Posted October 29, 2014
Nothing but amazing things to say about our experience at VLS. The teachers and staff make the school. Its a caring enviroment that allows children to prosper.

Posted September 03, 2014
Best school my kid has attended - and we've tried a few from Santa Monica to Manhattan beach! Thank you VLS for a great first class education!!!

Posted June 01, 2014
My 2 kids have been going to First Lutheran since Kindergarten. They are now in 5th and 6th grades. As a parent you always wonder if you are doing the right thing with the kids. As a Yale Graduate and product of the Manhattan Beach school district I will say that this is the best thing I have ever done for my little guys. The other schools in town are okay but quite frankly way overpopulated and most of the the teachers who can never be fired at the public schools are just there for the paycheck...total b team. There are about ten kids a grade a FLV and have an incredible soccer culture. If you are not in the school band you are in the school play...etc etc...think going to school in a very small town in America. If you freak out about religion or homework then dont send your kid there as they teach religion and you will have homework every night. Funny thing is that one of my kids is a believer and the other is on the fence...ha. Bottom line...great school ...amazing families...and the kids are always doing something fun and learning values instead of rap.

Posted March 03, 2014
Change is hard for many people. Our principle is retiring after 30 years of dedicated service to this wonderful school and our board of Education has decided not to renew our 5th/6th grade teacher contract for next year. Naturally, some people are upset about these changes. Though the 5th/6th grade teacher was loved by many, there have also been complaints about her teaching methods. My child has been at this school since Kindergarten, is currently in 7th grade and we are very happy here. We personally love that teacher and are not happy that she isn't coming back but that's not our decision to make and I trust our board of Ed to find a good replacement. I've also met the new principle and I believe she will be a perfect fit. This is an excellent school with top notch curriculum, a caring, loving staff, and very involved parents. Take the time to visit and talk to parents and staff members and you'll see for yourself. Gossip is not the best way to find a school for your child.

Venice Lutheran School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
Before considering this school ask the following questions: How many families have left in the past few years and why? Why is the principal leaving? Was this his choice? Are the teachers accredited? Is the school accredited? With the dramatic declining enrollment what is the likelihood the school will be able to remain open. Ask to speak to members of this school's board of education to get the real answers.

Posted January 16, 2014
Our child, who was one of those "leg holding / I don't want to go to school kids at first", loves Venice Lutheran, and is growing intellectually, emotionally and spiritually each day. I can't recommend a better school for anyone looking for a christian / family centered school for their child.

Posted January 13, 2014
Moving from Europe to the US was a big step. But deciding for a school for our daughter was maybe even more difficult. We visited a couple of scholls but no school felt so friendly, safe and in a way familiar than Venice Lutheran. The way they teach and guide at VLS is with a real personal approach . the small sizes of the classes helps with that ofcourse but the teachers at VLS are super involved and take so much care in teaching the kids. Our daughter is currently in 8th grade and it will be an emotional farewell....

Posted January 13, 2014
As a retired public school teacher, I have been doing substitute teaching at Los Angeles Westside independent schools for the past 14 years. I look forward to and am excited to substitute at Venice Lutheran School. I am welcomed warmly by the faculty, staff, students, and parents. With high academic standards, Venice Lutheran School provides a quality education in a caring, kind, supportive, structured environment. It is impressive how academically prepared the students are compared to students at other independent schools. The small class sizes allow the experienced teachers to concentrate on individual students making sure that each student has mastered essential skills. Students build genuine self-esteem by striving for and achieving academic excellence. Unlike most elementary and middle schools, Venice Lutheran incorporates a foreign language, Spanish, into their curriculum. With an emphasis on good moral values, students are respectful, cooperative, well-behaved, well- adjusted, and happy. Venice Lutheran turns out academically strong, well-mannered learners who are prepared to succeed in secondary schools. This teacher has the highest regard for Venice Lutheran School.

Posted September 19, 2013
I currently teach Soccer at this School with eurosoccerusa.com and have found the Teachers, Staff and Children to be nothing less than brilliant. It seems to be a family environment and never have I seen any drama tears or mischief. The kids are super smart, well dressed and parents well to do people. Principle Mr Rusch loves the kids like their his own and I wouldn't hesitate bringing my own kids here when they are older. Long may their hard work pay off as thse kids are definetely going places.

Posted March 25, 2013
I do not know what I would do without Venice Lutheran School. They have been instrumental in my child's development on every level: intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual. The children at this school learn how to be wonderful contributing members to our community. My child loves her school. She hates missing a day for anything. She has so much fun and they have really fostered a love of learning in her.

Venice Lutheran School