Meadows Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted January 02, 2013
It saddens me that we couldn't make this school work. My son attended public pre-K in South Torrance, and had a wonderful experience. We moved to MB and started him in Meadows for Kindergarten and the transition was such a disappointment. The classroom setting did not allow for any semblance of creativity or right-brained thinking. It was a disaster for my son. He changed into a self-concious, fearful child I did not recognize. I was not thrilled about the teacher's rude treatment of the volunteer parents either. The principal was very, very kind and I appreciated her approach, but we ultimately were not allowed to do a teacher change, and so we opted to move our son back to the Torrance district. It felt like a drastic move, but my son is now thriving back in Torrance where he is allowed to express his creative side. We're so happy we changed schools. It's sad to me, that such a highly regarded school system is really letting talented right-brained students fall through the cracks.

Posted May 13, 2010
We have 2 children at Meadows. We have been very happy with the principal and the teachers at the school. In response to the person 'who pullled 3 children out.' In any public institution you need to work within the system. You can't go to the principal and start making demands. We had a bully problem that I documented and got quick action on. As far as the teachers being tenured, this happens after only a few years. It is a problem in California in general, but much less so at this school. I have found all of our teachers to be professional, engaged and have our kids best interest in mind. We are very happy with Meadows Elementary School and I am a demanding customer.

Meadows Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Meadows is a wonderful school! Both of my children attended school here. The teachers are wonderful. The parents are very involved (in a good way!). Very friendly environment. Academically top notch.

Posted June 18, 2006
Great school and parent involvement is excellent.

Posted March 10, 2006
- a former student

Posted December 11, 2005
Terrific school, with great families, high expectations, caring teachers.

Meadows Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2005
Meadows Elementary has a terrific parent community with outstanding parent involvement. Meadows fosters strong parent-teacher communication and we are lucky to have great teachers consistently. My children are now in 3rd and 5th, and we have yet to have had a teacher that did not exemplify strong character and caring for our kids.

Posted August 05, 2005
Connie Harrington,the principal, is terrific, with progressive ideas and high academic standards. She knew both of my sons personally and several years later still remembered them. My oldest son had the best academic experience of his life in his sixth grade year, where the two teachers team taught and challenged him with an innovative curriculum. When we moved from the Meadows area into the Pennekamp area, my boys loved Meadows so much they refused to leave and we kept them there. Parents are very involved.

Posted July 18, 2005
This is a superior school. With more than qualified teachers, this school soars above all in its district. The parents are very hands on and have several opportunites for all parents to be involved. Being in a wealthy neighborhood, one can expect the snobish attitude that comes naturally to this area. However, what it comes down to is the child's education and in this school he/she will be getting just that.

Meadows Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted May 25, 2005
- a former student
Meadows Avenue Elementary is an outstanding school with excellent resources and well-trained and caring staff.

Meadows Avenue Elementary School
1200 Meadows Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA  90266
Last modified Meadows Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadows Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top