K-6|Private

Bad
Good

We have found Granada Hills Baptist School to be like a second family for our children. The teachers truly care about and know each child. The academics are challenging and we feel our kids are getting a great education. We love the diversity and the welcoming feeling we get on campus. The families are friendly and helpful and many are involved and volunteer. Just the fact that you are able to volunteer on campus is a big plus in our book. We find the Principal to be a devoted, hands-on leader who is approachable and in touch with everything that goes on. If you want a great school, Granada Hills Baptist is it!

Love the teachers. Obvisously Christian, but questioning why they would have an angry woman as principal. No love there. I put my kids in a Christian school because I want Jesus to be their main focus, but the principal doesn't seem to get that. Academics are so-so. I would highly recomment Hillcrest. Not as much parent involvement but that can also be a good thing. No parents standing around gossipping about how mean the principal is.

I am a proud father of 3 wonderfully grounded children that attend Granada Hills Baptist School. My wife and I have been involed with the school for 5 complete years and we could not be more pleased with the academic, spiritual, and social skills our children have achieved while attending classes. Because of the small class size and individual attention given to the children my kids confidence levels have soared. The staff from the principal, teachers, volunteers, and active parents demontates to me a true unity that would be hard to duplicate in a larger school. I highly recommend GHB.

Being a single father with the responsibility of choosing the right school for my child is very difficult; Not until I found this GREAT school!!! I find the teachers to be very well qualified along with the staff that make up this wonderful school a great place for my child. The principle of this school is one of a kind, she manages the school very well in safety, academics, Bible and extracurricular activities. This school also has programs for the family too; for example they have a Men's prayer program along with others that parents are always welcome to join...and because of that this school will continue to SHINE and not fall off the rock the Christ has founded this school on!! This is my child's 3rd year and will continue and finish elementary school years with the Wolves of GHBS!! -Sincerely Proud Parent=)

All of my three kids attend; we are going on our sixth year. It has the major qualities my family looks for in a Chritian school, challenging academics, extracurricular activities, top-notch Bible teachings, well qualified teachers, and high parental involvement. We feel that it's a well-balanced school. A great and safe place for children to grow. My kids are happy.

My experience has been completely different from the previous post. We just finished another great year and have had many excellent teachers in the 5 years we've been here. I find the parents to be friendly and the staff to be genuinely devoted to their students' development. Any concerns I've had along the way have been dealt with promptly and with positive results from both staff and administration. I see Christian values being demonstrated as well as taught. I would take such extreme reviews, such as the previous post, with a grain of salt. N. Wright

Terribly dissatisfied with staff and administration. Principal DOES NOT practice Christian values no matter what she may spout. Staff morale down in the dumps. School and church have issues ( because school board consists mainly of church members) that have spilled over into programs at school causing widespread confusion and discomfort. Only came across one good teacher - the rest need to go back to school AND church. School not accredited. Looks good from the outside but absolutely no evidence of Christian values on the inside. Very sad. Won't last long. Find another school.

My daughter attended GHBS for kindergarten and we absolutely LOVED it! She will be entering 1st grade this year and we are looking forward to it. The academics are top-notch, especially the A Beka reading program. The teachers and principal really care about the children and make every effort to assist them in their growth and development. I would highly recommend this school if you are interested in a solid academic education within a caring Christian environment. Character development is also a priority at GHBS and for that, I'm thankful. C.R.

Both my kids attended this school they do have some great teacher's but the principal can be very rude at times and she should think befor speaking, also if you need a bootcamp type of school I totally recommend this school very very strict to strict but the education is good and I liked the christian teaching, also all parents here are very snobish sorry but you dont even get a good mourning out of them as you walk bye sad!!!

I have 2 children at GHBS and they love their school. It feels like a small-town family; the teachers know all of the students and the parents can be as involved as they choose to be. The academics, character, and Bible teaching are top-notch. There may not be a 'perfect' school, but this one comes pretty close, in my opinion.

Last modified Granada Hills Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-6