Manhattan Academy 1

Posted August 02, 2014
I loved the school, and thought it would be a perfect fit. We spent 5 yrs here, and it was not until leaving did we realize the truth. My child adjusted well to the new school, but would not engage in some work activities. When questioned by the school psychological department it was discovered that there was a fear of being wrong and what the teacher would do. Nothing physical, to be clear. In the Upper Primary classes apparently when a child is questioned and gets the wrong answer they are ridiculed in front of others and torn down. It took some time for my child to be comfortable in the new school... just be aware. My other children did not have this experience, and I believe it was only isolated to a certain teacher.

Posted February 26, 2014
What a fabulous school. We have been part of Manhattan Academy for a couple of years now. Two kids...super happy! Love the teachers and staff. I love it when I drop off my children and I people laughing and singing in the halls or at the copy machine. What a happy place to be and I feel great leaving my kids for the day. I know they are well cared for, learning a lot, and happy to be there! If you haven't already, check this place out!

Posted February 11, 2014
We stumbled upon Manhattan Academy in 2011 when I heard they had opened an Infant Center. I was hooked from the first introductory meeting. My daughter is now in her third year at the school and is thriving! She is loved and cared for by all the teachers and administrative staff. She is confident, outspoken and happy. Since she spends more time there then at home (let's be honest about this), I can only thank all the teachers that touch her life.

Posted January 10, 2014
Both of my sons attend Manhattan Academy, my younger son goes to the infant center and my oldest is in preschool. Our family is so happy here. The infant center staff are very loving and friendly, everyday he comes home with something new he has learned. My older son loves his class, we have tried 3 other schools here and none of them met my standards. He has learned so much at this school, more than I expected. I don't understand why this school doesn't have better reviews because We LOVE it here!

Posted December 09, 2013
We have 3 children at Manhattan Academy since 2008. Our first child has gone through the Toddler, Primary, Upper Primary and now is in Elementary 1st grade. He has developed wonderfully and into a well-rounded, smart, articulate, social, confident young boy. Every teacher he has had has been an inspiration to his life. We have the utmost confidence in MA to continue his growth and development through the Elementary program. Our second child has been in Toddler and now in Primary. She has the same qualities and development as our son and a completely different personality. She is reading, understanding numbers, very creative and artistic. There is a wonderful group of parents and involvement in her class with a variety of events and solid curriculum always happening. We are very pleased with her progress and she just turned 4. Our third child started in the Infant Center, which we have recommended to many other families. She moved through Infant Center to the Toddler campus and on her way to Primary. Again, a completely different personality from her siblings but on her own accelerated path and has grown tremendously. Overall, MA is a brilliant school we highly recommend!

Posted November 22, 2013
Our child has been at the Academy for over 5 years and is currently working through the elementary program. Over the past several months, the enhancements being made to the elementary campus, as well as administration, will only help strengthen this great school. The amazing teachers that surround each and every child work together as one unit, not only to provide very strong academics, but continually guide them through these important years by providing the appropriate tools, love and support to help strengthen their character and build self-esteem. Other programs that are offered far exceed what is out there in the public schools. A dynamic physical education class, public speaking, current events, technology, Spanish, art, music, theatre, dancing, and cooking, are just to name a few. These children will leave this school very well equipped academically and personally to tackle middle school and beyond. I highly recommend scheduling a tour to see for yourself.

Posted August 04, 2013
This is a great pre-school. From 18 months of age, the toddler environment follows the Montessori method. As children move up to the main campus, at the age of 3, the children are treated to an absolutely lovely, light, bright and true Montessori classroom experience, complete with access to an outdoor environment with greenhouse and play structure. The school has a pool, offers swim lessons after school as well as many other wonderful extra-curricular programs. The emphasis is on following the child but also on preparing the child for an academic career and a life-long love of learning- whether you decide to stay for their small but excellent elementary program or move onto another school. It is an excellent school for working parents, the after-care is very high-quality and the school doesn't take too many vacation days. Children will be reading fluently and silently with a great emphasis on comprehension and phonetic spelling by the time they reach kindergarten or 1st grade. Use of the Montessori math materials ensures great conceptual awareness of high-level math at a very young age. Teachers are warm, caring and dedicated.

Manhattan Academy 2

Posted March 10, 2013
This is one of a number of schools the owners have. It is run more like a business than a school, and the directress is hit and miss. She can appear warm, but also ignore emails and inquiries. They have a higher turnover of teachers than other similar schools and a past teacher confided that the problem is the directress. The owners appear to keep her because she fits their business model. There are better alternatives to this school.

Posted February 13, 2013
I visited every private school in the South Bay. Some even twice. First off, as a parent, you need to know exactly what you're looking for as far as an education for your child. For me, I wanted a healthy structured environment run by a no nonsense director. I believe it starts at the top. Some of the comments about teachers leaving in droves...very confusing as the one's I've spoken to genuinely seem to appreciate the environment they're in. My daughter is currently in primary. Never went to school before this year. She's knows all her numbers, letters, is starting to read a bit, is writing clear..and very often comes home singing in Spanish. She also comes home nightly, without being told, and practices her letters because it's so much fun to learn. She constantly tells me how much she loves her teachers and school. I think a big problem with our education system is that the teachers aren't stern or focused enough in preparing our kids for their future. Most schools lack structure and have a too care free of an attitude. I'm paying good money for my child to not just learn, but retain knowledge. And so far, in what I've seen, my daughter is doing just that.

Manhattan Academy 1

Posted December 03, 2012
extremely dishonest people working at this school... I would NOT trust this school to teach my children any honesty or morals.. at least one person working there is trying to deny fault in a collision after clearly admitting it to the officer...Thank God for police reports...

Manhattan Academy