Posted July 19, 2013
I attended VPS from 3 months old to 6th grade. I not only had a great education but was instilled with morals that have been a huge part of who I am today. My son is now 8 and attending VPS. I wouldn't even consider another school to help guide my son and form a strong foundation for his future.

Posted July 17, 2013
I currently have 2 of my children in this school. Let me begin by saying that this is not a perfect school but is there really one? The staff are truely dedicated and highly qualified.They are credentialed as well. Most importantly, they love the Lord and pray for each boy and girl that they may choose to dedicate their lives to God. This school has many activities through out the year to encourage the children to get involve in what they like. Some of the activities are sports, cheerleading, Honor Choir, Sign Language, Spanish and much more. Some of these activities begin in Pre-K. I pray that God continues to use these wonferful teachers to instill in our children God's love. I also pray that you seek God's guidance to choose the right school.

Posted July 16, 2013
I have been at Valley Pres for 12 years and I have served on the PTF board for 3 yrs and I consider it my 2nd home! I have been blessed and very pleased there. While the staff is caring and wonderful you can see they're love for Christ and the children. My son attended from 3 yrs-5th grade and was accepted to a prestigious College Prep school for middle school, only because of the curriculum and academics Valley Pres offers. They also offer many extra-curricular activities; after school sports, sign language, science club, choir, music, cheerleading, speech meets, Art classes, piano festivals, field trips, Washington DC, Sacramento trips, craft classes, student council and the list goes on. Although we may not have a gym the staff does the best they can to keep the kids cool during hot days, but what it lacks it makes up in other areas. My daughter is currently in 3rd grade and is truly happen as are we. God has truly blessed us with an affordable Christ-centered school.

Valley Presbyterian School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I was a student at VPS in 2008-2010 for 4th and 5th grade. I loved Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Casillas, they were outstanding! The principle was strict and kind-hearted which made the students have more discipline. I didn't care much for the kids that were in my grade but I really liked the school itself with the teachers and faculty.

Posted June 11, 2013
I disagree with the parent below, infact many parents are Very pleased with VPS. The school is fair to each child, in the many years of sending my children to this school, never have I seen anything political. They have always welcomed me as a parent on campus. The school provides a loving, and safe environment, where the campus has iron gates with a key card entry security system because they consider the safety of the children first. The administration and teachers have always been helpful, outstanding professionals, and dress appropriately. I have been to many Chapel times and have watched the children as they sang and praised the Lord, it s a time of Worship. They study the word of God during classroom. They don t have an indoor gym, but I see many grades doing their physical education class together at first period in the morning when the weather is cooler. The children love the new outdoor play yard with shade.You are always aware of what your child is learning because the teacher sends home all their classroom work. It is a good medium sized school with smaller class sizes, and preschool/infant daycare in a separate building on the same campus.I highly recommend to everyone!

Valley Presbyterian School 1

Posted June 10, 2013
We had a horrible experience along with other parents who were just finishing the year until a better alternative could be found. The school is very political. It is sort of like a prison, as parents presence are not really welcomed there. It is does NOT have a gym so in the days of extreme whether (which is most of the time in the Valley) they have to stay in class. This is horrible for the kids that have to get their wiggles out. They bathrooms are really gross too, they stink! They are Christian by name only, as the conduct of the administration is very unprofessional, political, and the staff dresses too immodest. I would not recommend this school to anyone. This is a glorified public school. The way the school is ran, you would be best to send your kids to public school and save your money. At least there, you will have more of a say and awareness of your child's educations. Chapel- they use chapel time to talk about school announcements and not about the word of God. Oh yes, they have a no refund policy, so pay month to month if you decide you want to try out the school- which I recommend you DON'T!

Posted March 19, 2013
Our son is in Kindergarten at VPS and truly loves it. We have been very happy with the curriculum and the teacher, principal and staff are top notch and wonderful. Their emphasis is on character building, Godly principles and mentorship. I know alot of happy parents there so I have reason to believe the other grades are doing just as well. We hope to have our son at VPS through his entire elementary education.

Posted March 19, 2008
My one child currently is attending VPS. My other child has already graduated. We have had a wonderful experience there. The fine art programs are wonderful and adds to the academic programs. The children are taught how to do oral presentations so the fear of public speaking is deminished. Overall, we have been very happy.

Posted March 30, 2007
My children attend VPS and we are so blessed to have them in a school with teachers and staff who not only educate them, but also who love them and teach them about the love of Christ. The education they receive is well above a public education. Our children are getting a valuable well-rounded education that is rare to find! My children love Valley Pres and look forward to school each day. We love taking them to school and having the confidence that they are safe and loved while at school. I would highly recommend Valley Pres!

Posted March 26, 2007
My children attend VPS and they love it. We are fairly new to the school in our 2nd year and have found it to be very nuturing, fun, acedemic and overall a good school. The teachers are under paid for what they do as with all christian schools and they still seem to pull it all together quit well. The school lacks a little in parent involvement and it is still a great education to help prepare these students for middle school and high school. I hope we continue to be this blessed in our future here at VPS.

Valley Presbyterian School
9240 Haskell Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  91343
Last modified Valley Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Valley Presbyterian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top