Bad
Good

Both my boys went to meadows and had an incredible experience. Given both had ADHD and both required additional support, the school stepped up and provided them with quality education. The former principal was tremendous, involved at every step, and the new principal is starting in the same footsteps. Teachers are involved, parents are very involved, and the education foundation adds another $5M in funding to make the school district that much better, restoring Physical education, keeping class sizes small and adding a science specialist. we went from a private school to meadows and found the transition wonderful (and the cost savings tremendous).

It saddens me that we couldn't make this school work. My son attended public pre-K in South Torrance, and had a wonderful experience. We moved to MB and started him in Meadows for Kindergarten and the transition was such a disappointment. The classroom setting did not allow for any semblance of creativity or right-brained thinking. It was a disaster for my son. He changed into a self-concious, fearful child I did not recognize. I was not thrilled about the teacher's rude treatment of the volunteer parents either. The principal was very, very kind and I appreciated her approach, but we ultimately were not allowed to do a teacher change, and so we opted to move our son back to the Torrance district. It felt like a drastic move, but my son is now thriving back in Torrance where he is allowed to express his creative side. We're so happy we changed schools. It's sad to me, that such a highly regarded school system is really letting talented right-brained students fall through the cracks.

We have 2 children at Meadows. We have been very happy with the principal and the teachers at the school. In response to the person 'who pullled 3 children out.' In any public institution you need to work within the system. You can't go to the principal and start making demands. We had a bully problem that I documented and got quick action on. As far as the teachers being tenured, this happens after only a few years. It is a problem in California in general, but much less so at this school. I have found all of our teachers to be professional, engaged and have our kids best interest in mind. We are very happy with Meadows Elementary School and I am a demanding customer.

Meadows is a wonderful school! Both of my children attended school here. The teachers are wonderful. The parents are very involved (in a good way!). Very friendly environment. Academically top notch.

Last modified Meadows Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.