K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted January 22, 2016
This is our child's third year at Heritage Christian and we are extremely pleased. We're impressed with the academic strength of the school. They continue to re-evaluate and add new curriculum/programs. For example, in the fall of 2015, HCS added the new top ranking "Singapore Math" curriculum in the Elementary system (a top ranking program in an international assessment of student math achievement, called the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study - TIMSS.) This is just one example. We've also observed each of the teachers going above and beyond the call of duty, offering supplemental programs to help their students thrive ... it could be a book club to develop better reading comprehension, supplemental math initiatives inside & outside of the classroom, online exercises, the addition of an awesome elementary school robotics club, etc. And, as the parents of a natural introvert, we also appreciate the school's natural way of teaching the kids the art of public speaking from Kinder, on. Our child has no issues speaking in a public setting ... in fact, our child thrived in his first speech meet last year, something that truly blew our minds. In addition to the academics, the school also has an excellent music and art program. For example, beginning in Kindergarten, the children learn about Monet and Van Gogh. Not only do they learn the story behind the artist, but they also roll up their sleeves and practice the various techniques of the artists. No school is perfect (not a single one), but we appreciate the fact that the school is reassessing the curriculum for academic strength. And setting academics aside for a moment, we are absolutely thrilled with the core values our child is learning, as they learn about reverence for God, respect for others, and responsibility for personal words & actions. All of these core values will take the children far in life. As parents with high academic expectations, we can see Heritage Christian is training future young leaders who will excel in life both personally and professionally! We highly recommend the school!

Posted January 06, 2015
Although better than most public schools, Heritage Christian School is garbage academic wise. Academics is all that matters in school yet HCS does not take academics seriously. Instead, they put their efforts into sports and religion. There is a reason this school has not sent a student to the Ivy League in over 5 years. Oaks Christian, which only costs 5k more in tuition, sent 15 students to the Ivy League last year. Take note Heritage, why not look at Oaks and see what they are doing right? They are now bringing middle school over to the high school campus to make more money. The high school campus is already over crowded but they only care about money. The faculty is mediocre, yes there are some great teachers ( Mr. Crawford, Mrs. Leon, Mrs. Hild) but the majority belong in public school.This school has potential but it is tarnished by bad decisions by the administration.Kids curse in front of teachers and nothing is done.This is the joke of all private schools as many people say. Unless your only focus is religion and sports, look for another school. There is a reason our average SAT score is 1575, but no one seems to give a damn.

Posted May 12, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Heritage Christian School! My son came to Heritage at the second semester of his 2nd grade year. We had found out that he had an auditory processing deficit and needed some accommodations. Heritage has been wonderful to work with! The teachers believe in my son and have enabled him to thrive! His grades, work habits and behavior are all excellent and I believe that it's a result of the teachers and administration taking the time to get to know my child and encouraging him to be successful in everything he does. I am forever grateful and thankful for Heritage Christian School.

Posted September 26, 2013
This School is very well designed for adults, not children!! Children are being controlled by fear.They are not allowed to run in the playground, and in class they have this peculiar system of marking for all students to see.(My child has perfect behavior but everyday she came home with a red mark).When I confronted the teacher abut it she said that my child gets red marks not because she misbehaves(even though the letter clearly states that the markings are used only for behavioral issues),but because she is not following orders quickly enough.Some examples :She took out wrong book,she began writing on the 2nd line instead of the first, and so on absolute nonsense.Well, I tried talking to a teacher about this problem, big mistake.They are so closed minded; they only think one way, and they expect your child to be this obedient robot by rubbing in this respect for authority (teachers) without questioning reason and logic.I do agree that our children needs to be taught respect others,but teachers and staff should set the example and respect kids,parents and their co-workers, which I did not see happening at this school.Likely enough I found CONCORDIA SCHOOL IN GRANADA HILLS,

Heritage Christian School 3

Posted January 14, 2013
The teachers at the school are truly wonderful. However, it would appear that the school is not a good fit for all students. I enrolled my child here from public school to repeat the 5th grade (although he had graduated 5th grade in public school) to provide him a better opportunity with Christian values. While he never had any problems with other students in pucblic school, students here continually complained about my child to teachers. My child picked things up here from apparently long time students at the school that he had never learned in public school. When he repeated what he learned, complaints were made. Even when he was the person against whom a wrong was committed, when a student mentioned that "in the past" my child had made an inappropriate comment, it was my child who was suspended. I truly felt he was treated by other students as an "outsider", eventually forcing me to withdraw him from the school. My child is not perfect and, unfortunately, models other kids behavior. However, it was other behavior I had envisioned him modeling. Sadly, I have seen more grace extended in the world than I did at this Christian school.

Posted January 27, 2012
I am surprised by the reviews. I had a much different experience. I was a student here. My experience at this school lowered my self-confidence. Now that I am in college, my confidence is starting to come back. Do not go to this school.

Posted December 28, 2011
I love everything about this school. My children are academically challenged and motivated to learn! They love being at school. The teachers care and support the students. They maintain excellent communication with the parents. I look forward to all the changes coming up in the next years. Most importantly my children are learning to love the Lord.

Posted November 11, 2011
High School is great. The course offerings are balanced from AP Calculus to Drama. There are so many opportunities for students to pursue interests whether sports, music, academics...The staff are warm and caring.

Posted October 30, 2011
As a mother of two elementary aged girls, I have been amazed with the development I have seen in them, both academically and spiritually. Thos school does an amazing job of caring for each individual student. There are many opportunities for parents and students to get involved. It has become our second family and we couldn't be happier with the decision to send our daughters to Hillcrest!

Posted May 19, 2011
This school is amazing! They respect the Lord and love each other! The teachers are so sweet and they love their students! I totally reccomend this school for you!

Heritage Christian School
17531 Rinaldi Street, Los Angeles, CA  91344
Last modified Heritage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Heritage Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top