Los Angeles, CA

Posted December 04, 2014
Our 5 yr old attended the preschool from 3yrs and transitioned to the elementary with ease and excitement. We weren't looking for a religious school but the benefits of the beliefs and morals are apparent at her young age. The administration is very accomodating and understanding and teachers encourage students and recognize each child excelling in their own ways. We love that they value critical input from parents. It's also helpful that our toddler can also attend the preschool and have them close together.

Posted December 01, 2014
We searched several Christian schools in our area when we were looking to place our son in Kindergarten. Upon touring with the Principal, meeting the teachers, and visiting the classroom, we were VERY impressed; no pretentiousness.. Moreover, our son felt at home right away. Our son is now in 2nd grade and is (still) thriving! The education our child is receiving is "top notch". Additionally, the school gives attention to the "whole child" in that the curriculum is rich with bible lessons, character building and so much more. VPS is a wonderful family. We're blessed to be a part of it.

Valley Presbyterian School 2

Posted December 04, 2013
What other way to hear about the school than from a student. Teachers: Many teachers favorite students and forget about the rest, one teacher is probably too old to be working. Students: VERY unfriendly, many are spoiled and swear even though it is a "Christian School" Lunch Ladies: You can smell the smoke from their cigarettes, they are very mean and force you to eat your food. Acedemic: When I went to my middle school I was prepared, this isn't a school for the gifted though, standards are pretty low. after school: Great actually, they have sports, day care(Not that good tbh). School condition: i wouldnt' call it dirty but its not new. My message: this school leeches the money out of you, you have to pay extra for everything,day care,sports,hot lunch... if you work during school hours, not really a good school, they depend on parents. If you want small classrooms, i guess its a good school. Overall, unless this is your only choice, there are better places out here. Best teachers left '13. hope i helped.

Posted July 19, 2013
I attended VPS from 3 months old to 6th grade. I not only had a great education but was instilled with morals that have been a huge part of who I am today. My son is now 8 and attending VPS. I wouldn't even consider another school to help guide my son and form a strong foundation for his future.

Posted July 17, 2013
I currently have 2 of my children in this school. Let me begin by saying that this is not a perfect school but is there really one? The staff are truely dedicated and highly qualified.They are credentialed as well. Most importantly, they love the Lord and pray for each boy and girl that they may choose to dedicate their lives to God. This school has many activities through out the year to encourage the children to get involve in what they like. Some of the activities are sports, cheerleading, Honor Choir, Sign Language, Spanish and much more. Some of these activities begin in Pre-K. I pray that God continues to use these wonferful teachers to instill in our children God's love. I also pray that you seek God's guidance to choose the right school.

Posted July 16, 2013
I have been at Valley Pres for 12 years and I have served on the PTF board for 3 yrs and I consider it my 2nd home! I have been blessed and very pleased there. While the staff is caring and wonderful you can see they're love for Christ and the children. My son attended from 3 yrs-5th grade and was accepted to a prestigious College Prep school for middle school, only because of the curriculum and academics Valley Pres offers. They also offer many extra-curricular activities; after school sports, sign language, science club, choir, music, cheerleading, speech meets, Art classes, piano festivals, field trips, Washington DC, Sacramento trips, craft classes, student council and the list goes on. Although we may not have a gym the staff does the best they can to keep the kids cool during hot days, but what it lacks it makes up in other areas. My daughter is currently in 3rd grade and is truly happen as are we. God has truly blessed us with an affordable Christ-centered school.

Valley Presbyterian School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I was a student at VPS in 2008-2010 for 4th and 5th grade. I loved Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Casillas, they were outstanding! The principle was strict and kind-hearted which made the students have more discipline. I didn't care much for the kids that were in my grade but I really liked the school itself with the teachers and faculty.

Posted June 11, 2013
I disagree with the parent below, infact many parents are Very pleased with VPS. The school is fair to each child, in the many years of sending my children to this school, never have I seen anything political. They have always welcomed me as a parent on campus. The school provides a loving, and safe environment, where the campus has iron gates with a key card entry security system because they consider the safety of the children first. The administration and teachers have always been helpful, outstanding professionals, and dress appropriately. I have been to many Chapel times and have watched the children as they sang and praised the Lord, it s a time of Worship. They study the word of God during classroom. They don t have an indoor gym, but I see many grades doing their physical education class together at first period in the morning when the weather is cooler. The children love the new outdoor play yard with shade.You are always aware of what your child is learning because the teacher sends home all their classroom work. It is a good medium sized school with smaller class sizes, and preschool/infant daycare in a separate building on the same campus.I highly recommend to everyone!

Valley Presbyterian School 1

Posted June 10, 2013
We had a horrible experience along with other parents who were just finishing the year until a better alternative could be found. The school is very political. It is sort of like a prison, as parents presence are not really welcomed there. It is does NOT have a gym so in the days of extreme whether (which is most of the time in the Valley) they have to stay in class. This is horrible for the kids that have to get their wiggles out. They bathrooms are really gross too, they stink! They are Christian by name only, as the conduct of the administration is very unprofessional, political, and the staff dresses too immodest. I would not recommend this school to anyone. This is a glorified public school. The way the school is ran, you would be best to send your kids to public school and save your money. At least there, you will have more of a say and awareness of your child's educations. Chapel- they use chapel time to talk about school announcements and not about the word of God. Oh yes, they have a no refund policy, so pay month to month if you decide you want to try out the school- which I recommend you DON'T!

Posted March 19, 2008
My one child currently is attending VPS. My other child has already graduated. We have had a wonderful experience there. The fine art programs are wonderful and adds to the academic programs. The children are taught how to do oral presentations so the fear of public speaking is deminished. Overall, we have been very happy.

Valley Presbyterian School
9240 Haskell Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  91343
Last modified Valley Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Valley Presbyterian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top