No rating

Granada Hills Baptist School

Private | K-6 | 103 students

We are best known for family atmosphere.

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $359,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,770.

Posted January 9, 2011

We have found Granada Hills Baptist School to be like a second family for our children. The teachers truly care about and know each child. The academics are challenging and we feel our kids are getting a great education. We love the diversity and the welcoming feeling we get on campus. The families are friendly and helpful and many are involved and volunteer. Just the fact that you are able to volunteer on campus is a big plus in our book. We find the Principal to be a devoted, hands-on leader who is approachable and in touch with everything that goes on. If you want a great school, Granada Hills Baptist is it!

Posted March 5, 2010

Love the teachers. Obvisously Christian, but questioning why they would have an angry woman as principal. No love there. I put my kids in a Christian school because I want Jesus to be their main focus, but the principal doesn't seem to get that. Academics are so-so. I would highly recomment Hillcrest. Not as much parent involvement but that can also be a good thing. No parents standing around gossipping about how mean the principal is.

Posted September 13, 2009

I am a proud father of 3 wonderfully grounded children that attend Granada Hills Baptist School. My wife and I have been involed with the school for 5 complete years and we could not be more pleased with the academic, spiritual, and social skills our children have achieved while attending classes. Because of the small class size and individual attention given to the children my kids confidence levels have soared. The staff from the principal, teachers, volunteers, and active parents demontates to me a true unity that would be hard to duplicate in a larger school. I highly recommend GHB.

Posted September 11, 2009

Being a single father with the responsibility of choosing the right school for my child is very difficult; Not until I found this GREAT school!!! I find the teachers to be very well qualified along with the staff that make up this wonderful school a great place for my child. The principle of this school is one of a kind, she manages the school very well in safety, academics, Bible and extracurricular activities. This school also has programs for the family too; for example they have a Men's prayer program along with others that parents are always welcome to join...and because of that this school will continue to SHINE and not fall off the rock the Christ has founded this school on!! This is my child's 3rd year and will continue and finish elementary school years with the Wolves of GHBS!! -Sincerely Proud Parent=)

Posted June 10, 2009

All of my three kids attend; we are going on our sixth year. It has the major qualities my family looks for in a Chritian school, challenging academics, extracurricular activities, top-notch Bible teachings, well qualified teachers, and high parental involvement. We feel that it's a well-balanced school. A great and safe place for children to grow. My kids are happy.

Posted June 10, 2009

My experience has been completely different from the previous post. We just finished another great year and have had many excellent teachers in the 5 years we've been here. I find the parents to be friendly and the staff to be genuinely devoted to their students' development. Any concerns I've had along the way have been dealt with promptly and with positive results from both staff and administration. I see Christian values being demonstrated as well as taught. I would take such extreme reviews, such as the previous post, with a grain of salt. N. Wright

Posted October 21, 2008

Terribly dissatisfied with staff and administration. Principal DOES NOT practice Christian values no matter what she may spout. Staff morale down in the dumps. School and church have issues ( because school board consists mainly of church members) that have spilled over into programs at school causing widespread confusion and discomfort. Only came across one good teacher - the rest need to go back to school AND church. School not accredited. Looks good from the outside but absolutely no evidence of Christian values on the inside. Very sad. Won't last long. Find another school.

Posted August 20, 2008

My daughter attended GHBS for kindergarten and we absolutely LOVED it! She will be entering 1st grade this year and we are looking forward to it. The academics are top-notch, especially the A Beka reading program. The teachers and principal really care about the children and make every effort to assist them in their growth and development. I would highly recommend this school if you are interested in a solid academic education within a caring Christian environment. Character development is also a priority at GHBS and for that, I'm thankful. C.R.

Posted August 14, 2008

Both my kids attended this school they do have some great teacher's but the principal can be very rude at times and she should think befor speaking, also if you need a bootcamp type of school I totally recommend this school very very strict to strict but the education is good and I liked the christian teaching, also all parents here are very snobish sorry but you dont even get a good mourning out of them as you walk bye sad!!!

Posted March 10, 2008

I have 2 children at GHBS and they love their school. It feels like a small-town family; the teachers know all of the students and the parents can be as involved as they choose to be. The academics, character, and Bible teaching are top-notch. There may not be a 'perfect' school, but this one comes pretty close, in my opinion.

Posted May 4, 2007

My 3rd grade son has done very well since Kindergarten, as a result of some great teachersso far. The Academic and Christian teaching has been excellent. I hope 4th grade and up can live up to the previous year's teachers. Principal and School leadership is a little bit stuffy and old fashioned, could use some modern flavor.

Posted May 18, 2006

I found this school to have some great teachers and some not so great.The principal was very nice. I found the parents to be a little standoff ish and very hard to get to know.Most of the children had been together since kindergarden and it was difficult for my child to fit in, we stayed for a year and then left feeling mildly uncomfortable

Posted February 14, 2006

A fantastic school. They go so far beyond education and into the development of the child and family it is phenominal.They truly care about the child over and beyond what is paid for or expected.

Posted January 19, 2006

safety and discipline not a priority here. some great ones, but many unprofessional staff members. not able to meet need for challenge of gifted children. we are much happier in nearby public school sas program.

Posted January 21, 2005

My son has attended for 2 years now, i am extremely pleased with this school! the right combination of academics, character education, and arts/music. Many after school programs to choose from. My son says he loves school, and he is appropriately challenged so he doesn't lose interest. Highly recommend!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 15% 11%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
French
Korean
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

• French
  • Korean

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Elayne Vanasse
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (818) 360-0175

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Dress Code
  • Dress code

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Little Shepherd Learning Center

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Los Angeles Baptist Middle School/High School