Posted May 12, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Heritage Christian School! My son came to Heritage at the second semester of his 2nd grade year. We had found out that he had an auditory processing deficit and needed some accommodations. Heritage has been wonderful to work with! The teachers believe in my son and have enabled him to thrive! His grades, work habits and behavior are all excellent and I believe that it's a result of the teachers and administration taking the time to get to know my child and encouraging him to be successful in everything he does. I am forever grateful and thankful for Heritage Christian School.

Heritage Christian School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
This School is very well designed for adults, not children!! Children are being controlled by fear.They are not allowed to run in the playground, and in class they have this peculiar system of marking for all students to see.(My child has perfect behavior but everyday she came home with a red mark).When I confronted the teacher abut it she said that my child gets red marks not because she misbehaves(even though the letter clearly states that the markings are used only for behavioral issues),but because she is not following orders quickly enough.Some examples :She took out wrong book,she began writing on the 2nd line instead of the first, and so on absolute nonsense.Well, I tried talking to a teacher about this problem, big mistake.They are so closed minded; they only think one way, and they expect your child to be this obedient robot by rubbing in this respect for authority (teachers) without questioning reason and logic.I do agree that our children needs to be taught respect others,but teachers and staff should set the example and respect kids,parents and their co-workers, which I did not see happening at this school.Likely enough I found CONCORDIA SCHOOL IN GRANADA HILLS,

Heritage Christian School 3

Posted January 14, 2013
The teachers at the school are truly wonderful. However, it would appear that the school is not a good fit for all students. I enrolled my child here from public school to repeat the 5th grade (although he had graduated 5th grade in public school) to provide him a better opportunity with Christian values. While he never had any problems with other students in pucblic school, students here continually complained about my child to teachers. My child picked things up here from apparently long time students at the school that he had never learned in public school. When he repeated what he learned, complaints were made. Even when he was the person against whom a wrong was committed, when a student mentioned that "in the past" my child had made an inappropriate comment, it was my child who was suspended. I truly felt he was treated by other students as an "outsider", eventually forcing me to withdraw him from the school. My child is not perfect and, unfortunately, models other kids behavior. However, it was other behavior I had envisioned him modeling. Sadly, I have seen more grace extended in the world than I did at this Christian school.

Heritage Christian School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
I am surprised by the reviews. I had a much different experience. I was a student here. My experience at this school lowered my self-confidence. Now that I am in college, my confidence is starting to come back. Do not go to this school.

Posted December 28, 2011
I love everything about this school. My children are academically challenged and motivated to learn! They love being at school. The teachers care and support the students. They maintain excellent communication with the parents. I look forward to all the changes coming up in the next years. Most importantly my children are learning to love the Lord.

Posted November 11, 2011
High School is great. The course offerings are balanced from AP Calculus to Drama. There are so many opportunities for students to pursue interests whether sports, music, academics...The staff are warm and caring.

Posted October 30, 2011
As a mother of two elementary aged girls, I have been amazed with the development I have seen in them, both academically and spiritually. Thos school does an amazing job of caring for each individual student. There are many opportunities for parents and students to get involved. It has become our second family and we couldn't be happier with the decision to send our daughters to Hillcrest!

Posted May 19, 2011
This school is amazing! They respect the Lord and love each other! The teachers are so sweet and they love their students! I totally reccomend this school for you!

Posted March 23, 2011
My child has attended this school and we adore it here! After sending her here we Immediately saw an improvement in her grades! She came home happy every night telling us how good school was today. She always has a smile on her face when she comes home! We love it there! I truly recommend this school.

Posted December 11, 2010
I have 2 boys currently attending this school. They came from a small private school, and since my oldest so is entering 9th grade, going to a bigger school would only help him become a better student and person. The requirements were easy to accomplish. The communication between school and parents is excellent. The staff are very professional, caring and non-judgemental. The environment is "family-like." It is very hard for me to read the negative posts about this school because it is just the opposite. This school provides academic excellence, opportunity for international studies, and most importantly, the ability to open your children's hearts to know God our Savior is probably the best gift a parent could ever give their children. This school is GREAT!!!!

Heritage Christian School
17531 Rinaldi Street, Los Angeles, CA  91344
Last modified Heritage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Heritage Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top