Posted September 11, 2014
We have been very happy at Valley School. Our son needed a structured environment like this one, and so far he is thriving here (he is in TK). His teacher, Mrs. Popowich, is outstanding. She is firm, but also warm, and really looks out for the kids individually. She's been working with us on our son's issues, and he is doing things academically that we thought he was many months away from accomplishing. We have also loved the Principal, Mr. Haddad, and his summer camp preschool teacher, Miss Kathy -- really everyone we've encountered there has been lovely. And while they take schoolwork and behavior seriously, there's a nice non-alarmist vibe that has been very refreshing and welcome to us.

Valley School?Individual Train 2

Posted August 11, 2014
This is a very mediocre private school. Save your money, it is not worth the tuition.

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a wonderful place! The academics are superb, the principal amazing and the families are wonderful! I know my child is surrounded by wonderful teachers who care and other children who come from good families and this matters a lot. There are many after school enrichment classes and many events and activities to take part in. This is our oasis in Van Nuys!

Posted September 10, 2013
We are so happy at Valley once again! Our children are flourishing as usual. There is no better feeling when your children run out of your car every morning, looking forward to their day. My daughter and son are challenged daily. There are even more enrichment classes this year including a new drama program which makes us so happy! The school keeps getting better and better!

Posted September 09, 2013
Amazing school. The curriculum by far surpasses other schools. The level of education this school provides is off the charts. The kids are a grade level ahead of everyone else. I couldn't imagine going to another school. Best choice made to move schools. VERY family oriented. Everyone is so down to earth, and friendly. All schools should be like this. Small classes, P.E. everyday, Art, Music, Computers, Spanish, Drama, etc.. The parent involvement is wonderful. A+++++

Posted August 18, 2013
Hidden gem in the valley. Excellent academics, great teachers, nice kids. Offer spanish already at the elementary school level, art,PE and computers. Lots of afterschool enrichment options. Small class size. Warm and nurturing environment. Newly renovated gymnasium and pool. Graduates get accepted to prestigious high schools. The principal (Mr. Haddad) is extremely involved and caring. Wonderful school. We are excited to be part of the Valley school community!

Posted July 26, 2013
I have two children at Valley. One going into TK and one going into 3rd. I am thrilled with the education they are both receiving. My daughter was in a summer program at another private school in the area where she was moved to 4th/5th grade math and science because she was so far ahead of the others in her 3rd grade class. My 4 year old son was barely speaking in Sept. and is now able to speak complete sentences, do very simple math, write letters, numbers and his name. The school is a very close community with really wonderful people who care a lot about their children's education. There are tons of opportunities to get involved and while there are many fundraisers, there is no pressure to take part. People give what they can. I am very active in the PTA and all the parents involved are amazing and really make a difference with their efforts. Mr. Haddad is truly an amazing principal & person who is warm and welcoming. He cares about each and every child and you feel that immediately. The gym floor was redone and the pool resurfaced this year and I know that there are plans to redo the library and computer center. It is truly a wonderful place to have your children!

Valley School?Individual Train 1

Posted July 20, 2013
My daughter attended Valley School and got a great education from wonderful and memorable teachers. In the years the school has been open, there have NEVER been improvements to the grounds! The administration refuses to pay for anything. ANY improvements made are done so by parent/outside donations. The principal tries to do what he can but has his hands tied by the owners. The teachers make NOMINAL pay and have not had raises in YEARS! Where did my money go, if not to improvement for my daughter's education???

Valley School?Individual Train 3

Posted July 15, 2013
My child is in seventh grade. We have been here since TK and have been frustrated as the school as gone down hill over the last couple of years. Many quality teachers have left for greener pastures and have been replaced by inferior teachers. Many times another teacher takes over the curriculum of the departed... sadly, even if there heart is in it, they are unqualified to teach a particular subject. The general conditions are a good indicator of the rest of the school. Complaining about the teachers or curriculum falls on deaf ears or devolves into the administration becoming very defensive about said individual. Constructive criticism is not wanted or encouraged. This is the first time on this site and I find it odd that any negative comment is immediately countered by a review addressing them point by point... Why not address the concerns, and fix them with better staff and up-to-date equipment?

Valley School?Individual Train 4

Posted July 13, 2013
Valley School is a true community. The principal, teachers, and parents all work together to ensure the students receive a high quality education. The passion the teachers have for teaching is evident, with many teachers staying long hours after school to provide additional support for their students, or to attend fundraisers, sporting events, etc. The class sizes are really small, so I know my son is getting individualized attention. My son has loved his time at Valley! If you're going to let one negative person who has the time to write multiple poor reviews that focus on made up or insignificant details sway your decision, then Valley School may not be right for you. I saw a roach once in the STAFF lounge, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my son's education. UCLA is known for the squirrels around campus, but that hasn't stopped it from being the most applied to university in world... The priority is on making sure the students get the attention they need to succeed in school, not on the "social status" that comes from being a part of the Valley School family. If you want teachers who are incredibly passionate, and a great education for your child, then join us! :)

Valley School?Individual Train
15700 Sherman Way, Los Angeles, CA  91406
Last modified Valley School?Individual Train is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Valley School?Individual Train Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top