K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school teaches Christian principles of love, honesty, integrity and fairness. Of which Love should always come first.

My daughter is in Preschool here and I just love this school and the teachers and staff here. They are so loving and are such great examples of a kind and nurturing Christian environment. I drop by a lot and the staff is just so welcoming. It's like one big family. Mrs. McCorkle is doing a fantastic job as the director there and I always chat it up with Alice in the office. I enrolled my daughter here when a friend of mine highly recommended it. She not only had her daughter enrolled but attended the main school as a child herself. They have a garden, children have cooking classes where they all get to help make little goodies, they have extra after school programs like Soccer Shots, Tumble Bees, Spanish, Taekwondo. I researched A LOT of schools from the day she was born until she started here in PreK and this school is a keeper. Such a hidden gem in North Hills!

Wonderful school. The children really learn and enjoy being there. I have many family members who have gone to this school. I feel my little one is safe here.

This school ROCKS!!! We're in our 2nd year of having our little man attend VPS & we love these guys! As Christ followers, we wanted to find an affordable solution that was NOT public school. We were SO BLESSED to find this place. They love the Lord, & challenge him in all other academic areas as well as bible knowledge. This school is a REAL answer to prayer for parents trying to raise godly kids in L.A.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers he's had last year & this are really in tune with our little man! They really are setting him up for success!

Amount of homework: Agree

He's coming home every day with lots of homework & high expectations of completion. We wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The set of values they instill in these kids is AMAZING. Completely biblical and focused on raiding up good citizens in this crazy city.

Our 5 yr old attended the preschool from 3yrs and transitioned to the elementary with ease and excitement. We weren't looking for a religious school but the benefits of the beliefs and morals are apparent at her young age. The administration is very accomodating and understanding and teachers encourage students and recognize each child excelling in their own ways. We love that they value critical input from parents. It's also helpful that our toddler can also attend the preschool and have them close together.

We searched several Christian schools in our area when we were looking to place our son in Kindergarten. Upon touring with the Principal, meeting the teachers, and visiting the classroom, we were VERY impressed; no pretentiousness.. Moreover, our son felt at home right away. Our son is now in 2nd grade and is (still) thriving! The education our child is receiving is "top notch". Additionally, the school gives attention to the "whole child" in that the curriculum is rich with bible lessons, character building and so much more. VPS is a wonderful family. We're blessed to be a part of it.

What other way to hear about the school than from a student. Teachers: Many teachers favorite students and forget about the rest, one teacher is probably too old to be working. Students: VERY unfriendly, many are spoiled and swear even though it is a "Christian School" Lunch Ladies: You can smell the smoke from their cigarettes, they are very mean and force you to eat your food. Acedemic: When I went to my middle school I was prepared, this isn't a school for the gifted though, standards are pretty low. after school: Great actually, they have sports, day care(Not that good tbh). School condition: i wouldnt' call it dirty but its not new. My message: this school leeches the money out of you, you have to pay extra for everything,day care,sports,hot lunch... if you work during school hours, not really a good school, they depend on parents. If you want small classrooms, i guess its a good school. Overall, unless this is your only choice, there are better places out here. Best teachers left '13. hope i helped.

Last modified Valley Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades K-6