Los Angeles, CA

Posted February 08, 2014
My kids love Los Encinos School. It is a loving, nurturing environment with a creative and challenging curriculum. It is nice to be at a school that puts the children before anything else. This is a place where kids can learn and grow while still being kids.

Posted January 18, 2014
I really can't say anything negative about this school. My son is in Kindergarten and it has been a wonderful experience. The commitment the head of school has to our children far surpasses anything I've seen. She knows and cares about each one. The staff is also a reflection of her attention and commitment to each child. They are constantly updating us on what our kids are doing. My son had an issue, I emailed the teacher, she was back to me the same day with a resolution. Problem solved and they took it seriously, even though it was a minor thing, but big to him. I understand that it is application season, but really, with this school, what you see on the tour is indeed what the school is like. There is such a community here. But first and foremost, a huge commitment to the children who attend here. A truly wonderful school.

Posted January 13, 2014
I can't say anything positive about this place. The head of school is a bureaucrat who is much more interested in raising money and the profile of the school than the children. Truthfully, she has no business being around children because of her caustic temperament. The teachers are very impressed with themselves but I have not seen any creativity or the ability to truly work with kids at different levels. They give a good tour but the academics are sub par and the environment is not very welcoming.

Posted October 15, 2012
I love everything about this school, as do both of my kids that attend. I am constantly overwhelmed by the quality of the academics, but even more so by the quality of the entire community. The Head of School is fantastic. It is a small school with an enormous commitment to the kids. It is a very nurturing and safe environment where kids can be kids. Those that wrote negative comments about this school are definitely in the minority, as parental involvement is phenomenal.

Posted May 12, 2012
Reading the reviews below can be confusing, but let me tell you if you send your child to Los Encinos School there is no way you will ever have anything negative to say. The negativity listed in those reviews must be coming from parents who had their own issues not the true reflection of their children experience while they attended. The school will provide your child a loving, interactive and always evolving start to their education. When we first came to Los Encinos our child was struggling and we were not sure why. Her current school recognized this but instead of addressing it they allowed her to color in place of doing the work. The Los Encinos staff, driven by the head of school, identified our child issues and helped her to virtually complete two years in one to catch up with the rest of her peers. By the time we left the school we had a confident learner. We could not have done it without Los Encinos. Thank you.

Posted May 01, 2012
The Head of School can put on the charm when you tour the school! However, once you get sucked in, you realize that she has created a dictatorship for herself. The $20k+ you spend on your child's tuition allows you nothing more than the right to get a mediocre education! Save yourself the money and the hassle of having poorly educated children with no facilities to use and go public! Our children won't be going back.

Posted April 24, 2012
Los Encinos School provides my son a nurturing environment where the faculty and director treat each child as their own. My son has become more confident and independent in his thinking, and he absolutely loves school. I have found that both children and parents form special bonds and the school community feels like a genuine family. We could not be happier with our experience at Los Encinos, and we are honored to be a part of this amazing school.

Posted April 03, 2012
We pulled our daughters out of the school once we realize that they were getting the bare minimum. From an academic perspective, this school fails to challenge children who have the acumen to move beyond the status quo. The school caters to the lower common denominator. The resources are abysmal for the money they charge - the children play sports on a filthy parking lot on Ventura Blvd! The Head of School only shows serious interest in those who might donate large sums of money, and parents are made to feel like outcasts if they dare to raise any alarm bells. She is not open to questions, suggestions or criticism. There are plenty of other schools that charge a similar amount in tuition where you get far more both academically and resource wise and where parents have a voice in their children s education. Have a good look before you leap!

Posted April 27, 2011
Los Encinos School has been an amazing experience for our family! Our children have grown both academically and socially. The teachers and faculty have created a safe and challenging learning environment, allowing our children to become critical thinkers while becoming advocates for themselves. The administration is approachable, always putting our children first! The community is committed, supportive and friendly. The parent involvement creates a true sense of community, with opportunities to get involved at so many levels. Our children have made life-long friendships, and so have the parents!

Posted July 23, 2009
This is an incredible school and I feel so fortunate to have found a place where my daughter loves to go to school everyday.

Los Encinos School