Posted November 25, 2014
My kids have been in attendance at this school for 2 years now and we are very happy! I feel completely at ease after dropping off my children knowing that they're loved, nurtured, and challenged academically. I also love the Christ-centered focus which in turn develops the students' morale and character to reflect an attitude and perspective that's humble and other-centered. This school gives each student a head start by providing cutting-edge curriculum, state-of-the art technology center and a well-rounded approach to music and arts. The school has been in service for many years which is a testament in and of itself with staff & administration dedicated to each student and family. They know each child on a first-name basis and it feels like an extended family. I just don't have enough positive things to say other than we are so very grateful that our children get to take part in the experience at LGCS.

Posted November 21, 2014
My kids have been attending Los Gatos Christian School for about 4 years, and we are very happy with the school. It has a great set of teachers, all very well qualified and accredited. The staff is very caring and attentive. They offer small classes, a very strong and well rounded curriculum going from Math above grade level, well-equipped computer lab to an excellent music and arts programs. They also offer series on-site extra curricular activities that are great for working parents like myself who need to use their after school program. We visited several schools in the South Bay Area, and by far believe that LGCS offers the best well rounded education that we want to offer to our children.

Posted July 23, 2014
My son was in LGCS from 3rd to 6th grade. Like other schools in the transition of modern technology, the school takes up many challenges. The teachers work harder than ever to adapt to the new web system. What has not changed is that the teachers still try hard to instill Christ-like manners and high moral value into the children. The atmosphere of kids helping each other like a family is strong. When we encountered some issues, the school promptly met with us trying to resolve the problem. Our son is academically gifted, so he was encouraged to compete in the spelling bee, math Olympics and science fair. He was, however, also encouraged to participate in sports despite of his weak athletic skills. He grew as a whole person not just based on his academic excellence, for which I ll forever feel grateful. Having a son holding strong interest in math and science, I agree that the school should improve their science program to attract the kids impassioned for science. But, disagreeing with some previous comments, I believe that most academics match private school requirements, and the school is willing to provide challenges for those requesting them.

Los Gatos Christian School 2

Posted June 06, 2014
Academics is not good anymore. Still lags behind on applying maths, science and technology. Some of the teachers are exceptional and some just need to leave. School days are a lot lesser than other schools. IMO, new principal tried, but I'm not sure about the board. I am ready to take both of my children out next year. They don't seem to listen to the feedback given by the parents. There is a huge gap in children performance. If academics are lagging behind, nothing else matter. Not recommended.

Posted December 14, 2013
LGCS has gone down the drain in the last few years. Teachers are overworked. Teacher's aides were fired. At least 3 principals in the last 3-4 years. They have switched syllabus without asking parent's permission. English grammar is poor here.No music,no second language. Money is being conserved and students are bearing the brunt. Why go to a private school if your child is not getting anything out of it. Church missions are being handed down to the school and kids come home with donation slips. No way am I donating to charities that I do not know of. In this day and age, I cannot believe they are trying to do this. They run a world fair to get donations for their sports equipment ! I am surprised why student tuition does not cover for that. If they can pass missions off to school students. Raise money from the church for sports equipment. There is no christian attitude here,a lot of bullying in this school which administration tries to sweep under the rug. If your child has a concept that they are not grasping,no help is offered. Have u noticed,for every bad review,someone posts a 5 star review(real suspicious. Not a school that develops character .

Posted November 22, 2013
LGCS is a wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and loving and there is a nice community of families here. This school is high in academics and offers wonderful extras like technology, art, and music. My daughter attended here from Jr. K-8 grade and was well prepared for high school. This school not only prepared her academically, but helped build Christian character as well. My son is in middle school and really enjoys the sports program they offer. If you are looking for smaller class sizes, caring teachers, and a Christian environment, LGCS is the place for you!

Posted November 19, 2013
If there was an option of not rating this school a "star" but rather a No-Star rating, this would be the prime example. Simply put, horrible administration, plain and simple. First and foremost the manipulation of how your money is spent here is ridiculous, it cost x-amount of dollars to attend here, fine... but ALL the other charges you have to pay, i.e. at the end of the year if YOU as the parent aren't able to assist/volunteer x-amountof hours to the school you are fined $250?!?! Ridiculous and absurd, shouldn't the staff take care of that? All the additional fees and etc that go along are absolutely ludicrous. A list of 30 +items that you MUST be purchase before the school year begins is another red flag to those who are considering coming here. Question: shouldn't the school provide pencils, paper, erasers, heck even binders for their students? You make enough money from all your "donations", where is that money going? Forcing children to believe there is no such thing as evolution or true science is another hard pill to swallow. Brain washing at it's best! This place is a joke.

Posted November 18, 2013
Los Gatos Christian School is one of the best kept secrets in the San Jose area! Academics taught from a Biblical world view, technology integrated with the learning and teaching, and a competive athletic program are just a couple of reasons to consider Los Gatos Christian for your family. My middle school student is thriving in all of her classes, is enjoying the different teaching styles for all of her courses, and is participating in the after school athletics. Thank you for all that you do!

Posted November 09, 2013
My daughter attended LGCS from Jr K through the beginning of 6th grade. We were very happy with the school during the first few years however there was a change in administration 3 years ago and since then the school has really declined. The staff is very good at preaching to the children about what it means to be a true Christian however some of the staff are very hypocritical and do not uphold those characteristics or hold the students accountable to those values. There is a lot of bullying in the middle school. I had approached the administration on numerous occasions regarding my concerns however I was encouraged to speak to the other parents directly instead of the administration getting involved.The bullying continued and actually increased to the point that my daughter was being threatened. I never received a response until I mentioned Seth s Law. At that point they became very defensive. Subsequently, I have pulled her out of the school. They clearly find themselves exempt from following Core Curriculum/ State Standards (as they are far behind academically), as well as, providing a safe and positive social environment for the students.

Posted October 22, 2013
Dangerous environment for children. School does not prevent, address or discourage bullying. In some instances, school personnel were the bullies. Children who are different albeit due to religion, learning style, outward appearance or family composition are exposed to treatment detrimental to a child's healthy growth. School personnel is not regulated by state agencies.

Los Gatos Christian School
16845 Hicks Road, Los Gatos, CA  95032
Last modified Los Gatos Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Los Gatos Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top