K-12|Private
1,117 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter is currently attending this school as a 10th grader. This school academically challenges her, and I feel that our experience with this school has been great so far. She has learned a great deal in her AP and honor courses, and I am thankful for the teachers and staff for offering this academic experience for my daughter. There's only like 8 and 10 students for some classes, so the teachers and students are able to get a better one-on-one experience. The staff members are very friendly and welcoming. Overall, I really recommend this school. I am very satisfied with my decision of sending my daughter here. My daughter has really been enjoying her experience at this school. :-)

We are in elementary school at Campbell Hall and we love it for the most part. The teachers are great, the principal is refreshingly open-minded and approachable, and most important, our children are thriving. My only complaint at this point would be about the parent community. It's been interesting to try to become a part of this community and we have found one or two families that will be life long friends but for the most part we have experienced a lot of gossiping, partying (hard), opportunists, and families that are typical independent school snobs living in a bubble of privilege. We'll have to give our children a real-world experience to prepare them for real life, some other way.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They are about as effective as the school allows. One elementary school teacher shared that their printers were taken away from classrooms as the school wanted to save money and not be wasteful (good in theory). But many teachers had valid needs for printers and when they raised the concern, those that spoke up began to get treated differently by the powers that be.

Amount of homework: Agree

Just right in elementary. But I have heard it can be inconsistent in higher grades.

Develops character: Disagree

I think this has more to do with the family base than the school. If mom and dad are parenting well, the child will appreciate and posses these traits. The school sort of takes a hands off approach, or selective approach, to handling conflict which makes teaching and enforcing integrity, fairness and honesty hard to genuinely model for students. They see the inconsistency so in essence they are taught that all the rules don't apply to everyone.

My elementary school child loves the school and I have to agree that the elementary school teachers have been great. My only issues are that we have witnessed several bullying problems and the school doesn't really address them despite saying they will. It's also been extremely difficult to penetrate the parent association. The same ladies do everything each year and if you don't get in with the group early, you can forget it. Or if the administration doesn't like you, you can forget it. It is very clickish and political that way. We fell in love with the school for everything it stood for and everything they touted when we were looking at school but we are seeing it's not all that it says it is.

Smoke and mirrors. Shiny on the outside but lacking real values once you get to experience the inside especially among the administration and parent volunteer leadership who are hand picked by the controlling administration. Lots of lip service, no real support for teachers, a super detached board that nobody knows, no student or teacher diversity (especially in the lower grades) and a breeding ground for bullies. I wish someone had told me all of this before we decided to go there but the truth is we fell for the schpeal, like a lot of other parents. It really is a sinking ship in need of a major overhaul.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I think the teachers are okay but the problem is they often are not supported or heard by the administration and the board is incredibly aloof to teacher related issues. I understand that thinking because a board shouldn't get caught up in the day to day workings of a school but when things are not functioning correctly, the board is in place to address and resolve issues and grow the schools resources. I think if there were more listening to teachers and their issues and suggestions the school would be much better. They need to assess the handful of teachers that are there because they have been there for years as opposed to because they bring value and they need to recruit more diverse teachers. I am not sure how effective a school can be when they can't teach real-world experiences and examples from a diverse viewpoint that mirrors the world in which we live.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's actually hard to tell because there is such a disparity from year to year, teacher to teacher. There isn't a lot of coordinating between teachers on this and the students feel it from time to time.

Develops character: Disagree

The school administration and board leaders don't model this well so I can only imagine that the students don't absorb real appreciation for these important values.

Last modified Campbell Hall (Episcopal) is a Private school that serves grades K-12