No rating

Communion Christian Academy

Private | K-5 | 73 students

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $475,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,400.

Posted October 28, 2013

Great school, great teachers, great academic's and great environment. I highly recomment this school. Please visit and witness for yourself.

Posted August 7, 2013

Great school! Wonderful teachers! Bright students! They also offer music,chest, Spanish classes and the STEM program!

Posted August 7, 2013

Wonderful school! My son loves this school and his teachers and friends! He has learn alot since being there!

Posted August 7, 2013

I love this school! My child started last year in Kindergarten! He just graduated! I love the staff, the academics are wonderful! I

Posted June 26, 2013

I have two daughters who recently graduated from CCA. The staff cares very much for the kids and makes them feel like they are family. The academics is great. My daughter started to read at age 4 at this school. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Great Principals. I wish they would go up to 8th grade.

Posted May 19, 2012

I think it is most unfortunate that a number of disgruntled parents have taken to writing negative reviews with the stance that most parents agree with them. I am a very happy parent who has a 6 year old son who has attended CCA since he was 2 years old and I am well pleased with my experience. I am most proud of the positive seeds that are being planted in my son which has enabling him to flourish academically and spiritually. If a child has attended CCA for more than a month and has not learned anything (even a Bible verse) it is not because the teachers are not teaching. I believe most parents at CCA would attest that the teachers are very attentive to the students. Lastly, fundraising money goes directly back into the school, most recently it has been in the form of purchasing the new (white) school bus and refurbishing room A at the Slauson campus. If you are even slightly interested or considering enrolling your child in CCA I suggest you visit/experience the campus(es), principle and staff for yourself.

Posted November 17, 2010

I agree with the other parent this is a horrible school there fake christains and the school is a total rip off. but im not going to stand by and let it keep on going on im going to do something about it.

Posted November 16, 2010

This was the worst school, I would never send my child back to this school.

Posted May 6, 2010

I am a parent and my kids having been going there since they were 2 years old. This is a great school. Teachers are great! The 2 year olds count to 100, know there Alphabets and are already learning to write their name. Imagine what the 3 year olds are doing!! This is a great school to visit.

Posted October 20, 2009

Awesome school! My daughter has been attending since age 2. The teachers caring and the administration is wonderful. The only semi-negative is the mandatory fundraiser participation. Otherwise, the school gets an 'A'

Posted July 7, 2009

I have two children attending CCA with another starting in August. The school has provided a nurturing and structured environment for my children over the past two years. I value the academics and Christian beliefs reinforced daily. The school promotes positive behavior and individual growth. The teachers truly get to know your children and care about their well being. I am very happy with the school and I cannot wait for our baby start.

Posted March 30, 2009

I am a parent and this school came highly recommended to me. I was going to a secular pre school on the Westside that was 2x the cost previously. I was so impressed when I had the chance to meet Mrs. Henson and Ms. Davis. Mrs. Henson is the principal who knows and loves each child. Her priority is to make sure that the children are very safe, academically challenged and growing spiritually. My child is in preschool and we love his teacher Ms. Davis. She has been such a blessing. She really challenges those little ones academically. I have toured many pre schools in LA and in the South bay and I have not found one that offers the excellent foundation that she offers in her class. I am so glad that my child has a solid spiritual and academic foundation. I am very grateful to my CCA family!

Posted May 21, 2008

I have a 2nd grade son at CCA, this school has given him a great foundation. You must stop by for their morning devotions, the kids sing and dance play tamborines and are fired up to start class. The staff treats the children like family, matter of fact the atmosphere feels like a giant family reunion anytime we all get together. Learning is fun with CCA..

Posted April 10, 2008

My little girl goes there and she loves the school, so do I. It's a wonder schoool.

Posted February 8, 2008

I have 4 greatgrand children attending CCA. Two are pre-schoolers and they are on fire for learning. The other 2 girls are in the 3rd & 5th grades. All were attending a private school in the San Diego area. They all were having difficulties with school work. This is the first year for them at CCA. What a difference. They all love going to school and doing very well. The one who was having the most problems in school both sociabley and academically. At CCA she has become one of the most popular students and she made the Honor Role. All 4 love their teachers. There is never a problem with them doing their homework.

Posted September 6, 2007

I have had two students attending CCA for the past three years and have been very pleased with the overall performance of the school. Any problems I might have had were handled in a professional manner. CCA has a high standard of expectation for its students and its teachers. For a good christian school having high standards of excellence I would recommend CCA.

Posted September 4, 2007

The foundation is great for children 2yrs-K.Our child attended from 2yrs-k.We were very pleased by the confidence our child attained in the years attended. However, I was very disappointed in the administration. The school is poorly ran. The teachers appear to be unhappy. The moral is horrible.If you try to make suggestions you are blown off, and ignored. I would not recommend this school to anyone.There are plenty of private schools in the area with the same tuition price.

Posted July 27, 2007

I am sadly disappointed to know what goes on behind closed doors. The principal there is a joke. He has know business even working in the area of education. I would not recommend this school. The first grade teacher was excellent and my child learned a lot but we will not be returning to CCA.

Posted March 28, 2007

Your child can learn a lot in first grade. The first grade teacher is excellent and well organized. However after first grade it goes down hill. They have had a lot of turn-overs this year and the school itself is not organized at all. They really need to screen the teachers more throughly when hiring and also test the children that are entering the school. All teachers should own a computer to prepare the daily lesson or weekly lesson professionally. This is a private school and the kids should really be excelling and have the best possible start to be able to compete in a global world that is forever changing. I do not see it happening here. Also this school needs to schedule more culture events not just in the neighborhood. Take the children to the Getty Museum....

Posted January 27, 2007

There is a lot of staff turn over; quality of the teaching has gone tremendously down in the past year.

Ethnicity This school
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

• Mrs. ethel henson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of god in christ
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6201 South La Brea Avenue