Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 16, 2012
I'm so pleased with the results of my daughter's standardized test scores. She's only in Second Grade but scored on the 4th Grade level for Reading and Math! This is the only school she's attended so I know that they're the reason. Thanks to all of the teachers there my child is proven to be advanced!

Posted November 15, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about this school. I can't believe that there are parents complaining about thier child "being bored" and "old school." Unfortunately, I teach in the public school system which teaches "whole language" instead of phonic. IT DOES NOT WORK. The "old school" method of teaching PHONICS that we all learned as students WORKS. The staff and administration has been all too willing to work with my family and we support them fully. Like the other person said, if your child is "bored" they belong somewhere else. They are likely to be distracting others who want to learn.

Posted November 15, 2012
Great school, excellent staff and administration. My son loves this school especially when he learned how to read! One of the best joys for a father is to experience reading books with his son! Absolutely LOVE this place!

Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. 2

Posted May 24, 2012
My child is bored also, bored in the way she is not being challenged. Yes, this school stresses academics and teaches a lot but the teaching is not creative. The teaching is old school in my opinion. I am a teacher myself and we do not sit kids at a table and force them to color or do worksheets all day. That type of learning is out of date, can get boring for a child, and definitely not creative. So to the last parent, how can a child pay attention if their mind is not being intellectually stimulated? Trust me, I work in education and work with kids all the time, it's time we stop blaming the children and blame the administration and teaching at the school. This school is in no way horrible or bad, I mean, I send my child there, I just think there are better options out there which is why I'm definitely searching for a new school. This school may work for others, and other children, but if you have an active child, with an active curiosity, and love of learning through doing as mine, this school is definitely not for you.

Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. 2

Posted March 14, 2012
My child goes to this school and it has really went down. The school stresses academics so much that children are not allowed to be children. The school is very traditional and uses the same routine every single day. My 4 yr old told me she was bored. A 4yr old bored, that's unheard of. They teach by repetition which can get old very quickly. If I could move my child right now out of the school I would. Look for a more progressive school. Their way of teaching her is out of date.

Posted August 29, 2011
Like most parents in the Los Angeles area, searching for an appropriate preschool was an arduous process. After interviewing with and touring roughly 20 schools, ranging from large, corporate preschools, play-based, to Montessoris, we knew that Busy Bees was where we wanted to send our daughter. Before deciding to enroll our child, we visited BB twice and were impressed both times. A curriculum focused on early learning including zoophonics, and reading, our daughter has been exposed to an array of knowledge and knows how to pronounce several letters of the alphabet. Tasha is not only professional, but also very personable. She keeps an open line of communication with parents during pick up/drop off, and is also very accessible by phone and email. Ultimately, we think it is important for the staff and parents to work together and to continuously communicate. We are very happy with our decision to enroll our daughter at Busy Bees. The atmosphere, teacher/student ratio, teachers' educational and professional credentials, curriculum are precisely what we wanted for our precious only child.

Posted August 27, 2011
One of the best things about Busy Bees IS the staff. Most of them have worked there for many years which means that they love what they do and are really good at it! If I ever had a question or any concerns I could always ask Tasha and she was very responsive. In fact ALL of the staff interactions I've had with the teachers was great! I love this school and I'm glad I was referred there. :)

Posted April 24, 2011
This is a great school. My son and daughter both attend. In Kindergarten, my daughter is reading books that many read in the second grade. Her math skills are great. The teachers are very caring and dedicated. My son is in preschool and loves getting up and going to school every morning. It is a small school and everyone knows everyone else, it is a very friendly and warm environment for my children.

Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. 1

Posted September 09, 2010
This is the most chaotic setting I've ever seen as far as schools go. The teachers are always using raised voices and the children always seem out of control. The teachers also seem to focus day in and out on what your child has problems with, never complimenting their abilities in any way. They greet the parents with negativity right in front of the students. I definately do not reccomend this school. It is not worth the headache or the money.

Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. 1

Posted March 18, 2010

Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc.
1851 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA  90047
Last modified Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. is a Private school that serves grades K-2
Busy Bees Wonderland, Inc. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top