Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
Worst principal ever! She talks to the parents like she's talking to kindergarteners. What a joke!

Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2009
Exceptional principal who knows all the kids by name. Great teachers. Strong parent involvement with PTA and Ed Foundation raising money to make up for shortfall left by state budget cuts. Music, art, science lab and even PE in 4th grade and up have remained. Only concerns are true for entire district: growing class sizes to over 20 even in K-3, over 30- in 4th adn 5th and district horrible track record and approach to special ed.

Posted August 18, 2009
I moved into Manhattan Beach for its schools and boy, am I glad I did. The strength of this school is its excellent & caring teachers, led by Principal Dale Keldrauk, who is the best principal I've encountered in the 4 schools my kids have attended. Advanced curriculum; good resources.

Posted May 03, 2009
We compared this campus, classes offered and the cirriculum to Rolling Hills Country Day, and with only the exception of the swimming pool and the long scenic drive up to RPV, Pennekamp offered everything; computer lab once a week, science teacher once a week, library with staffed librarian, on staff nurse, and legendary PE teacher, with PE every single day, music program and Young at Art as well as many supplemental educational assemblies, guest teachers and an amazingly involved, hands on, in class group of parent volunteers. This is our first year here at 1st grade from Montessori of Manhattan Beach and we are very, very pleased so far.

Posted April 21, 2009
Pennekamp is a wonderful school. My son has an amazing teacher. The science, P.E. and other specialists add to the experience. The parents provide good support. The STAR program provides a great variety of activities for the kids. We were previously in a private school and worried about the transition, but we are thrilled with Pennekamp.

Posted February 07, 2009
I've had two sons attend this campus commencing with my first in 1999 and my second will graduate this year. Over the years I've witnessed few teachers come and go. The school has a strong academic program, teachers and office staff really care about each child and the parent participation is amazing. I would highly recommend Pennekamp to all who are lucky enough to live in this school district.

Posted September 01, 2008
Pennekamp has been a great experience for both my children who are in 1st and 2nd grade. High parent involvement, many extra curricular activities, and great teachers.

Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2006
We moved to Manhattan Beach just for the school district, our child has attended two years here, and the Kindergarten experience was mixed, the teacher was incompetent,although the system and curriculum seemed well-planned and organized.First grade experience has been excellent so far, they hired a great teacher.They do too much emphasis on the age, instead of performance of every child, though.Would suggest the school, but be aware that the satisfaction of your experience relates to who you have as your child's teacher.

Posted May 26, 2006

Posted April 26, 2006
Parents are impressed with the quality of education their children are receiving and the level of academic challenge.

Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School
110 South Rowell, Manhattan Beach, CA  90266
Last modified Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aurelia Pennekamp Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top