K-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 06, 2016
My son has been going to Toluca since he was six months old. I am really glad we placed him here. Especially the reading program for the kindergarten class is wonderful. They work academically with individuals comfortable level, so that no children feels behind or ahead. My son's reading level is so advanced that we are now struggling to find an elementary school that can continue to challenge him academically.

Posted February 06, 2015
My daughter started attending Crossroads School when she was 3. She continued through Kindergarten and is now in first grade at her neighborhood school. We absolutely loved everything about Crossroads. The Teachers and Staff are extremely caring and support each other. Crossroads became her home away from home. It is wonderful to walk in to the school. You hear children's voices softly, on task, being courteous to one another. Everyone is learning and enjoying it. Things are very organized at Crossroads and the children thrive. My daughter started reading in Pre-K with Lynn and continued reading with Lynn in Kinder. The Reading Program is hugely successful. Kids start reading right away and by the end of Kindergarten are reading paragraph after paragraph. It is very empowering to the children. When my daughter entered first grade she was already reading at a higher second grade level. She was quite advanced in her math skills as well. This gave her an excellent start to elementary school. The Reading Program is simply amazing!

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter loves going to school everyday. She is learning all sorts of things, from letters, numbers, body parts, insects you name it, and she's only 2 yrs. The teachers are super helpful, friendly, caring and loving. There's a nice, spacious play area outback, with plenty of shade etc. They have a great summer program too with lots of fun activites for the children. This school is deffinetly all about the kids for sure. I love this school! This is worth checking out!

Toluca Crossroads School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
Well it was to my surprise to observe how this school has come down in quality in over all. my child attended there and with the changes and lack of communication they have been having several issues. The change in the 3yr old class by someone that just does not look very professional as if a parent cannot tell by the appearance of the teacher. The director seems to be lost in how she handles certain situations.The teacher don t appear to be enjoying their work.and the environment is not the warm and nurturing as two years ago. They are filling the classrooms with more kids and the quality of the school has devalued. Parents there are many other schools that offer a quality education. Don t be fooled just by the changes they are doing to the appearance of the school. It certainly is not the school we use to know.

Posted January 05, 2014
We spent a lot of time researching online, asking other parents and physically visiting many pre-schools before deciding on Toluca Crossroads. What drew us there was the friendliness of the staff and the homey feeling of the facility and the exceptional reading program for Pre K students. We also liked the security offered. They just put in a new security gate and have done a lot of remodeling to make a safer environment for a little ones. After being on the waiting list about 6 months (without a deposit in advance, as many schools require) my son started part time just before his third birthday and loves it. The staff is friendly, helpful, caring and nurturing for to both the children and parents. He loves his teacher, Ms. Leo and looks forward to coming to school (asking when the next day is, since he only goes twice a week). He brings home lots of art and worksheets, so I know he's learning! He also sings songs that he's been learning at school and teaches them to me! I always feel welcome there, never in the way if I want to hang around a few minutes to push my son on the tire swing (his favorite thing for me to do before leaving). All in all, we made a good choice!

Posted October 18, 2013
At Toluca, parents and other teachers are constantly in-and-out, the walls all have large windows, so there's a lot of checks and balances. Our baby has been at Toluca Crossroads since she was barely 3 months old. In the baby room, they have an amazing nurturing woman Maria, who is a dream come true for any mom who has to go through leaving her tiny baby. Maria never never leaves a baby crying or unattended. She speaks mostly spanish, so if I had any issue I would communicate by bringing her a written letter. When it comes to your child, the language barrier is easier to navigate because she is so expressive. In the toddler room, at ANY school there can be occasional issues with kids biting, hitting or pushing, and we've been on both sides of that with our girl. The school handled it very well and always kept us informed. The toddler teachers, Laura and Shirley, are firm without being too harsh. While the school isn't cheap by any means, it was the most reasonably priced in its caliber. Trust me, I looked. : ) The school got new owners while we were there, and they put in security features and cameras, and a heavy metal outer door with an entry code.

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is AMAZING! Both my sons went there, my oldest was there for 3 years. First off, Lynn the kindergarden teacher is someone I trust to be around my children. She has been teaching for a long time and you can tell she loves what she is doing. She is great with the kids. She is caring and loving, fair, and smart. She reads with the kids one on one. My youngest son is 6 years old and is reading at 4th grade level. He loves to read! They have playtime in a nice yard and have a purified water fountain inside the school. The new owners and seem to be doing a great job. Norma, Shirley and Trinae (sp) are wonderful as well. The only thing I don't like about the school is they aren't doing the older grades or we would still be there. Overall I give this school an A+. It is a good place to have your children start good habits with their learning and school work. The kindergarden room has a nice fish tank, a science center, a writing center, and many many toys! It is tough to find a place that has everything you would want for your little ones. Glad we were able to! Keep up the good work! Love you guys :)

Posted September 29, 2013
Child care for newborns is an extremely difficult decision. My husband and I feel so blessed to have found such a caring "second" home for our baby boy. He has attended Crossroads since he was 4 months old. The staff is terrific and everyone really loves the children. Thank you Crossroads.

Toluca Crossroads School 4

Posted July 18, 2013
I have two children attending Crossroads. The teachers in the kindergarten room are amazing. The kids always have wonderful learning activities, computers in the classroom and the reading program is AWESOME!!! My daughter was reading at 4 years old. The only drawback is the school stops at 1st grade now. I wish we could keep our kids there for all of elementary. The pre-K or (3/4 year old) room is wonderful. This room focuses on learning through actual play. This has been great for my son. He enjoys learning about plants and seeds by planting a garden. The only other drawback is the school is a little pricey with tuition, registration fees, supply fees and summer camp fees but for working parents they are open ALL the time and that's great. I would highly recommend the school.

Posted July 17, 2013
We were transitioning our school from private daycare into kindergarten and made the choice to go private here. Early in the year, there was a transition in ownership - where Mimi, the beloved "Principal" retired - and the school was bought out by a group that owns two other schools in the Valley. I am happy to report that it was a smooth transition. There has been no change in staff or teaching methods. Miss Lynn is a wonder - and her UK "Ladybird" reading system got amazing results with our oldest. Watching him sneak off and pick up books at home is so rewarding. Lynn's second-in-command, Miss Norma is awesome as well - with a great energy and rapport with the kids. While I have had little contact with Miss Trenee, Miss Laura or the other instructors - I can see from the other parents faces that they are beloved too. Miss Irina the new administrator is clearly well-liked and admired - and I always see her spending hands-on time with the kids. Great choice if you're not yet ready to go public.

Toluca Crossroads School
4814 Cahuenga Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  91601
Last modified Toluca Crossroads School is a Private school that serves grades K-1