Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 07, 2014
TCS doesn't get enough credit for its outstanding academics and overall academic rigor. This school has been incredible for my child and is truly more than we ever could have hoped for. My child is absolutely thriving!

Country School, The 4

Posted September 11, 2014
We love TCS! Our child transferred here after attending one of the so-called 'best' public schools in LAUSD for several years. He was miserable there, so we transferred out and our kid is finally THRIVING! Creative, caring, and compassionate teachers who inspire not only academically, but also emotionally. And NO HOMEWORK! This is huge, as anyone who has endured the ridiculous piles of homework week after week from LAUSD schools will tell you. My kid was buried under mountains of busy work at our LAUSD school, yet learning nothing. At TCS he is not only thriving, but getting a top-quality progressive education that challenges him on an individual level, according to his own abilities. For example, he is working 2 grade levels above in math, and right on grade level in language arts. Having teaching teams of 2 in every classroom makes this possible. He is never bored, always inspired, and leaps and bounds ahead of his friends back at his old school. No school is without problems, and some people will search until they find something wrong any where. But we couldn't be more pleased with TCS, including the awesome campus. leadership, community, and, especially, the teachers.

Posted July 23, 2014
This is a fantastic school both socially and academically. We couldn't have made a better choice.

Country School, The 2

Posted April 07, 2014
This is far from the happiest on earth. This school will show your children a delusional view of the world.The staff will 99% of the time make a mountain out of a molehill. The head of school, Holly is nothing more than a bully to her staff who are made to " report every little thing to here in a e-mail instead of just dealing with it them self's. Its diversity is "ONLY" in the kids not the staff. So if you can not relate to the kids how can you teach them?

Posted January 05, 2014
Move over Disney, TCS is the happiest place on earth!. This is our fourth year and our daughter is absolutely thriving. With two teachers in each classroom, each one has the time to really get to know each child and the best part is the way the students care for each other. This is an authentic place where children can learn in an environment that is warm and nurturing. There is no other school quite like the Country School. If you're looking for a safe and welcoming place for your child get a fabulous education and make friends that will last a lifetime, this is it.

Posted December 13, 2013
TCS is such an amazing place. This is our 9th year at the school. They have taken my children from pre-school to middle. The academics are cutting edge. Subjects are taught in such a way that my kids retain the knowledge - they don't just memorize facts for a test. The school is very nurturing. They have a zero tolerance for bullying of any kind. On the playground you will see a 3rd grader playing with a 5th grader or a 1st grader playing with a 4th grader. It's like one big family. I wish the world was all like TCS!!

Country School, The 1

Posted October 29, 2013
From what I have witnessed so far I would never send my child there.Kids are not treated equally and fayrly.

Posted August 01, 2013
Wow! I love it! My daughter has been asking ALL SUMMER when she gets to go back to school! I love her teachers, the sweet small campus and close knit parent community. Happy after 5 years here - I wish it went through High School! I just read that parent comment and all I want to say is that every school does its very best to raise money. Oh well, I am sure they will find a school that suits THE PARENT'S needs rather than evaluate a school on the CHILD'S needs. I have not experienced arrogance - ever. The Country School has always felt like a haven in the middle of a huge city.

Country School, The 2

Posted July 28, 2013
I was not impressed by this school. The staff were not welcoming and I wasn't sold on the curriculum. I did not get the impression that the students were pushed enough and the environment, as a whole, was way too 'lax. I recommend that the staff care less about the $ and not behave in an arrogant manner as they have no reason for feeling entitled or special.

Posted February 24, 2013
TCS is the best kept secret in the Valley. Low student-teacher ratios thanks to two teachers in each classroom means children get the individual attention they need and get extra attention when needed and are challenged to exceed beyond their grade level if they are advanced. This school completely understands each student and ensures they get a tailored education as well as a solid foundation to be kind and compassionate. We wish they went through high school!

Country School, The