Posted April 17, 2014
Starts them out easy in K and ratchets it up slowly so they can handle college with ease. Pleasantly nurturing in the younger grades and a lot of power networking potential for parents. The children get a well rounded education and stand ready to take their place among the Los Angeles elite.

Posted October 24, 2013
Brentwood, under the leadership of Dr. Mike Riera, [GREATSCHOOLS.ORG needs to update their profile information!!! Dr. Pratt has not been at the school for several years],is a wonderful, but rigorous academic environment for students. Their mission statement: "Start curious, stay curious, go anywhere" has served to re-focus this already excellent school into something that is even better than it was. The teachers are excellent, almost uniformly, the administrative staff is responsive and nurturing. The school is very active in community service, while maintaining a very rigorous academic program. What is also very compelling is that they are open to parent input and suggestions, as well as input from the student body. This is a great school, but is NOT for kids who aren't prepared to work hard.

Brentwood School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
Dishonest, abusive, and mean spirted. Brentwood only cares for its reputation, not the well being of the children.

Posted May 26, 2012
Brentwood School is the perfect combination of academics, arts, and athletics. I currently attend the Brentwood Middle Division and love it! The teachers are superb and the community itself is so supportive. I feel like I am part of one big family at Brentwood School. Brentwood School has challenging academic programs, and has an AMAZING head of school. I feel very fortunate to attend a school that has and will keep giving me such a great education and learning experience.

Posted January 23, 2011
Although Brentwood socially seems a bit unilateral, there is something here for every type of student. Academically, Brentwood drives students to live up to their full potential. I have seen my child progress from Kindergarten all the way to Senior year and although it has had it's ups and downs, he is more than ready to attend some of the top universities in the country. It has especially good relations with the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Southern California. Brentwood mostly excels in its superior writing department. My son has been learning and developing his skills since the day he entered and even with the same time and dedication to practice on my own, I could never reach the level that he has. Other strong departments are foreign languages and the social sciences, but even lab science courses are fairly strong as well. In the upper division, which I believe is the gem of the entire school, my son has only dealt with 2 poor teachers out of over 30. No school is perfect, but in the context of reality, Brentwood is one of the best at least in the Los Angeles area but in my opinion on a larger scale.

Brentwood School 2

Posted December 19, 2010
There's a certain brand of student they like to have here and it's tough if your child is not this type. There's not much tolerance for students that don't sit still and quietly attend to their work. This is difficult for most children, hence many kids wind up in the principal's office for non-sensical offenses. If you have a kid who is agreeable and silent and does what everybody tells them, this school could be great for you.

Posted July 04, 2010
I am a student at Brentwood, and this place has showed me what learning is about. I enjoy going to school every day, and I really believe that there is something special about it. The teachers there don't just teach you facts, and problems, but they teach you a way to learn.

Brentwood School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
I have seen progras in my child life acadamically.

Brentwood School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
i love brentwood because it is a place to have fun while learning.

Posted April 26, 2010
This school provides a combination of challenging academics and an amazingly friendly environment, many additional activities like sports, theater and much much more, in my opinion one of the top schools in all America

Brentwood School