K-3|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter has spent one and a half years in pre-school here so far, and we have loved our experience. The teaching quality and course work have exceeded my expectations -- it's not just playtime. She's now learning to sight read and write the basics. All before Kindergarten. On top of moving ahead academically, she has been exposed to, I feel, great elements of Christian faith like Bible stories, verse memorization, and singing. One other unexpected advantage of this small school environment is the amount of time my daughter has spent up in front of the whole school (in chapel and school pageants/performances). Seems like every couple of weeks, there's an opportunity for kids to stand up in front, which is a life skill I value greatly.

My son has attended 4 years at this school and I am enrolling him in the new fourth grade. Yes, the school had previously closed down its grade school because of building repair issues. However, they have been slowly, year by year, opening up grades K - 4th, opening up a new grade per year. My son has always been loved at this school and has had excellent supervision. There are always plenty of teachers in the yard area or in the lunch area, and my son has never experienced bullying. He has shined at regional speech competitions, art competitions, and has had the lead in several of the school plays. The teachers show Christ like love to the children and care about their well being. My son reads at a six grade level, knows his multiplication tables, is good at division, and has been exposed to some algebra and geometry. He is also able to write book reports with proper sentence and paragraph structure. Ms. McGuire (the third grade teacher) is awesome!

First full school year at CCCS & we absolutely fell in love with it! We moved from a Montessori school & were a little concerned that it would not be up to par, but we couldn't be more thrilled at the level of learning & development my daughter received. Not to mention the nurturing & inviting environment. The parent involvement is huge & there are many activities for the kids & parents to enjoy, which in turns builds great character & confidence within the children. All the faculty & parents know each other. We greet & interact with each other as if we were just one big family. I researched & spoke to various parents, all of which have been there for years & love the school as well. If I had to make a critique, it would be to offer after-school programs (e.g. sports, dance/gymnastics, art, language, etc) so that parents can have an all-inclusive location for their kids to take ex-curricular activities. Also, more fields trips during the regular school year &, from said field trips, some can be education-based (e.g. library trips, science center/museums, fire department trips, etc). Otherwise, Kudos to CCCS & the ZEBRAS - We are looking forward to another year!!

My daughter has been at this school for 2 months and has learned so much already. She is excited to go to school each day and is always happy and excited to show off her work and crafts that are displayed all over the class room. I have had no issues with her crying, not being fed or coming home with a full lunch box. Not sure what teacher and staff members are being represented in the negative reviews but my experience the last 2 months has been simply amazing.

This school is awesome. My daugter has been here for one year. In that time she has grown in the knowledge of Christ and academically. She is in the "Tigers" clas and loves it. There has been no teacher turnaround since we've been here. They have hired more TA'S to assist with the children. For that I am greatful becuase my daughter was moderately hurt once. Other than that it is a gret school, highly recommended. You walk in and feel at home. She loves coming to school, has great days and doesn't want to leave.

i would never recommend this school to any parent, children are not supervised good because they dont have enoph teacher to keep an eye on them, my child would bring home her breakfast every day, they dont care if ur child eats even if they are only 3 yrs old. my openion look around for betters school. Marina early child education is a way better school and they have teacher that are qualified.

Something does not feel right when yr child hang on to u crying when dropped at school every morning for 6 months in a row! One day, the TA complained to me that my child does not follow directions, calling her lazy, and my child standing! I reported this conversation to the school! Nothing was done about it. 2 months later, I arrived at school to see my child getting bullied by 3 boys and none of the TAs was looking. I asked one of the TA, but only to be yelled at that they're not here to babysit, they're not doctors, nurses, they're not here to smell her bottom. I just picked my child and left. I reported again this incident to the school that, again, did not do much. I took my child out this school. My child did tell me every day that she was on time-out often, gets bullied, pushed, kicked in the playground etc. The welfare of the children are overlooked, the school pushes on fund raising more than anything, bullying seems to be not addressed at all. My child is in a different school, now, where she runs to go in every morning and does not want to go home when I pick her up!

Had I listened to the reviews of this school I never would have enrolled my son. This school has zero tolerance for bad behavior (kicking, biting, scratching, hitting, etc). Christian Oriented. This school is expensive, but it's very diverse and I like that. All the teachers are great. They really prepare your child to be in a school atmosphere. All the 2 y/o have their own potty. Ms. Catrina, Ms. Anabel, Mrs. Charla, Mrs. Jennette & Mrs. Nosrat are great. Mrs. Sandi is such a doll. They have student of the week and student of the month. You have to raise $350 per family and do 10 parent hours each year. All kids have the opportunity to shine in a supportive environment. I have never seen any kids displaying inappropriate behavior. In regards to the learning environment, it doesn't seem at all to difficult. I would actually like my son to be challenged a little more, but not to the point where it would make learning a chore or boring. Overall, I really love this school.

I took my children out of this school right before over 50% of it closed down. It is now, as you might know, only a preschool thru 1st grade school. The yard duty aids were horrible. The A Beka cirriculum was overwhelming for the children there. And problems were barely agknowledged! If you want some challenges in your life...this is the perfect school for you and your child!

CCCS is heaven sent! My daughter started attending when she was 3 years old. All of the teachers AND staff are dedicated and go above and beyond. I can t say enough good things about the teachers. My daughter was literally reading by the age of 4 not 4 almost 4 but actually just turning 4 years old. The teachers treat each child as their own and make teaching their priority. You can honestly tell that the teachers are there because teaching is their PASSION. The environment is friendly, loving, caring and nurturing. I truly owe Ms. Winger, Ms. Lorena and Ms. Charla the world! The assistants and office staff are truly wonderful! If you want your child to learn and receive a Christian foundation, this is the place. You will not be disappointed!

Last modified Culver City Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-3