Posted March 17, 2012
Both my kids went to the Oaks. Our youngest just graduated in 2011 and they both flourished there. They were encouraged to become not just passionate students, but caring, responsible members of the community. The teacher are fantastic and committed. The sixth grader teachers in particular are incredible.

Posted November 16, 2011
If you want small class size with mutliple teachers per classroom, a dynamic progressive education, an empathetic faculty and parent body, then The Oaks School is the place for your children. Our family has been at the Oaks for the last nine years and we can think of no better place for our children in Los Angeles. Our child who graduated several years ago was fully prepared for the richness of the middle school environment and curriculum, and our current student continues to thrive and find new ways of looking at problem solving, education, the arts and of course social interaction. If we had to do it all over again, we would make the same choice.

Posted June 02, 2009
I have 2 children at this fabulous school. It's an oasis nestled in the heart of Hollywood. The classes are intimate, the teachers are wonderful and the community is a family. We are currently undergoing a change in the head of school, and I have the utmost faith that we will choose a perfect fit.

Oaks, The 2

Posted January 27, 2009
my child attended this school for almost 3 years and loved the school. some of her teachers were the best. we very sadly had to leave due to safety hazards that were not properly addressed for over 2,5 years, even though the school was aware of these issues and we asked them to take care of it. unfortunately the way it was handled brought about a very toxic situation. btw: the parent student ratio on your site is incorrect. my child was in a class of 24, with 2 teachers.

Posted December 11, 2008
I attended this school (graduating class of 2006) and I am so incredibly glad i went to The Oaks that words cannot even describe it. Not only did i get a wonderful education but i learned much more there then most school teach, i learned about being nice to others, i learned to be comfortable with myself, how to speak in front of people, how to write and i learned some lessons that you cannot learn without experience and i got those experiences at The Oaks, when i say this i am not exagurating in the least, The Oaks is like a family, and i am in highschool and still in contact with people that were in older, and lower grades than myself, The Oaks teaches to learn the way you learn best, to be yourself, and to be all that you can be

Posted April 19, 2005
The Oaks School gives the feeling of being a small community school. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged through many 'joyous participation' opportunities. This is not a school where you drop off/pick up and run. Children must be walked to and from their classes and signed in/out. There are many opportunities to help out the school community and see your children throughout the course of a day -- libary duty being a favorite. The music program includes 2 'recitals' annually and a sing along at the yearly all school campout. The art program provides 2 large and 6 smaller shows a year. The sports program is creative as there is a gym and an outdoor yard, but not a big sports facility. Annual all school sports activities include the jogathon, circus -- and the children are able to sign up for the weekily mileage walk which encourages long-term physical fitness.

Oaks, The 4

Posted March 14, 2005
Many experienced teachers, great library and physical education program. Puts an emphasis on public speaking and performance, with each class making a presentation at the weekly school assembly several times a year and at a winter concert each year. Small school, so kids get to know everyone pretty well. Parents are involved. There's a diversity committee, but not much diversity, although they think about it a lot.

Posted October 12, 2004
My son entered Kindergarten this Fall. I am very impressed with the teaching and the values of the school community. My son is extremely excited about learning and has many interesting opportunities to explore new ideas/activities each day. The teachers and Head of School are always available to talk about issues of importance to the school, in general, and the individual child. They are warm and welcoming. Each sixth grade student is paired with a Kindergartener to act as a guide and support. This has been a wonderful opportunity for my son to develop a relationship with an older child.

Posted March 07, 2004