Lynwood, CA

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2012
I am a little disapointted with this school. They need to enforce the entering of parents during school hours. Staff is not that great. I had a bad experience, trying to see the principal. Was told he was not available, They would not let me wait for him. When once the principal said in a meeting, that he was available any time. I was once told by neighbors that this school was the best, I'm not so sure. Principal needs to work on getting the cafeteria clean for sanitary reasons.

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2011
Just not what you expect. Don't be fooled by what you read. That all I really have to say.

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted September 12, 2010
To the teacher who made the comment on November '07, principals and other administrators HAVE come and gone, but the majority of us teachers have not. Many of us have dedicated time and effort into the cause. We are ALL accountable for the progress of the school not just your class. Get more involved in student progress and achievement overall not only your class. If you see that another teacher needs your expertise, then lend a hand and give constructive criticism and/or resources. If you are not satisfied with us then go in search of greener pastures. We will survive. We are what we all make of it.

Posted November 08, 2009

Posted January 23, 2009

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted February 22, 2008
This school has shown some improvemnt with the leadership of it's new principal strongly working together with parents and teachers.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2007
Washington school is not fully living up to its ability. The teachers are great but the support staff seems to lack direction thus making educating the children on campus difficult. Also parent participation is almost nonexistent. And you rarely see any fathers on campus ever and security on campus is not present.

Posted December 13, 2006
I am very pleased with Washington Elementary School. I have liked every teacher that my child has gotten through three years of attending this school. I only would like to say that it takes the parents of all the children to make this school as successful as its been. If we the parents would be more involved in what happens at our children's school they would be as successful as other schools in other cities especially where in the cities where the PTA is very involved and is full of parents willing to do many thing for all children.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2006
Decent school and great teachers!

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2005
Washington has a pretty solid academic program. The academic materials and lessons are state standards based thus providing for pretty good preparation for standardized testing. There are also year round intervention programs for those below grade level and in need of extra instruction. My one pet peeve about intervention is that the classes are too,large for effective instruction. If a child is performing poorly in a regular class of 20 what are they gaining in an intervention class of 30. Where Washington lacks is in the area of parental involvement and extracurricular activities. There is a PTA in place at Washington however, the membership & participation is very low compared to the number of students enrolled. There are no music classes, school sports (other than track), drill team, choir etc. Some enrichement activities (computer classes)are offered to a chosen few. On a good note most of the teachers are great!

Washington Elementary School
4225 Sanborn Avenue, Lynwood, CA  90262
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top