K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have a dual roll here at Heritage. First, I am a parent of a student that went through the transition years here at Heritage South Campus. I am grateful that the property is still furthering Christian education and not condos. The school did everything possible to meld two unique campuses together. Heritage is reaching and educating our students so they are ready for those top colleges. My daughter, an HCS graduate, will be graduating from one of our Southern California universities in the spring! Secondly, I became a staff member in 2012 on the North campus. I wanted to be a part of their mission of educating the whole child; spiritually, socially, emotionally, as well as academically. We understand that each child is unique, and is blessed with different talents and skill sets. We do our best to encourage academic growth in our students. This year we have added preschool to our campus, which has been great for families with older and younger children. Come check us out!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have a Discover program in place for those students that have learning differences.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We feel very strongly about teaching positive character traits that honor God, our parents as well as teachers and fellow students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of our staff caries a California Teaching Credential, ACSI certification, and master's degrees. We are required to keep up with current educational practices.

Our child has been attending Heritage since kindergarten and she is now in 3rd grade. We appreciate the love and care that the school and it's ataff provide along with their excellent teachings. My child continues to thrIve academically and spiritually each year. We are blessed to be part of the school family.

This is our child's third year at Heritage Christian and we are extremely pleased. We're impressed with the academic strength of the school. They continue to re-evaluate and add new curriculum/programs. For example, in the fall of 2015, HCS added the new top ranking "Singapore Math" curriculum in the Elementary system (a top ranking program in an international assessment of student math achievement, called the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study - TIMSS.) This is just one example. We've also observed each of the teachers going above and beyond the call of duty, offering supplemental programs to help their students thrive ... it could be a book club to develop better reading comprehension, supplemental math initiatives inside & outside of the classroom, online exercises, the addition of an awesome elementary school robotics club, etc. And, as the parents of a natural introvert, we also appreciate the school's natural way of teaching the kids the art of public speaking from Kinder, on. Our child has no issues speaking in a public setting ... in fact, our child thrived in his first speech meet last year, something that truly blew our minds. In addition to the academics, the school also has an excellent music and art program. For example, beginning in Kindergarten, the children learn about Monet and Van Gogh. Not only do they learn the story behind the artist, but they also roll up their sleeves and practice the various techniques of the artists. No school is perfect (not a single one), but we appreciate the fact that the school is reassessing the curriculum for academic strength. And setting academics aside for a moment, we are absolutely thrilled with the core values our child is learning, as they learn about reverence for God, respect for others, and responsibility for personal words & actions. All of these core values will take the children far in life. As parents with high academic expectations, we can see Heritage Christian is training future young leaders who will excel in life both personally and professionally! We highly recommend the school!

Although better than most public schools, Heritage Christian School is garbage academic wise. Academics is all that matters in school yet HCS does not take academics seriously. Instead, they put their efforts into sports and religion. There is a reason this school has not sent a student to the Ivy League in over 5 years. Oaks Christian, which only costs 5k more in tuition, sent 15 students to the Ivy League last year. Take note Heritage, why not look at Oaks and see what they are doing right? They are now bringing middle school over to the high school campus to make more money. The high school campus is already over crowded but they only care about money. The faculty is mediocre, yes there are some great teachers ( Mr. Crawford, Mrs. Leon, Mrs. Hild) but the majority belong in public school.This school has potential but it is tarnished by bad decisions by the administration.Kids curse in front of teachers and nothing is done.This is the joke of all private schools as many people say. Unless your only focus is religion and sports, look for another school. There is a reason our average SAT score is 1575, but no one seems to give a damn.

I absolutely LOVE Heritage Christian School! My son came to Heritage at the second semester of his 2nd grade year. We had found out that he had an auditory processing deficit and needed some accommodations. Heritage has been wonderful to work with! The teachers believe in my son and have enabled him to thrive! His grades, work habits and behavior are all excellent and I believe that it's a result of the teachers and administration taking the time to get to know my child and encouraging him to be successful in everything he does. I am forever grateful and thankful for Heritage Christian School.

This School is very well designed for adults, not children!! Children are being controlled by fear.They are not allowed to run in the playground, and in class they have this peculiar system of marking for all students to see.(My child has perfect behavior but everyday she came home with a red mark).When I confronted the teacher abut it she said that my child gets red marks not because she misbehaves(even though the letter clearly states that the markings are used only for behavioral issues),but because she is not following orders quickly enough.Some examples :She took out wrong book,she began writing on the 2nd line instead of the first, and so on absolute nonsense.Well, I tried talking to a teacher about this problem, big mistake.They are so closed minded; they only think one way, and they expect your child to be this obedient robot by rubbing in this respect for authority (teachers) without questioning reason and logic.I do agree that our children needs to be taught respect others,but teachers and staff should set the example and respect kids,parents and their co-workers, which I did not see happening at this school.Likely enough I found CONCORDIA SCHOOL IN GRANADA HILLS,

The teachers at the school are truly wonderful. However, it would appear that the school is not a good fit for all students. I enrolled my child here from public school to repeat the 5th grade (although he had graduated 5th grade in public school) to provide him a better opportunity with Christian values. While he never had any problems with other students in pucblic school, students here continually complained about my child to teachers. My child picked things up here from apparently long time students at the school that he had never learned in public school. When he repeated what he learned, complaints were made. Even when he was the person against whom a wrong was committed, when a student mentioned that "in the past" my child had made an inappropriate comment, it was my child who was suspended. I truly felt he was treated by other students as an "outsider", eventually forcing me to withdraw him from the school. My child is not perfect and, unfortunately, models other kids behavior. However, it was other behavior I had envisioned him modeling. Sadly, I have seen more grace extended in the world than I did at this Christian school.

Last modified Heritage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8