Posted September 17, 2014
I agree with the previous reviewer. My takeaway is that the academic process is designed to keep the failing students afloat. The kids who are thriving and are above average have no choice but to spend an additional 2-3 hours a days to supplement the 6 hours they have already spent at school. All the learning takes place at home or at after-school tutoring programs. Homework is almost non-existent, even so, many parents complain it is too hard. For many parents the school is a social club, not the place where their children should receive quality education. Fundraising efforts literally turned into spamming families for more money, even though the H&SC operates with a surplus. Some teachers do a great job and offer advancement opportunities, but find little support among parents. This school rewards those who struggle and neglects those who aspire to achieve.

Blossom Hill Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
My kids play tennis 10 hrs a week, takes 2 hrs a week of violin lesson, 2 hrs a week of piano lesson, 6 hrs a week of private tutoring plus Kumon. It is clear that this school has done nothing but wasting my kids' time which they can spend practicing violin or piano. Now you know how this school's API performance is good.

Posted March 30, 2014
I have been a Blossom Hill parent for 7 years and have nothing but praise for the school, the teachers and the parent volunteers. It is truly a privilege to witness the involvement of all the caring adults in my children's lives. I have 2 currently at the school and 1 who has already graduated to middle school. Our principal is one of the most caring and capable educators I've had the pleasure to meet. So sad to read the review below about her "condescending" voice and attitude. I feel sad for that reviewer that they don't recognize her genuine good nature. How bitter must you be to attempt to take such a good person down? As with any public school resources are limited but Blossom Hill does amazing things with the resources they have. The parent community is involved and committed and through the H&SC fund many critical programs to augment the core academics. Is it perfect? No. It's a public school. But as such, it's a safe, welcoming and inspiring place where my kids truly have blossomed.

Posted March 15, 2014
My child has now attended for 2 years and I am considering putting her in private Christian school. There is no enrichment for kids that can work above their grade level. And I am unhappy with the number of spoiled "mean girls" at the school. I do know the teacher referred to who taught first and has now moved to 3rd. I have heard other stories about her and wouldn't want my child in her class! I'm not sure about our "exceptional" principal as I have had no experiences with her. The school motto seems to be the teachers/staff are always right and parents get no say in anything related to their child's education. It should also be noted those mean girls have parents who run the parent involvement. And they definitely learn their behavior from their parents!

Posted October 06, 2013
Blossom Hill is an amazing school. I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader attending, both children have been there since Kindergarten. The teachers are good, caring individuals who show interest in each and every child. I was quite sad reading the one review where the parent posted a very bitter review of the teachers and principal, her experience is not mine or anyone else I know for that matter. I guess you can't please everyone but would say 99% of the parents and kids attending are happy there :)

Posted October 05, 2013
Blossom Hill is an outstanding school. And almost all the teachers are passionate about learning and really excellent. The kids are smart, the home and school club and parent volunteers are very involved. Los Gatos believes in its school and has repeatedly passed bond measures to keep school sizes smaller than neighboring districts, in the face of massive budget cuts from the state. And while I believe the teachers are exceptionally good - no doubt due to the leadership and culture put in place by the principal, I will say that there is ONE exceptionally mean, rude and unprofessional teacher who taught 1st grade in '12/13 and is teaching 3rd in '13/14 - for the whole year she publicly mocked a child who had a bathroom accident the first week of 1st grade! She should be terminated, but apparently tenure rules make this near impossible.

Blossom Hill Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
Blossom Hill is a terrible school - There are a few teachers who are great, but most of the teachers are mean and act like they wish they were retired already. The principal has a condescending fake voice that she uses with everyone, and she is rude and disrespectful. The staff at this school are arrogant and negative - Los Gatos should do so much better!

Blossom Hill Elementary School 4

Posted December 08, 2011
Great and very responsive principal. Some differentiated education within the classroom according to student abilities. Lots of good after school enrichment programs. Great clubhouse for after school care.

Posted May 08, 2011
Blossom Hill is a great school with a fantastic community of parents and teachers working together to make an ideal learning environment for kids! The principal has been in place for 3 years now and is a revelation! Parents and staff work together well at this school. My oldest has gone k-5 at this Blossom Hill and has now move on to the excellent middle school. My second is presently in 4th grade. We are VERY happy with the education provided which encourages a well rounded and happy child. The theater program is amazing and through the funding of LGEF our children get music, PE and science above the levels found in other public schools.

Posted March 08, 2011
Blossom Hill has great teachers, dedicated and involved with kids in their classes. My daughter came here from a private, non-traditional school and while she has regressed a bit academically she adores her teacher, continues to enjoy learning and does very well in class. Peer and social belonging did not go that well as she comes from a very small, close knit community school to a bigger, more material oriented environment. . And because both are very important to our family I am leaning towards pulling her out of this school.. Great emphasis is placed on teaching to the test with not enough time to spend on teaching the material in the test. This is why most parents at Blossom Hill resort to tutoring, Kumon etc to get their kids where they need to be for test score results. The kids here are very smart (including my daughter that does well on tests) but if the teachers don't have time to do lessons (no fault of the teachers) you either do poorly on CST's or you get "external" help to boost your CST scores Impressive school facility,good teachers but the test results are the reflection of the demographics and affluence of the community... not necessarily school quality.

Blossom Hill Elementary School
16400 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos, CA  95032
Last modified Blossom Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blossom Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top