9-12|Private
1,521 students

Bad
Good

Bishop Alemany is a fantastic college predatory school. We love the philosophy of developing a well rounded human being at 'Alemany'. Student take religion classes daily. They parti p t in an iPad program that replaces most books, and can participate in many activities and sports. There is a consistent attitude of respect toward fellow students and a truly academic long term focus for students who are college bound. Our daughter is thriving at Alemany. We left the public school in Valencia, and could bit be happier. This is one great school!

In response to the parent comments made in Nov. 2014, try another school. Hey how about Notre Dame where EVERYTHING is overpriced! You can tell that you have not researched many Catholic schools in the area. Rotten veggies... Really? How petty can you be. I can walk into any school and find some problem with the food. Hope your kid finds that perfect school.

Alemany is a good school, but there are several flaws that I'm seeing in these upcoming school years. First, is that we had to "rent" iPads for $400 dollars, and that a lot of money for some parents. I wasn't mad for that, but actually excited for my son to learn from a tablet. But now they are making us buy new expensive uniforms that are ridiculous. Why would you make the parents waste so much money in such little time. I have been on campus and the L-wing restrooms are horrible. The stalls have no doors, and there isn't a mirror inside either. That's not even the worst part. The school cafeteria is overpriced and most of the food isn't well cooked or the "healthy" veggies are rotten. Alemany has to get its act together, instead of spending thousands of dollars for a new track field.

My daughter went to Bishop Alemany High School and LOVED it. It is an environment where the individual student is challenged to do his or her best. The students are encouraged to be a part of the community too. It really is a family oriented school. There are so many activities to get involved with from community service, athletics, clubs and organizations. The teachers are SO very dedicated and really care and want the students to succeed. My daughter graduated and now attends UCLA. Submitted by a parent

I've had two daughters go to Bishop Alemany. It is the largest co-ed Archdiocesan Catholic school in the region, over 1,600 students, with plenty of sports (including swimming) and extracurricular activities, strong academic program, AP classes, music program with a first class schola cantorum and a strong orchestra program. Smartboards in every classroom. Every kid uses an ipad. Beautiful campus was previously the archdiocesan minor seminary. There is something for everybody. Principal Frank Ferry is an Alemany graduate and is a wonderful hands-on administrator. Innovative block scheduling. Will work with students who have developmental needs. One of my daughters is in 10th grade and doing well academically while playing volleyball and playing sax in the school band. My other daughter graduated and is a college junior working on a music degree at CSUN.

My daughter attended this school for one year-- She loved it. She loved most all of her teachers and the performing arts dpt really GOT her and gave her a chance. They believed in her and for all intended purposes they were a school that gave her confidence. The front desk is sweet and have been there forever--and are really nice. The tuition office is another story! impatient, cold and uncaring. I think they just need a revamp of tuition personnel and it's a homerun!

Shady conduct abound this school when it comes to relationships between the administration and football. There were always alot of stories of favoritism towards athletes when I graduated from there a year ago. As great as the academics are it is definitely something to keep in mind when considering which school to send your children to. The teachers at higher levels are generally very competent and involved with the kids they teach but non-AP classes are a different story. My experience as an average student there was a mixed bag in terms of some teachers that were competent and some who were practically senile so I would be wary of that as well if you are looking for a good focus on education for the less scholarly students. In the end though those gripes are really the only downsides and other than the sometimes sloppy office staff work you wont be finding this level of quality anywhere nearby. I have to admit that the school is a pretty good value if you manage to catch it at the right times.

Alemany is great and special private school. I have 2 children attending and I can only say nothing but good things! The studies are rigorous, the discipline (if your late to anything) is consistent, and I personally can say there is a NO TOLERANCE for any bad behavior. Over the years, I have seen students expelled for not adhering to the rules (even athletes!). Both my kids LOVE Alemany, and shockingly, so do most of the kids that attend Alemany! The Principal is a great man and truly loves the kids, the staff is caring. My son is graduating and said to me, "I am going to miss Alemany, and if I had to do it over again, I won't change a thing!" My son did well and has been accepted into UCSD, CLU and 2 other CSU schools. My son is a better, well-rounded, happy young man through Alemany's nurturing environment.

Alemany was always a reknowned schools in the SF Valley and therefore I was very saddened to hear some of the stories circulating today. Mainly, favoritism to football players who are given privilages not afforded to others. Walking into school late and bragging about not being given detention, not wearing the school uniform, and worse, tardy slips being written off by the Deans. Students getting caught doing things at school in direct violation of the school 'no tolerance' policy should be immediately expelled. When these culprits get caught and are then asked to report on other students' private lives (away from school) in lieu of being expelled what is the lesson being taught? More so, when the other students are expelled and the suspect is allowed to remain. The Principal is a gentleman of high Catholic and moral values and is an excellent role model to his students. Saddly however, other staff members do not stand by his ethic of fairness and equality. Shape up Alemany, rules are made for the entire student body, not just for a few.

We have great programs to develop leaders who will make a difference in the world

Last modified Bishop Alemany High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12