Home > California > Los Angeles > Los Angeles Community

Enrolling after moving


elee32502 July 25, 2013

I have a 4th and 6th grader who will need to enroll to a new school upon our family moving to L.A. We prefer a charter school but we would settle for a good public school if they can be enrolled. The problem is we will be in a corporate housing for a couple of months without a proof of residence. Will nearby schools make an exception and allow them to enroll?

Post a reply
Facebook  Digg 


Sort by:  Oldest first |  Newest first 


MagnetMom July 26, 2013

Hi elee32502,

You might be able to apply for either charter or if schools have room you might still be able to use open enrollment. What area is your corporate housing, and how long will you live there? As a resident you qualify there for schooling. Many of the Oakwood complexes are actually in great areas (Woodland Hills, Burbank) and the neighborhood schools are great.

Search Community