K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school is pure magic. We did our research and visited many private schools. We found that while some schools may be bigger, fancier and more prestigious than Los Encinos...no school can match it's heart and integrity. What you're getting at Los Encinos is a personal and individulaized educational experience. Your child is respected and valued for his/her distinct qualities which make them exceptional. Not many schools have the time nor the desire to bring out each child's unique thoughts and interests. But Los Encinos prides itself on getting to know the ins and outs of each child. At a smaller school like this, teachers really have the ability to spend one on one time with each student. In looking for a school we wanted more than a place of learning for our child, we hoped for a family environment that our whole family would be a part of. I mean with two kids, we'll be spending 10 years at this school...we wanted it to feel warm and inclusive. What we got in Los Encinos is a true family! The parents are so welcoming and so passionate about their school. There's a way for every type of parent to be involved. Working parents, stay home parents, single parents, grandparents...you name it, everyone lends a hand! And then there's the head of school...she was the main reason we chose Los Encinos. I'm a former educator so I don't say this lightly, but I feel total confidence and trust in her judgement, decision-making and overall philosophy regarding education and child development. She ensures that her school is a place where MEANINGFUL learning is more important than memorizing in order to imporve test scores. She believes in artwork that is ORIGINAL and INSPIRED, rather than cookie cutter. She allows children to have a VOICE and speak their TRUTH, rather than feeding them the words to repeat. She sets the tone for a school that understands that childhood is precious and fleeting...and not a single day of it should be wasted.

Since day one, Los Encinos has welcomed our son with open arms. He has come home with a smile and joy-filled experiences. He continues to blossom each day under the current leadership and caring team of teachers and staff. Without a doubt, we have made the right decision for our child and can't wait to see what lies in store!

I have only had terrible experiences in regards to Los Encinos. The parents there act like they are in high school. Even the woman who runs the school is in everybody's personal business. And don't think the high tuition covers your year, they will call you at your home or office asking for donations, ridiculous. - a parent

My kids and us love everything about this school. It is so nice to be at a school that everyone knows the children before anything else. This is a place where all kids can learn and grow while still being kids. My kids learned to read without noticing it. They just love everything, mostly math and science curriculum.

My kids love Los Encinos School. It is a loving, nurturing environment with a creative and challenging curriculum. It is nice to be at a school that puts the children before anything else. This is a place where kids can learn and grow while still being kids.

I really can't say anything negative about this school. My son is in Kindergarten and it has been a wonderful experience. The commitment the head of school has to our children far surpasses anything I've seen. She knows and cares about each one. The staff is also a reflection of her attention and commitment to each child. They are constantly updating us on what our kids are doing. My son had an issue, I emailed the teacher, she was back to me the same day with a resolution. Problem solved and they took it seriously, even though it was a minor thing, but big to him. I understand that it is application season, but really, with this school, what you see on the tour is indeed what the school is like. There is such a community here. But first and foremost, a huge commitment to the children who attend here. A truly wonderful school.

I can't say anything positive about this place. The head of school is a bureaucrat who is much more interested in raising money and the profile of the school than the children. Truthfully, she has no business being around children because of her caustic temperament. The teachers are very impressed with themselves but I have not seen any creativity or the ability to truly work with kids at different levels. They give a good tour but the academics are sub par and the environment is not very welcoming.

I love everything about this school, as do both of my kids that attend. I am constantly overwhelmed by the quality of the academics, but even more so by the quality of the entire community. The Head of School is fantastic. It is a small school with an enormous commitment to the kids. It is a very nurturing and safe environment where kids can be kids. Those that wrote negative comments about this school are definitely in the minority, as parental involvement is phenomenal.

Reading the reviews below can be confusing, but let me tell you if you send your child to Los Encinos School there is no way you will ever have anything negative to say. The negativity listed in those reviews must be coming from parents who had their own issues not the true reflection of their children experience while they attended. The school will provide your child a loving, interactive and always evolving start to their education. When we first came to Los Encinos our child was struggling and we were not sure why. Her current school recognized this but instead of addressing it they allowed her to color in place of doing the work. The Los Encinos staff, driven by the head of school, identified our child issues and helped her to virtually complete two years in one to catch up with the rest of her peers. By the time we left the school we had a confident learner. We could not have done it without Los Encinos. Thank you.

The Head of School can put on the charm when you tour the school! However, once you get sucked in, you realize that she has created a dictatorship for herself. The $20k+ you spend on your child's tuition allows you nothing more than the right to get a mediocre education! Save yourself the money and the hassle of having poorly educated children with no facilities to use and go public! Our children won't be going back.

Last modified Los Encinos School is a Private school that serves grades K-6