6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The board needs to wake up and look carefully at the leader of the school and the mostly male administration that he has put into place.

Supports LD students: Agree

The Learning Resource Center is the only redeeming aspect of the school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The head continues to weave a facade of deceit and the majority of the Board allows it to continue. The Head of School needs to leave or retire and his predominately male administration needs to be disbanded. In the last 10 years, 85% of the established faculty have left or been counseled out because the Head wants complete and ultimate control with no competition

I am not happy with the Dunn School at all I have been here for three years and every year it has been getting worse! I would not recommend this school for anyone! They are very cheap and won't spend a nickel unless they absolutely have to. The student leadership positions only go to the students whose parents have money and the kids with money can get away of anything they want.

I'm a proud alumni of Dunn School. I was lucky to be a boarding student in a very diverse environment in a beautiful valley with students from different countries- even from Sudan, Ghana, India, Germany, and so on. I loved how teachers are passionate and genuinely care about students and their success. Teachers live on campus and I was able to go get help with work anytime. I received academic honors every year and was accepted into a university I wanted to attend. There was so many leadership opportunities- I gained my confidence being a leader of several organizations on campus. I am from Japan but Dunn is my forever family- the people I met there and the experience Dunn gave me are truly amazing. If you are considering going to Dunn- that is a great choice! 100% recommended.

For our family, Dunn's faculty and staff are the "golden triangle" of schools, meaning the perfect balance. The teachers have a lot of energy and are very inspiring. They are involved during classroom, enjoy eating in the cafeteria at lunch/dinner, and most are assigned to dorms with the boarding students. This provides students the opportunity to get to know their teachers. My son is a Sophomore at Dunn High School, and is thoroughly enjoying school again. We have been part of the Dunn community since 7th grade. He is confident with his studies, and enjoying getting fit in pre-season baseball training. At the beginning of every morning, students check in with their assigned advisors, who are instructors at the school. The advisors assist the students in keeping track of homework, and any assistance they may need. This is very helpful for the parents, as students initiate doing their homework. Teachers are available to the students during evening hours via email. We enjoy Dunn's smaller classroom size, which gives more time to teach to the student vs. staying on a pre-programmed academic schedule. This gives the students the opportunity to speak their views and ideas, whether it be solo or in a team. The interactive classroom setting is interesting and instills creativity. Otherwise students become bored if they just sit and listen to lectures. Dunn would not be possible for a lot of wonderful families if it weren't for the financial aid that is offered. It is based on income, and the online application is processed through a vendor, confidentially. Dunn has zero tolerance for bullying, and responds immediately if something is reported. Dunn High School has a very talented team for college counseling and preparing/assisting students with the enormous college application process. I am confident, as a parent, that my son will be guided successfully towards developing his future goals, and making it happen. Thank you Dunn, for all you do. Parent, Dunn School

Amount of homework: Agree

They have lots of homework, but ample support from their teachers as well as other students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Morals and values are a huge part of the Dunn School education goals. Independent thinking, integrity and social awareness are not just taught, but modeled.

Reading the poor review from last December (by a teacher?), I have trouble even considering that they were talking about Dunn School. We have had an incredible experience for both our kids. My husband and I both attended independent schools and my older son, now a senior spent his first two years at another independent school. In our experience at Dunn I have seen nothing but a high level of education and caring given by both the faculty and the staff. My kids will be well prepared for college, but even more importantly, they will be prepared for life. The school ideals that are taught are ones that my children will utilize throughout their lives. I cannot say enough about how pleased we are. I just must assume the angry reviewer has issues of their own, not really issues with Dunn. I find Dunn school a vibrant, exciting and dynamic institution that gives us everything we wanted in a small independent school.

Dunn School is a dying institution. Its former glory has been tainted in favor of being as cheap as possible in anticipation of a country-wide drop in school-aged children in the 2020s. Faculty and staff are radically overloaded as the school refuses to hire adequately, and a massive discrepancy between educational staff experience exists. Dunn School has a large annual churn rate of around 8 to 10 staff and faculty, which speaks poorly for Dunn's investment in their employees. Students are subjected to a one-size-fits-all model. A school of former diversity is now nothing more than an overseas boarding school for East Asian students.

Last modified Dunn School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12