Bad
Good

Fisher Middle School is a great place to get an education. The teachers are very involved and the curriculum is challenging, but not over the top. They have made a lot of changes to the school since I attended, but the improvements seem to make the school much nicer. There are lots of open basketball courts outside, which is great for kids to play at lunch, promoting exercise. PE was fun as well, I will always remember getting Otter Pops on hot days after completing a run.

This school is AMAZING!!!!! I transfered here from another school, and I can`t describe how much better Fisher is. It offers so many more choices than my old school. I had so much fun past year, and I can`t wait to go back!

My school is fisher. Love the school, the principal. My children love to go to school and will be in 8th grade soon.

I am a Fisher graduate from the 2012 school year and I would just like to say a few things about this abomination of a school. The students are all on the same boat, in that they are all going through an awkward transitional period, and they need to be treated like they are developing into young adults, not as if they are 2nd graders. At Fisher, I had a horrible time. I was going through an awkward transition phase and I was treated poorly by my peers but had no idea how to retaliate because of the 2nd grade social education I was receiving at Fisher. I had no friends and the administration failed to even notice this. I was miserable all three years. Now, I go to LGHS and it is a phenomenal school. I am treated like the 15 year old boy I am and I have many great friends. My time spent at Fisher, however, has hindered my ability to reach out to people and it put me through a robotic, childish phase that I still have to push myself to get out of. Do not go to Fisher.

This school is amazing. i have learned so much just in the past couple of months, and really enjoy coming to school here. The teachers and principal are amazing! I can't imagine a better middle school to go to!

Fisher is an average middle school that caters to the average student. Limitations exist in a 6 period schedule, for example band, wheel (electives that rotate through out the year and foreign language. Only one Geometry class, only one teacher certified to teach class of 45 students. Not a big concern because most students don't even make it to Algebra by 8th grade here. Also, a very bad Algebra teacher who serfs FB during class. She has received multiple complaints, multiple years to admin, but tenure rules in this district. Bad apples stay. Lunch time is a zoo and forget buying hot lunch because all 1400 plus students eat all over the campus at the same time because there isn't enough space in cafeteria for all students. I wonder why they don't separate lunch periods. One helpful aspect is the tutorial time designed to bring the bottom half of the students up, allowing them to receive help from teachers. For those of us who have above average students, great time for completing homework for kids on comp soccer teams, etc.

There is no better middle school principal [anywhere] than Lisa Fraser. She keeps the children at the center of her every decision. She is a great leader, an example to our kids, and fully integrates the opinions of parents into her actions.

This school is just absolutely excellent i am currently in 2008 sending my kids there and it is just a great community and everything come to fisher and everyone is accepting

This is a great school i love it my kids love it and people are just so nice i highly recommend transferring to this school.

Moved here 2 yrs. ago. My experience is that this community is uptight and hard driving. Lots of drugs, $$. The schools reflect that. Competitive sports, bullying at school (not tolerated by admin., but they don't always know). Good teaching. Must be smart, rich, athletic. Big classes. Not personable. Except admin. who are wonderful. Don't know how they manage to work in this community.

Last modified Raymond J. Fisher Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.