Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 21, 2014
This summer was our child's first schooling experience at Egremont School. Egremont was highly recommended to us by a family whose children already attend the school. They have done an incredible job of providing fun activities and even doing academics during the summer camp. We had opportunity to attend their Open Houses last year and were very impressed by the caliber of work the students were able to do. Everyone was so welcoming, including the Administration and parents. We look forward to seeing our child's continued growth throughout the school year.

Posted June 23, 2014
Egremont is a fantastic school! Each day, my child is challenged to go beyond grade level and the teachers do an amazing job to encourage him to do his very best. We love that they offer classes in technology, P.E., foreign language, and the arts. When I read the negative reviews, I see that they come from a place of wanting to hurt this school, probably because those writing the negative reviews didn't get their way. Beware of those who write such nasty things. I know who some of these people are and trust me when I say I am glad I am not friends with them. Egremont is much stronger without these negative parents. Tour the school, ask whatever questions you have... and you will see that Egremont is a WONDERFUL school!

Posted June 17, 2014
Terrible school! Bad experience.... Beware of what seems amazing on the surface. My child was treated terribly and then we were after I felt the need to remove my child. Your child's social and educational needs will be better served somewhere else!

Posted April 02, 2014
ALL the kids who had left Egremont and enrolled in LAUSD schools have struggled to adjust due to Egremont's outdated and non-challenging curriculum. I'm talking about kids who had scored in the 90s in Sanford tests, not the average student. Assessment tests given in LAUSD are far more challenging! Egremont quality of education: Writing skills-zero, critical thinking in math and problem solving-zero, science-double zeros, social studies-sub zero. I'm not going to discuss all the social issues because Egremont's reputation in this aspect is beyond awful. Don't make the mistake we made with our child. Enroll your kids in LAUSD and you will immediately find out you have made a good decision. Education is the most important gift you can give your child, and a solid elementary foundation is essential for success in middle and high school. Egremont will not give your child this solid foundation, I promise you. Check out LAUSD's curriculum and you'll know what I'm talking about. otherwise, look into other private schools. Brand name doesn't always mean good quality! Good luck to you and to your children!

Posted March 24, 2014
My family and I absolutely LOVE this school! We know our child is getting the best possible education. Egremont offers more than any other school around. It has great academics and includes music, art, drama, computers, Spanish, and P.E. The school invites parents to participate in many fantastic events on the campus. I have met wonderful families at this school. The teachers are very nice and are teaching the students advanced work. The administration is amazing. They work hard to bring the best to the kids at this school and they are always welcoming. They truly care about all of the students and do not allow bullying to take place. The campus is gorgeous and well maintained. I think it is sad that certain parents chose to voice their negative opinions to try to hurt the school. They probably didn't get their way so they are mad. This school will be around for a long time. It is truly a great place for my child to experience the joys of an elementary school experience. There is no "perfect" school. There is always room for improvement anywhere you go. But Egremont is a great place to be and we are proud to be a part of this school!

Posted January 06, 2014
I am surprised this school is still around !! The school education has gone down drastically below standard as compared to other local schools. Teacher quality is just ok and grades are based on favoritism for sure and does not reflect the child's real potential. The 5th grade have only 6 students since everyone else has left. Sadly, bullying goes around without a solution and the principal can not do (or won't) anything about it. Very sad ending for a school that was great till 2010. On other note it remains number 1 for parents social club activities. I advise parents to go elsewhere for the sake of their beloved ones education.

Posted September 04, 2013
My wife and I were lucky to discover this school. Our children were in the "new" LAUSD school. Both classes had approximately 30 children. The LAUSD teacher's primary job was discipline and not teaching or helping good kids thrive. Egremont not only has a solid curriculum, emphasizing reading, writing and math, but also has music, science, art and computers. The teachers work with the kids and the parents to get each child to a high level of learning. If your child falls behind, the Egremont teachers provide after school tutoring at no additional charge! We have been at other private schools, and never have encountered such dedication to students. As to the complaints, any parent that wishes to help and/or participate in the school is not only invited but actually asked to do so. The complaining parents are the ones that put no time into their children's education and expect the other parents to take care of everything. Like anything else in life, you get out of something that which you put in. The school is small, but for elementary age children, that is a huge plus.

Posted August 14, 2013
When we interviewed the school years ago, we were told many lies, one of them being that they were in the process of building a middle school. Jump ahead a few years...no middle school and no plans for one. We were also told they had specialty classes. When our child first started, the only specialty class was Spanish. Tuition increases every year, yet the number of students diminishes. There are *maybe* 100 kids in the entire school. 6 in the 5th grade. How does this prepare the kids for the real world and how does this allow them to have diversity in their friendships? The school is run by a few people, one being the Principal. Parents have no say in anything. If your child is bullied, they shrug it off. One teacher even falsely accuses kids of acting out when that's really not what happened. We took our child out of this "school" and found that LAUSD schools are more advanced academically. So we basically have been paying $15,000 a year for what? Plus, the administration flat out lies. They charge you for everything, even make you buy your own school supplies. LAUSD provides supplies. For $15,000 they can give my kid a notebook and some pencils. Avoid Egremont at all costs.

Posted June 05, 2013
Egrmeont is the best school ever!! You won't find a better elementary school for miles and miles and miles away. The staff/teachers at Egremont are so dedicated to help everybody out. The principles do so much for the school and to the community. The specialty teachers do so much to help the students by teaching them how to draw in art class, learn music, type in computer class, speak spanish in spanish class, and to learn how to do fun yet challenging activities in Physical Education. All the parents are so caring and helpful to the school. This school is absoluetly terrific!! The prinicples at Egremont are so dedicated that they help out at school, but they also help out in the community. I LOVE EGREMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 10, 2013
Egremont is a superb school. I read some of the negative reviews, & I have to say, "Consider the source." When parents say that they had to pull their child out mid year, just remember, there are 2 sides to every story. Egremont works hard to allay any concerns a family may have.Egremont is a safe & caring place with a terrific nurse. Everyone's treated like family. All work together to benefit the child. Dissolving the PTA was a good decision. Many parents were "left out" in wanting to help plan events.That's why committees evolved so all could participate. When it was run by the PTA, many parents who wanted to participate were not allowed in, like it was some special social club. Now everyone has an equal chance to really enhance and create wonderful events at Egremont. You couldn't ask for better teachers, staff, and administrators. You can see there is mutual respect and all get along very well. When you have happy people working at a school, it carries over to the classroom.

Egremont Schools, Inc.