes it's hard to figure out what homework was assigned however they just implemented a new log in system where the assignments are on line and that has helped us stay on track with our sons studies. The parents are great & work hard to make the school year fun & exciting fot the children and the parents. I feel lucky to be able to provide this education to our son.

Posted September 28, 2014
Mes enfants ( p re am ricain, maman qu b coise ) ont v cu que de bons moment et maintenant 23/26 ans succ s ! Anyway if you comment please SIGN with your name, anonymity is not healthy ? H l ne Rioux

Posted September 18, 2014
We decided to quit in june. This school is turning into a joke and embarrassment to bilingual families. So behind compared to other private schools (they should visit them!) Administration is "outdated" with very unclear job positions. The accountant is the worth and so rude. The discipline: yelling and humiliating mostly, putting kids in molds. The "international" curriculum is pitiful, starting middle school. The school doesn't publish or give to parents national tests results! It is called "the club med of LA": after your money and fame. Ridiculously "cliched" old fashion, major car pollution by refusing older kids to walk home, no basic recycling, filthy restrooms, overpowering superficiel president privileges opportunistic staff. Lost a lot of "real" french kids, France cutting down on fr. tuitions (and the school doesn't offer tuitions openly). "This family school" doesn't offer any discount to siblings! Sad, they could have created a great school! A couple of good teachers, a lot of abusive ones. Nice middle school director but without power. Favored families with money are put together in same class and catered to! Class rep are "designated" long before school starts...
7 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 2

Posted August 17, 2014
Ok, lets get to the point. The school sucks. My daughter and son went to lyc e for high school and had a terrible experience! The teachers are extremely impatient and scream at the students. The academics are a joke! The american section (which my children were in) were treated like they were complete idiots compared to the french section. If you're thinking about sending your kids here... think again!
9 people found this helpful

Posted July 20, 2014
My child went to the lycee for high school in the American section and hated it. The teachers and curriculum are a joke, I even tried to talk to a few of them to complain and they shouted at me. The class numbers are too small and lack necessary items such as computers. If you are thinking about sending your child to this school, don't, you're better off just saving your money and sending them to public school
10 people found this helpful

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles 4

Posted March 27, 2014
My daughter came to Lycee in 6th grade. She has absolutely flourished at this school. She has a small class, with nice kids (they are all friends!) The teachers are very accessible as is the administration. There was a problem with a teacher last year, and after many parents complained, the teacher is not there this year. Most of the teachers are amazing. There are a few that are just okay, but my daughter is getting what she needs academically and has earned the best grades of her life. She is shy by nature, but at Lycee she has blossomed and made many friends. Yes its a little old fashioned and I think they school could use improvements in the use of technology, but really she is not lacking in any computer skills. I feel she will graduate and go on to college fully prepared from having attended Lycee.

Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles
3261 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades 2-8
Le Lycee Francais De Los Angeles Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top