Manhattan Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 1,317

Manhattan Beach Middle School 0

Posted August 07, 2014
I went to mbms for two years and I loved it. The principal was awesome, I learned a lot in class, and I'm excited to start my eighth grade year there. There is a lot of homework, but it helps you learn and makes the tests easier. The only class I didn't like was French, because the teacher makes you review and review easy concepts that you already know well. That class is very slow and the teacher spends most of the class time on things you have already learned. Some people might like it, but it's not for me. Mbms also has an amazing music department. I am in band and choir, and both classes have experienced teachers that really care about they're students and want to help them learn. The iPads are easy to use and have enhanced my learning experience, making classes more interesting and my backpack lighter. I love mbms and have had a great experience in sixth and seventh grade.

Posted April 13, 2014
This school is completely overrated. Teachers are non responsive, especially when you are actually trying to help your child -- I guess they aren't accustomed to parents actually participation in their child's education. Education is sub-par. The iPads are a joke -- some classes use online textbooks, others don't. If you're going to integrate, integrate across the board. Frankly, my child is a straight A student and finds textbooks on the iPad to be difficult learning tools.

Posted July 21, 2013
honestly this school wasn't all too great. mainly because everyone was so snobby and the standards were a bit too high. i did learn a lot, though. i wish this school had lockers because carrying around my heavy backpack wasnt very fun. i also didnt care for the ipads. it actually made school harder and more stressful. i had to drop a class because all the homework we had was just too much. overall, i did not care for this school. you have to be skinny and you have to wear brand name clothes to fit in. even then, everyone judges you.

Posted June 15, 2012
An exceptional middle school in the southern California area. If your kids don't go to private school and you can afford the real estate in the Manhattan Beach area your kids will get a real education. Warning to parents of slackers. The other kids at the school are self and parent motivated. If you are going to take a hands off approach and your kid is lazy, don't expect success. The kids at this school will leave your kid in the dust.

Posted March 03, 2011
I go to MBMS and its awesome! The teachers are so nice but teach you a lot. I scored advanced on all my STAR testing exams from the state while at MBMS. I highly recommend this amazing school.

Posted March 17, 2010
My child learned an extensive amount whil;e having fun with great peers. He loved it and I reccomend it highly

Posted July 17, 2009
the level of education, extra curricular activities and enriched teaching is phenomenal. There was not a dull moment in three years.

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted May 03, 2009
I'm a sixth grader at MBMS and so far I've been loving it here! The choral director is so nice and a great example for us students of what we can be in the future. The band and orchestra are amazing, too. The teachers are so helpful and give us challenging assignments which, as hard as they may be now, will definitely help us in the future. There are(and have been) so many field trips planned for us like science camp where us sixth graders had a chance to experience a week of school in cabins on a mountain. Though I've had some trouble fitting in and making friends here, I believe this happens in most middle schools, if not all. MBMS is a great school and I would recommend it to everyone! :)

Posted April 01, 2009
What a fantastic school. From the recently built campus to the great leadership and caring teachers to the strong, involved student body, this is a public middle school that gets it. What's more, my kid ENJOYS school at MBMS (well, maybe not the homework) and is developing stronger study skills with the help of his instructors. With assistance from our education foundation, this school is providing an excellent education and a broad variety of experiences to our kids.

Manhattan Beach Middle School
1501 Redondo Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA  90266
Last modified Manhattan Beach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manhattan Beach Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top