K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Wonderful sweet little school with very high parent involvement and terrific extras like library, PE, Art and music. Assemblies once a week help build the community both for the kids and the parents. Families are able to develop close, lasting relationships. Children definitely come first at this school - all teachers and faculty embrace this mentality. Class sizes are small with two teachers in each classroom. Sadly the academics are somewhat lacking and my children were not challenged enough. In the upper grades families are having to pay for tutors so that the kids will be prepared for the middle school entrance exams.

Both my kids went to the Oaks. Our youngest just graduated in 2011 and they both flourished there. They were encouraged to become not just passionate students, but caring, responsible members of the community. The teacher are fantastic and committed. The sixth grader teachers in particular are incredible.

If you want small class size with mutliple teachers per classroom, a dynamic progressive education, an empathetic faculty and parent body, then The Oaks School is the place for your children. Our family has been at the Oaks for the last nine years and we can think of no better place for our children in Los Angeles. Our child who graduated several years ago was fully prepared for the richness of the middle school environment and curriculum, and our current student continues to thrive and find new ways of looking at problem solving, education, the arts and of course social interaction. If we had to do it all over again, we would make the same choice.

I have 2 children at this fabulous school. It's an oasis nestled in the heart of Hollywood. The classes are intimate, the teachers are wonderful and the community is a family. We are currently undergoing a change in the head of school, and I have the utmost faith that we will choose a perfect fit.

my child attended this school for almost 3 years and loved the school. some of her teachers were the best. we very sadly had to leave due to safety hazards that were not properly addressed for over 2,5 years, even though the school was aware of these issues and we asked them to take care of it. unfortunately the way it was handled brought about a very toxic situation. btw: the parent student ratio on your site is incorrect. my child was in a class of 24, with 2 teachers.

I attended this school (graduating class of 2006) and I am so incredibly glad i went to The Oaks that words cannot even describe it. Not only did i get a wonderful education but i learned much more there then most school teach, i learned about being nice to others, i learned to be comfortable with myself, how to speak in front of people, how to write and i learned some lessons that you cannot learn without experience and i got those experiences at The Oaks, when i say this i am not exagurating in the least, The Oaks is like a family, and i am in highschool and still in contact with people that were in older, and lower grades than myself, The Oaks teaches to learn the way you learn best, to be yourself, and to be all that you can be

Last modified Oaks, The is a Private school that serves grades K-6