Los Angeles, CA

Posted January 20, 2014
We are three years in and the excellence of teachers and curriculum continues to impress and relieve us. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck here because I have not found a school that compares in any other city.

Posted July 06, 2013
Westmark has helped my son the past two years in ways the public school could not. He has more confidence, he can read without crying, in public school he was called lazy by a first grade teacher at LAUSD in North Hollywood. He was tested to be very dyslextic. We have more to work on, but I shudder to think of how dropped out and discouraged he would have been had I not enrolled him in this school. Not strong with athletics..but that is not what we came for. Thank you Westmark, Thank you Mrs. Graham.

Posted May 23, 2013
My son went to this school and he absolutely hated it. The teachers were very unsupportive of him and they would laugh at him. Please do not send your kids here and I can not stress this enough

Posted September 22, 2012
My daughter just started at Westmark 3 weeks ago. She is a very bright girl who struggles with dyslexia. Traditional school was just not working for her. We have been absolutely amazed and impressed with every aspect at Westmark. The teachers are nurturing and warm. Most of all our daughter is stimulated and excited about learning again and what a relief she is happy again!

Posted June 27, 2012
I went there as a child, and i couldnt agree with you more! my mom thought the same way

Posted March 26, 2012
I have worked at Westmark for many years and I continue to be impressed by the warm sense of community, the support of teachers, parents, and the administrative team, and the enthusiastic students.

Posted October 03, 2011
Westmark has helped my child in many way. His self-esteem and confidence has improved. The theories and approach the school uses is based on well-tesearched methods such as Lindamood-Bell. Lindamood Bell is a very successdul program. My child loves it here and has many close knit friends. The administration has been very helpful even offering my child "free" tutoring to help him catch up in reading. By the way my chilis not taking any meds. I highly recommend this schoo for dyslexic studenys who are struggling.

Posted January 26, 2011
The PTA was a real joke. It was superficial and the only thing the parents (mothers) cared about was who was going to bring the food the next time. This school is extremely expensive and I have never heard of these kind of theories of teaching. Many of the kids are put on drugs because the teachers don't want to really help them, so they put them on drugs so they are complacent. The specialized work is really only repetition, and becomes extremely boring. My daughter was taught at an early age to use computers for learning purposes, and now does not even want to go close to a computer. All the repetition really got on her nerves. These classes were called tutorial, and cost a lot of extra money. The socializing of the kids was ridiculous, as the kids were pretty embarrassed to be going there and pretty darn antisocial.

Posted August 03, 2010
If your child is smart, but struggles in school due to a mild to moderate L.D., this school could be the perfect solution - it was for my son in 6th gr. The Director is open to parent's suggestions and ideas. The teachers care about the kids, and many just "get it"("it" being the kids different learning styles.) The student body is, for the most part, your average, normal tween-teen kids who just learn differently in order to succeed, and Westmark seems to have fiigured out how to do that. My son could have succeeded at public or a "regular" private school, but he would be stressed out, spending way too many hours on homework and tutors, and further chipping away at his self-confidence, At Westmakr he is happy, learning more because he is learning in the way he can best learn, and becoming more self-confident both academically and socially.

Posted November 10, 2009