No rating

First Presbyterian Church Of Granada Hill

Private | K-5 | 129 students

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $510,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,400.

Posted June 24, 2014

We have been a family at First Pres for over 5 years now and we couldn't be happier with our childrens success and growth. The teachers focus on the whole child and developing people ready to be good community members and well rounded, God loving individuals. The school community is composed of families that work hard to lovingly support the chidlren at First Pres.

Posted June 12, 2014

This school has been wonderful for our family. We had 3 children in the school beginning in preschool and have 1 still there. First Pres prepared our older two children well for middle school academically and socially. First Pres provides a very caring, supportive environment in which to grow and learn. The school allowed for strong learning in not only traditional academic subjects, but in areas such as music, computers, drama and foreign language all in a Christian environment. Our children also developed great friendships with their classmates. Teachers and Administration have always been very supportive of our children and their development. We think of the school as a family and would recommend it to everyone!

Posted February 25, 2013

We have had our children at this school for the last 7 years. My daughter started in the toddler class, went through preschool and is now in elementary here. It has been a wonderful experience! It is a smaller family oriented school. The teachers and staff are loving, warm and accessible. Parents are welcome on campus and in the classroom. There is a great community of good families. The school does not tolerate bullying and the kids are encouraged to be kind and supportive of each other. They are educated mentally, spiritually, and physically. There are many after school programs my kids love - art class, karate, and dance, etc. I can't say enough good things about First Pres. I feel they will be well prepared for middle school. It saddens me to see negative reviews, but I guess everyone has their own experience. Ours has been wonderful.

Posted November 13, 2012

Our son attended this school for two years and were extremely happy to remove him. Low end education and poor facilities make me question the future of this school. After attended several meetings with administrators I now understand the disfunction of this school. Do yourself and children a favor and avoid this school

Posted March 22, 2012

I did not feel the sense of community like I do with other schools. Usually at other schools, other mothers go out of their way to make you and your child feel welcome. Most mothers kept to themselves. I also think that it does not do a good job of blending children with different personalities. My child is very boisterous, confident, active and energetic. I found that their class did not encourage children who have the same personality as my child. The class lacked being dynamic and lively.

Posted February 19, 2012

My daughter attends this school and we couldn't be happier. She wakes up every morning eager to start school. The staff is very friendly (I was shocked that other reviews stated otherwise) and always are open to answer any questions and concerns that I may have. I couldn't ask for a better learning environment for my daughter.

Posted February 6, 2012

Our son started at this school when he was 2 years old in a toddler/ mommy and me class and is now in kindergarten. We are so happy with the education and care he is receiving at First Press Weekday School. I am so happy our family found such a perfect place for our son to grow and become the well rounded little boy he is. The teachers are amazing, they offer karate, soccer, dance, art, spanish, bible study, music, and so much more. Most of which is all included in the tuition. I have done my research on other private Christian schools and this one has just as much and more to offer than most and still has a lower cost for tuition. Our daughter is just starting school now also and we are so blessed to have a place our kids can go to that is just as loving, safe and warm as home.

Posted February 3, 2012

My son was at this school for 2 years. We took him out because the school only cares about having the perfect student. The school only wants the perfect child that fits in their great box, no deviations please. Good school but too much pressure on the students! My son is smart but did not fit into their perfect "box". He loved the school but the teachers just treated him differently and he noticed it too! The Principal was just too cold and not caring. No smiles when parents said hi. Just business. Glad we left. The stress was just too thick! Teachers were not accomodating.

Posted November 5, 2011

My review is specifically about the preschool. We attended the school for four years, first with my daughter then my son. During that time, the school changed from a sweet & caring model of developmental teaching, serving local families, to one that was mostly interested in making sure it was part of the exclusive private school pipeline. (Obsession with Chaminade, in particular!) There is a focus now on the bottom line, and it showed in the morale of the teachers, the lack of creative instruction, and poor leadership. I'm glad we left when we did. Not horrible, just average, and not the sweet and caring place it once was.

Posted January 10, 2011

My kids are in high school now. We consider their education at First Pres. to be the very best investment we have made to date to ensure a successful future for them. The study habits and work ethics that they learned at the school have continued to serve them well in high school and beyond. First Pres. kids remain at the top of their classes in middle school and high school. It is a first rate school and a first rate education. Thank you, First Pres. We will always be grateful to you!!!

Posted August 18, 2009

We LOVE First Pres! The teachers are supportive, loving, patient and enthusiastic. They really get to know each child and parent. It feels like a team effort there, as though everyone is working together to give the children the best educational experience possible. The principal and all the staff are very approachable. Any time we've had questions or concerns they have worked with us to find a solution. The teachers speak to each other and all know where your child is on their journey in school and development. Parent involvement is encouraged and there are many opportunities to participate in your child's education. First Pres hosts a lot of extra curricular activities, clubs and assemblies for the kids as well as before and after school care. It has made school a joy for our children and for us as parents.

Posted February 8, 2008

I love this school! First Pres was my life! All the teachers are very nice and kind and always there for your child. The technology is very advanced. When I went into Middle school, I finished the computer program 4 weeks early. I recommend this school to anyone who would like a warm and caring enviroment. This school is like my 2nd home! When your child attends they will know almost everyone and all the kids will grow with a fantastic Christian education. The Christian aspect is not overpowering and does not take over the acedmics. It is simply a way to help you go into middle school with an understanding of how things are. I Llove this school, and everyday I wish I could be back!

Posted May 30, 2007

It is true that this school offers a challenging curriculum but NOT in a nurturing way. It is a beautiful school with lots of wonderful kids and parents. It is true that this school has a wonderful music and computer program and that H.W. is heavy. Your child will spend a lot of time in her/his room.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted May 26, 2006

My children have attended this school since Pre-K but unfortunately we had to leave before my youngest one went to fourth grade. When going to another private Christian school, my children ended up being the first in their classes. This school set the standards so high that it is now difficult to match them.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (818) 832-0295

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious