K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most teachers seem to be very qualified and caring individuals. All students are different and have different needs, and it seems teachers have been trained and are aware of how to meet those different needs. My daughter loves this school and my other daughter still talks about Pilibos as the best days of her life even after graduating so many years ago.

I cannot say enough how great this school is! My kids love it! They come home with a positive attitude and always strive to do more for their teachers and their school, essentially doing more for themselves!

We have two kids attending elementary school, and we have been happy with the school so far. We chose Pilibos because it allows our children to learn Armenian language and stay true to their roots while getting an outstanding education in all disciplines. The principal is an amazing woman full of energy and passion for her school. I have never seen any kids to love their school principal as much as they love her! I must admit though that our kids did not go to Pilibos preschool because we did not like it during the interview. It's a shame that Pilibos is associated with that little run down preschool across the street with a very substandard curriculum. However, you cannot review Pilibos school based on that preschool. It's not fair because the school itself has a very creative and competitive curriculum, very bright teachers, and it is definitely reflected in the accomplishments of the students!

Hello. I am a student that does not attend to pilibos but to another Armenian school named chamlian. The school that I attend to is the same as a pilibos they are like sister schools. Pilibos is a very good school with high education standards, and knowledges teachers I do not think that it right to all the complainers out there to complain about pilibos. Yes maybe your children might not speak Armenian during lunch or Armenian but guess what this is America not Armenia but your children do speak Armenian during Armenian classes just like my school. Again I haven't gone to the school but I will be attending it and also almost everyone in my family has gone there. So If you're going to complain about pilibos I recommend you to try finding a better school and then talk.

the principle is very unorganized and 2 faced. she does not meet her qualifications and that is jeopardizing the schools reputation. her actions and hypocritic. also, the staff is very stubborn to understand your point of view on things and always determines that there thoughts are always the correct one.

It's a shame that this school did not meet my expectations. I really wanted my kids to thrive here, but because of the unorganized administration and the I don't care attitude of the staff, I'll be sending my kids to a different Armenian school next year. Complaining about certain issues at the school to the administration doesn't get you anywhere. They just tell you something will be done, but nothing is done. Such a shame parents are not listened to on important issues.

By the way this is a student who has been going to Pilibos since preschool and I'm going to 7th grade now. I see kids and they pretend not to care in Armenian class and think that ,oh they are so ''cool" that they don't do homework. I mean at least show some interest and effort during class time. And a whole lot of people complain that there is too much homework, when in reality there isn't that much! They are only exaggerating! They don't even try to complete a quarter of that. Teachers, well I like them. They pretty much all are very nice if you respect them, that is why there might seem to be favoritism toward the "smart" students...Well you can't blame the ones who actually work... :D

let me first begin with the students. To all of you who are complaining about the so called terrible teachers who don't teach anything and how they do not cooperate with the students unless the parents get involved...... I have one thing to say GROW UP! These teachers are preparing you for the real world , guess what when you go to college or the work force no professor or boss is going to explain to you how to do your job or homework you are given the basics and the tools and the rest is up to you.Oh and by the way the teachers don't need to cooperate with you , it is the other way around!!!!!!! Now to all those parents that expect their kids to get As without putting in any effort I wish you all good luck because you are raising loosers.

As a graduated student from this school I can firmly state that it has given me a proper education and has placed me above my peers in college. I have passed all my required tests and have a good foundation for college. As a past elementary student I can vividly remember the favoritism that teachers may have had, two teachers come to mind in particular, but the education was still taught properly and with high standards. Progressing through middle school and high school favoritism was non-exisitant. Teachers became friends and mentors who I will remeber for the rest of my life. I do recomend this school. As for parents who think that their kids will speak Armenian all the time you may as well forget about it. Armenian is spoken only in Armenian classes. You have three options send your kids to AYF or an Armenian scouts or move to Armenia.

I think that this school is wonderfull! people dont like it so much because they think teachers arent so strict but i think if u play with the childs emotians alot and put stress it wont be good so i myself keep a tight leash on the teachers as well as my daughter but i dont stress anyone out.!

Last modified Alex Pilibos Armenian is a Private school that serves grades K-12