Los Gatos, CA
Students enrolled: 1,821

Los Gatos High School 2

Posted October 09, 2014
i moved to lghs last year and am now a sophomore, and it is not good for new students coming out of state. most of my teachers last year did not try to make me feel welcome, and were kind of rude. most of the students have grown up together so they are not open to new students. lghs is a good school, but maybe not the best choice for a out of state student

Posted April 12, 2014
The school really cares for you and your well being. They have great programs such as reality check, students to students, cassy, and safe rides to make sure all of their students are happy and healthy. However, like many Silicon Valley schools it is very demanding. The pressure can be extreme here, especially with so many other high achieving students around you.

Posted August 14, 2013
I am a teacher in another high school district. ALL high schools have issues with drugs and alcohol and bullying. LGHS has implemented some great programs to deal with these issues: CASA, CASSY counselors, peer connections. It is a proactive high school in dealing with current issues that plagued high schools. Yes, there are teachers that are not good. Again, ALL schools have those. But the majority of teachers are excellent, and go above and beyond to help the students...during the provided tutoring time AND on their own time. Love this school for my teens!

Posted August 14, 2013
This school has an excellent staff of caring teachers and administrators. The beautiful campus is set against the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains. The support of the community is huge, and it shows (ie. the ceramics room has better equipment than the local college ceramics dept!). School spirit is evident everywhere, and the students are truly proud to be Wildcats. We are so fortunate are kids are able to attend LGHS!

Los Gatos High School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
Both of our children came to LGHS after graduating a very demanding middle school in San Jose. We are very happy , going our 4 year here. People are nice, and there are no "tiger moms". Most of teachers a very good. A lot of your child success depends on how motivated he/ she is. There are plenty of opportunity to slack off ,but also equally plenty to take the most demanding courses.

Posted July 29, 2013
I love Los Gatos High! This school is public yet has superior academics, athletics, extracurricular activities, teachers, coaches, and administrators! It is arguably the most beautiful high school anywhere! The students at L.G. enjoy tremendous facilities, equipment and opportunities, as well as, super school, parent and community support. L.G. High is as good, if not better, than 99% of all other schools out there public or private! I cannot imagine a more beautiful school or town for my kids to be part of!

Los Gatos High School 4

Posted May 05, 2013
Some outstanding teachers and lots of choice (languages, woodwork, ceramics, metalwork, journalism and more). My two boys are kept busy with water polo and swimming, as well as doing some AP classes. There appears to be a significant drug problem. So far I'm not seeing it with my kids, who seem to have their feet on the ground. There's a lot of parental involvement, which I think helps in creating a support network among the parents. In my experience the teachers are caring and motivating. My kids find the level of homework very manageable (although it steps up in 11th grade with college prep), still having time for sport, socialization, and their own interests.

Los Gatos High School 1

Posted February 20, 2013
A lot of bullying and tight cliques. Snobbery at it's finest. Hard to make friends and the school administration does not get involved. Prefer Leigh High, more down to earth

Posted December 08, 2012
best school in the us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your kid will love it here. It's so nice also it's so fun to leran here. so much better then Leigh high school

Posted December 05, 2012
We have one student here and more coming. We have been very pleased with the level of instruction and the opportunities offered both academic as well as extra curricular. Every instructor we have met has been engaged and very competent. We have been overwhelmed with the efforts to include parents. The advisers are easily reachable and stay with the student throughout his or her gestation from Freshman through Senior year in a "house" type structure. Overall we couldn't imagine a better opporuntity to learn for our children.

Los Gatos High School
20 High School Court, Los Gatos, CA  95030
Last modified Los Gatos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Gatos High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top